WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest

I'm looking forward to more entries!

I was also quite surprised that there are only 4 entries at this moment in cat. B, it should be a lot more.

I'm waiting on some BL orders for my entry. But due to some thesis writing I can't start building before the last weekend, so I'm hoping that not all my ideas pop up in other entries.

And thumbs up to the uploaded entries in both categories!

Catagory B - Is custom helmets aloud because i kinda painted all my brown helmets to make them look dirty.. am i still aloud to use the helmets?

thanks,

I was also quite surprised that there are only 4 entries at this moment in cat. B, it should be a lot more.

I am fairly confident that we will see more new entries soon. So far, I enjoyed viewing the intense creativity over at Category B.

Catagory B - Is custom helmets aloud because i kinda painted all my brown helmets to make them look dirty.. am i still aloud to use the helmets?

Please make sure the rule below applies to what you have asked,

Clone brands’ (Oxford, Megablocks and suchlike) parts are definitely forbidden.
You may not include in your entry any decal or other design element created by other customisers; actual custom plastic items (such as BrickArms, BrickForge and similar) are allowed, as long as you clearly refer to them in the text description below by stating the parts used for each customised minifigures if any and to give due credit for it. In summary, you may only used your own designed decals and not others. If you are using actual custom plastic items, be sure to state them clearly in your entry description.

Thanks for a great contest! I will be reunited with my bricks on the 19th, so some furious building will happen then!

:classic:

Okay, its the LEGO pilot helmet anyway. but il have a look around for a clean one :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for a great contest! I will be reunited with my bricks on the 19th, so some furious building will happen then!

Yea!! I am not sure if you are able to make/submit it in time! It actually ends on the 20th June noon! :look:

Please do participate!

Okay, its the LEGO pilot helmet anyway. but il have a look around for a clean one :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you.

I think of building a vignette for Category A for Viking. Since I own the Viking minifig from Series 4 and the figs are not allowed I have a question whether the axe's head as well as the Viking's helmet have been used somewhere before? I know the Viking sets had axes and helmets but since I'm not up to date with the newer sets I'm not sure if they were the same parts or just similar.

I think of building a vignette for Category A for Viking. Since I own the Viking minifig from Series 4 and the figs are not allowed I have a question whether the axe's head as well as the Viking's helmet have been used somewhere before? I know the Viking sets had axes and helmets but since I'm not up to date with the newer sets I'm not sure if they were the same parts or just similar.

Judging from the inventory and related information at BrickLink, the axe and helmet are available in other sets, but in different colours. So I guess you cannot use the axe and helmet from series 4.

Click on the "Item No" links in the BrickLink inventory to see which other sets the pieces appear in.

I am working on my entry for category B and had a few questions:

1) What does "The first Eurobricks collectible minifigure set" mean exactly? Is this going to be something that is resold, or just given the title and displayed online as such? I may be making some custom parts that cannot be easily replicated at this moment.

2) I know we cannot use figures that we have posted previously, but can we use parts of them in new combinations? If I reuse a decaled torso but with new head, legs, hair, etc. is that acceptable?

My figs are almost done, now I have to work on the vignette, thanks in advance!

Judging from the inventory and related information at BrickLink, the axe and helmet are available in other sets, but in different colours. So I guess you cannot use the axe and helmet from series 4.

Click on the "Item No" links in the BrickLink inventory to see which other sets the pieces appear in.

KartoffelViking, thank you for providing the right reference. Even though that part is made available for other past sets, but the colour is unique to series 4. Therefore, it can't be used for both categories.

1) What does "The first Eurobricks collectible minifigure set" mean exactly? Is this going to be something that is resold, or just given the title and displayed online as such? I may be making some custom parts that cannot be easily replicated at this moment.

It is just a "contest" naming convention.

2) I know we cannot use figures that we have posted previously, but can we use parts of them in new combinations? If I reuse a decaled torso but with new head, legs, hair, etc. is that acceptable?

