BasOne

[LDD MOC] Lucky Number Seven

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Humanity numbers over 800 billion, Earth, Luna, Mars and several hundred spacestations and moons are

overcrowded to capacity.

Every country is looking for a solution.

Faster then light travel is discovered, massive colony ships carrying millions of people are being built.

Preparing to seed the universe with human life.

The human diaspora begins, thousands of large and small colony ships leave the Sol system in search of habitable planets.

Alien contact is made, we are not alone.

All semblance of countries and nations are abolished, the first democratic world gouvernment is formed.

The first United Democratic Planets is formed consisting of over 500 human polpulated worlds.

Planetary gouvenments start to grumble about the taxation from Earth talking about independence.

Planets proclaim their indepence from Earth.

The first war for indepence begins.

A decleration of peace is signed, the UDP recognizes the souvernity of almost 200 planets

calling themselfs The Republic of Independent Planets

Internal strife breaks the Reblublic apart.

The Galactic Federation is born.

Civil war breaks out on earth.

The UDP collapses.

The Civil War ends as the Empire is formed and an Emperor is crowned.

Losing contact with most of the former UDP planets the Emperor starts a campaign to bring all human worlds into the fold.

The Galactic Federation rejects the Emperor and declares war.

Now.. The war continues.

In the one hundreth and eleventh year of the continuing war against the galactic federation, Earths Imperial Navy recieved the first of the new Armadillo class light cruisers.

Lucky Number Seven commanded by Captain Crawford was one of the first to see action in the defence of planet Sypho.

Although the borders have moved since, planet Sypho was on the border of Imperial controlled space and the Seven was one of a dozen ships patrolling the area when the Federation launched their attack.

With it's forward plasma driver cannons and Titan class torpedoes, the Seven took out one of the enemies battleships but sustained heavy damage by it's acompanying destroyers and cruisers.

The Wasp fleet defenders kept most of the torpedoes and missles from impacting on the ship but could not prevent energy weapons from penetrating the shields.

Heavyly damaged Captain Crawford ordered the Seven to retreat from the frontlines but by that time the tide had turned.

With the destruction of the Federation Battleship the Imperial forces gained the upperhand and planet Sypho was, for the moment, saved.

The Armadillo Class Light Cruisers were born after the Empire set the Imperial designers to design a light, fast starship that could go toe to toe with vessels four times their size.

Utilizeing weaponry usually reserved for larger battleships and heavy cruisers, the Armadillo class sacrefices a lot of internal space for energy generation and lacks the durability of it''s larger cousins favoring hit and run tactics.

One of the weapon systems the Armadillo class is equipped with is usally reserved to the largest battleships and cruisers because of the large amount of space the sytem requires as do the missle reloads.

The 'Hammer' Missle launch system consist of a large array of nuclear armed missles used to take out large groups of anemy fighter and bomber squadrons aswell against smaller capital ships.

The Armadillo class is equipped with a 54 missle tube array with a single reload as there is no further space to store missles.

Lucky Number Seven

Section 1

7_section_1.png_thumb.jpg

Section 2

lddscreenshot92.png_thumb.jpg

Section 3

lddscreenshot100.png_thumb.jpg

Section 4

lddscreenshot109.png

lddscreenshot110.png

Aviation fuel storage.

lddscreenshot111.png

Fleet defender hangar and launch decks.

lddscreenshot112.png

Side view of launch decks.

lddscreenshot113.png

'Hammer' Missle Launch System.

lddscreenshot114.png

'Hammer' Missle control center.

Section 1 LXF WARNING 18.500 Bricks

Section 2 LXF WARNING 20.500 Bricks

Section 3 LXF WARNING 14.000 Bricks

Section 4 LXF WARNING 20.000 Bricks

Support Vessels

lddscreenshot90.png_thumb.jpg

DF-86 Wasp Fleet Defender

lddscreenshot91.png_thumb.jpg

ADC-23 Raptor Assault DropShip

Brickshelf Folder

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=471812

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Ooh, a highly-interesting cruiser design - big, bulky, unique diamond overall shape, and packed with details especially in the interiors. Good LDD design BasOne! :thumbup:

Hello!

That's a really massive starship! The interior details are pretty cool. :classic: How many sections did you plan to do until the starship is finsihed?

Cheers,

Christopher

Nice MOC. Big but well detailed, especially in the inside. Must have took a ton of time to build it... :tongue:

I like the back storty as much as the ships design so far and that is a long war ! :devil:

Inspiration is from what 'BasOne' ?

In any case I say great LDDing and Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks guys ^_^

Hello!

That's a really massive starship! The interior details are pretty cool. :classic: How many sections did you plan to do until the starship is finsihed?

Cheers,

Christopher

Actually i have no idea, i had to resize Section 2 to even make an interior :blush:

So what i planned in one section will now be 2, it will all depend on the detail of the section i guess.

But sofar, with what i had in mind i'm looking at 20+ sections :grin:

I like the back storty as much as the ships design so far and that is a long war ! :devil:

Inspiration is from what 'BasOne' ?

In any case I say great LDDing and Brick On ! :grin:

Inspiration comes from every Sci Fi show you can think of really :laugh:

I'ts 30 tv shows and movies packed into something that does not actually tries to resemble anyting :tongue:

Edited by BasOne

But sofar, with what i had in mind i'm looking at 20+ sections

Twenty sections is quite a lot! :wink: Isn't there the possibility to order the sets you create with LDD? I guess section one would already cost a small fortune. Twenty sections will be nearly unaffordable. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Twenty sections is quite a lot! :wink: Isn't there the possibility to order the sets you create with LDD? I guess section one would already cost a small fortune. Twenty sections will be nearly unaffordable. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Doesn't really matter much, as designed section one is 18.500 bricks, remove unbuyable and you keep something like 4000 bricks in the model :laugh:

I don't like the ristrictions building 'buyable', i like LDD somuch cause you can built with parts in colours that don't excist :tongue:

Edited by BasOne

Wonderful detail. It's a real shame you probably won't be able to assemble the finished model (though you might be able to assemble some screenshots). Every time there's a new release I hope against hope that they'll have worked out some optimization that will allow me to assemble my bigger models.

It's so extremely chuncky and massive that it actually works. It would be an awesome sight to see this in real bricks. Heavy. :thumbup:

It's so extremely chuncky and massive that it actually works. It would be an awesome sight to see this in real bricks. Heavy. :thumbup:

And it will get chunckier and more massive :grin:

Still need to finish writing the background story though, but i got too caught up in other things.

Anyways, section 3 is finished :tongue:

Update in the first post :wink:

I love that drop ship, got a thing for drops ships of all types though :laugh:

The main ship itself is huge, nice back story as well.

Small update on the background story.

Not entirely happy with it so ideas crits and comments are very welcome :grin:

This looks amazing :thumbup: Judging by the size of the finished sections I think the only thing coming close to it would be the Galactica or the Deathstar - at least of the sci-fi movies and shows I know.

I wonder how much this beast would weigh if every of the 20+ sections are connected and how you'd present it, since it appears to not have anything resembling landing gear (which, at this size, would crumble under the sheer weight, either way)? It's too bad it will never see the light of day, because it certainly would be really impressive to look at.

The backstory you came up with is good as well, although I doubt that it would need 3000+ years to develop into such a galaxy-scale war - judging by history, the newly settled planets would want to break free much much earlier :wink: