WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest

Hold no grudges! Here's my entry for Catagory A, an electric chair for the Mad Scientist to execute the Monster! :tongue:

dsc03216i.jpg

dsc03217q.jpg

Edited by BrickWild

So hey, I'm sorta new to this... but is there a rule stating this has to be something I haven't already shown pictures of? I seem to recall that for another contest. But if not, I've got something made that's sorta perfect for this.

wow interesting event.

Hold no grudges! Here's my entry for Catagory A, an electric chair for the Mad Scientist to execute the Monster! :tongue:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheScooterGuy/ElectricChair/dsc03216i.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheScooterGuy/ElectricChair/dsc03217q.jpg

This color scheme is nice. The yellow color is nice !!!

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed deeplinks. No need to quote the picture in it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheScooterGuy/ElectricChair/dsc03216i.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheScooterGuy/ElectricChair/dsc03217q.jpg[

Ehm, shouldn't you post that in this topic?

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed deeplinks. No need to quote the picture in it.

Looks like many of you are quite fearful for the challenging Category B. I am looking forward to many exciting presentations.

If you are searching for inspirations, this topic could be of use to you.

Please post your entry in this entry topic (Category A).

So hey, I'm sorta new to this... but is there a rule stating this has to be something I haven't already shown pictures of? I seem to recall that for another contest. But if not, I've got something made that's sorta perfect for this.

No, you are not allow to post pictures of your past reveal MOCs as part of your participated entry. You may choose to modify and re-design it but you cannot use the exact same thing for your submission. Please revise it accordingly. Thanks.

Thanks for this contest! I think I'll enter category A, and possibly category B. I'm disappointed that there's no 16x16 vig with a minifigure from each series, because I already had one planned out! Thanks again for hosting this, and I look forward to seeing all the excellent entries.

Yay! I've been waiting for this! :sweet: Interesting new Category B, but I don't think I'll enter as I'm not much of a customizer. I might have been more inclined to enter if it weren't for this rule:

20. No digital added decals or parts’ colour changes will be allowed.

May I ask why this has been added? If normal decals and digital backgrounds are allowed, why can't we apply the decals virtually? It would make it much more appealing to participate for purists like me.

Aw nuts! I was really looking forward to the challenge of displaying one minifigure from each Series on a 16x16 vig. Oh well this will still be quite fun!

Yeah, same here. It would have been an interesting challenge and could have spawned some very imaginative entries, but oh well.

I wish there was still the traditional Category B competition in addition to the new version, but this is pretty cool too. I may attempt to enter B, but the figures would all have to be purist since I'm not much of a customizer. It'll be very interesting to see what some of the entrants come up with, though.

I'll definitely be entering, though probably only for Category A. I've never been much of a customizer...

This contest sounds like fun!

Edited by Titolian

Who do I message with a question about my entry into Category A? It was deleted and after rereading the rules I can't fathom as to why it was.

Wow - category A is the same as always - I'll have to really up my game though after the high quality of the last competition's entries.

Category B - I think I have an Idea - Just not sure I'll be able to pull it off - I've never done minifig customisation before! Wish I'd picked up a load of bland minifig parts in the 'Create a minifig' table at Legoland yestreday!

Great idea for a contest though - Cannot wait to see the entries.

May I ask why this has been added? If normal decals and digital backgrounds are allowed, why can't we apply the decals virtually? It would make it much more appealing to participate for purists like me.

It is because normal decals is the work of the customisers and digital background is to enhance the overall presentation which doesn't relate to your overall built. Whereas, I had forbid LDD entries and it also applies the same to no digital added decals or parts’ colour changes.

However, please note that this is not entirely a customisation contest. Customisation takes half of the challenge. You can also be a purist (I will do that if I can participate) to present your own ideal Series 1. That's half of the point, while the presenting and marketing of your vignette on the 16 x 16 scale is the other half. I still urge you not to give up and feel disappointed about it.

can i still use brickarms and brickforge items for my minifigures. I need a brickarms gun for my army guy.

Yes, for Category B. Please state the items clearly in your entry description.

I wish there was still the traditional Category B competition in addition to the new version, but this is pretty cool too. I may attempt to enter B, but the figures would all have to be purist since I'm not much of a customizer. It'll be very interesting to see what some of the entrants come up with, though.

As what I have mentioned to Oky above. I repeat myself again. This is not a pure customisation contest. Your "idea" to your ideal Series 1 and the presentation vignette is being judged. You can be a purist and supplement a couple of customisation stuff somewhere along the line, and what is more important that if your Series 1 attracts the right audience or not. Consider it again.

The traditional Category B is pulled off after much careful consideration as there will be quite a handful of "similar" ideas. I am not sure about you guys, but I think it will be very restrictive. Things might changed in the next round. Thanks.

Who do I message with a question about my entry into Category A? It was deleted and after rereading the rules I can't fathom as to why it was.

Drop me a PM.

Meanwhile, can you please re-submit your entry with regards to your Category A entry in here.

In category B you want us to build 16 minifigs whit Lego parts or 16 custom like tin7 creation? We can make custom decals and accesory like this? (custom hair and torso decalc.)

55790110.jpg

Capt'n S.

It is because normal decals is the work of the customisers and digital background is to enhance the overall presentation which doesn't relate to your overall built. Whereas, I had forbid LDD entries and it also applies the same to no digital added decals or parts’ colour changes.

However, please note that this is not entirely a customisation contest. Customisation takes half of the challenge. You can also be a purist (I will do that if I can participate) to present your own ideal Series 1. That's half of the point, while the presenting and marketing of your vignette on the 16 x 16 scale is the other half. I still urge you not to give up and feel disappointed about it.

OK, thanks. I still think applying decals virtually could be considered "work of the customizer" too, but whatever. I might enter if I think of something good. Can the 16 x 16 vig be comprised of multiple different small scenes from different themes? If so, could they be stacked? Is there any piece count limitation for the accessories of the figs?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

In category B you want us to build 16 minifigs whit Lego parts or 16 custom like tin7 creation? We can make custom decals and accesory like this? (custom hair and torso decalc.)

Yes, part of the unique 16 minifigures that you have created on your own with your customisation approach is allowed.

OK, thanks. I still think applying decals virtually could be considered "work of the customizer" too, but whatever. I might enter if I think of something good.

The difference lies on the fact that it was done "digital" instead of actual piece.

Can the 16 x 16 vig be comprised of multiple different small scenes from different themes?

Yes. Whatever you do, as long it fits in within 16 x 16, its acceptable.

If so, could they be stacked?

Yes, it can be stacked in terms of levels.

Is there any piece count limitation for the accessories of the figs?

I am not imposing a strict piece count or accessories count. Just use the regular LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series as a guideline. You couldn't want to equip your minifigure with more than 10 accessories, resulting it to be unrealistic.

Yes, part of the unique 16 minifigures that you have created on your own with your customisation approach is allowed.

Must we necessarily customise the minifigs, or are minifigs made just by combining (with non-already existing combinations) existing standart parts allowed ?

Edited by Evrach

Participants who have submitted earlier in Category A, please take your time to ensure that your photos of your entries are well taken. There is no rush for you to take hasty photo shots of your entry. Please ensure that good photos of your entry is important. Kindly retake them accordingly. Thanks.

Must we necessarily customise the minifigs, or are minifigs made just by combining (with non-already existing combinations) existing standart parts allowed ?

No, it is not necessary to customise all 16 unique minifigures with your new decals and customised parts. You can use official LEGO parts to assemble your own unique minifigures series. For example, the Forest Archer below was all official LEGO parts and it is not an existing official LEGO design from any existing sets.

Forest Archer

2.jpg

I have already made my Category A entry and 3 figs for Category B. :grin:

I love these contests. :classic:

For category b it says build a new series 1, but does it have to follow LEGO's rule of not using any licensed themes?

Great contest, can't wait to enter.

For category b it says build a new series 1, but does it have to follow LEGO's rule of not using any licensed themes?

A very good question, and I have updated the rules to ensure this is being explained clearly on the first post.

Inappropriate and licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc creations are not allowed. If you think LEGO is likely to release it as part of their regular designs, then it is likely to be appropriate, otherwise please ask if you are unsure.

In short, when we purchase the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 to 5, can we ever see a possibility of a licensed minifigure like a Stormtrooper or Rebel Pilot as part of the series? In this case, this contest follow the same approach.