As long the decaled torso is your own design and you will not attempt to share the figures which you have posted before in public, then "yes", it is acceptable.

Just posted my Category B entry ... took me a while to sort out the photos, but I got there in the end.

I can see why there are fewer early entries for Category B this time, coming up with 16 unique minifigs is a challenge on its own, let alone then designing a vignette to fit them all in. With the minifigures and the vignette, it's a little bit more time consuming than the previous contests, so I expect there'll be a few more entries nearer to the closing date.

I definitely enjoyed the challenge ... though I'm not sure if I could come up with another 16 unique minifigs, if the same contest is planned for the series 5 contests ....

Wow, stunning entries Darkblane. I'm going to be challenged to compete with those. I especially like the detective (wish I would've gotten a trenchcoat for one of mine, but it takes too long to ship) and the bounty hunter. Creative vignette, too. That presentation with that photography will be hard to beat.

(Yes I am following Category B very closely.) :tongue:

I can see why there are fewer early entries for Category B this time, coming up with 16 unique minifigs is a challenge on its own, let alone then designing a vignette to fit them all in. With the minifigures and the vignette, it's a little bit more time consuming than the previous contests, so I expect there'll be a few more entries nearer to the closing date.

I definitely enjoyed the challenge ... though I'm not sure if I could come up with another 16 unique minifigs, if the same contest is planned for the series 5 contests ....

I agree with you on both of those points. I spent most of the past month making the minifigures alone, and I kind of wished I had thought more about what I was going to do for my vignette.

Indeed, I would surely be exhausted of creative minifigure ideas if there were to be a second competition like this. :laugh:

Sorry! Posted this in the wrong place.

Check out this topic instead.

Edited by R66Y

Less than 4 days left before this contest is closed!!!

Come on and bring those entries in before the deadline is up! For the US members, please note that it will be closed on the 19th due to time zone differences!

Thanks.

Less than 4 days left before this contest is closed!!!

Thanks for the reminder, I've gotta get around to photographing my category A entry...

Thanks for the reminder, I've gotta get around to photographing my category A entry...

No problem at all!! Now, it is left to 3 days and less to the deadline. :snicker:

Flickr is not working for me at all right now, so unfortunately I will not be able to enter (due to time constraints). Sigh... :hmpf:

But, I wish the best of luck to all entrants, I will look forward to seeing the final entries once I return from my trip that I am taking.

Flickr is not working for me at all right now, so unfortunately I will not be able to enter (due to time constraints). Sigh... :hmpf:

You still have time to upload them. At least from what I see, it has 48 hours to go.

It's quite last minute, but my entries are up. I'm far from satisfied with the pictures, but time's up.

I love this build, especially the cat. B, but a 16x16 vig is way to small for 16 minifigs, but that's my opinion.

Good luck everyone, now it's time to sleep. Alarm sets in 6 hours.

I believe it's about 3 hours or so, till the end of the contest.

It's quite last minute, but my entries are up. I'm far from satisfied with the pictures, but time's up.

I love this build, especially the cat. B, but a 16x16 vig is way to small for 16 minifigs, but that's my opinion.

Suggestion noted. I noticed it was very challenging for many of our participants but the submitted entries so far, are very remarkable. :thumbup:

About 90 minutes left!!!

I really really hope that all last minute entries are ready to be submitted by now!

Oky, you nearly gave me a heart attack. At the very least, both of your entries especially Category B was submitted in the nick of time. You only left 6 minutes when you posted your Category B entry. Next time, please try and avoid from submitting too late. It can be quite scary and disappointing if you didn't make it in time.

I'm very sorry about that. :blush: I guess I could come up with a bunch of excuses for why I was so late again, but I'll spare you the details. Let's just say I was very busy until now, and only got around to finishing and photographing my entries today. But at least I got them both done in time this time. :excited: I was going to add some more links to my Category B entry, but it was too late. Oh well. I'll try to be done earlier next time. No guaranties though. :head_back:

I hope ya'll like my entries and good luck to everyone! There are lots of fantastic entries again! :thumbup: