Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

What is Kidsfest?

So there is a Kidsfest coming up in Pittsburgh, PA (I used to live there and have friends there) Is it really worth driving 6 hours one way and pay $20?

Are there exclusives? are there vendors? Am I really going to find good deals or should I just stay where I am, wait half a year and go to the one closer in Hartford, CT?

So there is a Kidsfest coming up in Pittsburgh, PA (I used to live there and have friends there) Is it really worth driving 6 hours one way and pay $20?

Are there exclusives? are there vendors? Am I really going to find good deals or should I just stay where I am, wait half a year and go to the one closer in Hartford, CT?

Kidsfest is an event run officially by Lego and it travels across the country. Local LUGs usually setup up displays as well, and there are vendors. However just remember it is a kids event, and not an AFOL event. :P

-Omi

Even if its a kid based event im still going because I know Afols will go, Im going to the one in Hartford, I only live 30 minutes south of it so I wont complain, it will be my first event so im kind of excited.

I attended the Minneapolis Kidsfest last night with my son. There were plenty of things to do for him but not much for the AFOLs like me.

The one thing that made it worth it for me was the good deals that could be had in the LEGO store. All Prince Of Persia sets were on DEEP discount. Nearly 70% off retail. I picked up 7573 Battle of Alamut and 7571 Fight for the Dagger for a total of $34. And thanks to Groupon, we got a good discount on admission.

LEGO Kidsfest Cleveland

This Weekend, November 4th, 5th, and 6th!

I'll be there, in the store, helping out. Feel free to stop on by and say hi! If it's not too crazy, I'm always willing to chat with people; just let me know who you are! Pittsburgh was madness from what I hear, so hopefully Cleveland will be even crazier!!!

I just found out about the upcoming Cincinnati event (March 23-25), and I'll definitely go if there's a decent AFOL presence. Does anyone have more information about what discounts are available? I've read that most conventions offer 30% off, which would be well worth the ticket price.

This isn't a fan convention like Brickworld - Chicago or Brickfair. This is an actual event put on by TLG. Sorry, but expect 0% off in the store. Those discounts are for fan conventions.