Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Sail Barge wrong brick?

We just put the Sail Barge together, and found out that they replaced the 8x8 sand plate with grill, with a regular 8x8 plate. Did anyone get the plates with grill that you see in the instructions and in the pictures? (It's the same grilled plate as the black used in the Tie Interceptor UCS)

Also the 144mm long tubes were seriously shorter than supposed - has anyone experienced this as well?

KimT and Morten

[building the Sailbarge, Slave1 and Clone Turbo Tank with non-LU Mace Windu]

EDIT: This is the plate

4151.png

On mine there was a note, to use the Sandcolored 8x8 studs insted of the peice Kim And Morten showed...

Thx guys - now to call Lego and give 'em hell.

Also whilst building the 7261 Clone Turbo Tank (non-LU) I discovered that they had replaced the trans-blue 1x2 mod. grills with light blue instead :-| Man the list of wrong pieces is growing fast: :-| :-|

Rescue Heli: gray bricks instead of white bricks

Batmobile: wrong rims

CTT: wrong grills

Sailbarge: short tubes, wrong plates, mixed reddish brown mod. 2x3 brick ("windows")

KimT

I think that this is what you get when you multiply the different parts involved in all the sets. I am not sure about the actual number of different parts per set, but I'm pretty confident that it has grown a lot comparred to the old sets.

The more complex your product is, the easiest the mistakes come. (I am writting my postgraduate thesis on products complexity industrial impacts X-D, but I'm pretty sure that copy paste the whole document is somehow unecessary :-D )

On top of the wrong bricks in Sail Barg and the Clone Turbo tank, I had 2 royal guards with black hands instead of red, as on the picture on the box, and I got 4 right wings instead of 2 left and 2 right, bummer! Called LEGO and they said that when they run out of one kind of bricks, they just replace it with another type!!!! If I was not satisfied with that I could get my money back? >:-(

Morten

On top of the wrong bricks in Sail Barg and the Clone Turbo tank, I had 2 royal guards with black hands instead of red, as on the picture on the box, and I got 4 right wings instead of 2 left and 2 right, bummer! Called LEGO and they said that when they run out of one kind of bricks, they just replace it with another type!!!! If I was not satisfied with that I could get my money back? >:-(

Morten

What what what :-X Does this mean no 8x8 modified plate with grill?! :-/ I don't believe this - I am so NEVER going to buy LEGO again. From now on I'm a MEGABLOCK man |-/

KimT

PS: They have cooler sets as well and quality is almost the same and the price is more fair >:-)

Actually the lady at LEGO direct was okay cool. She said that they would try to get me the bricks, but if they couldn

i dunno about the grill thing but i agree that the 144mm tubes are too short, and the shorter ones are too long :-/

just a conspiracy theory here, but maybe TLG read some of the reviews on EB that complained about not having enough studs on top to place minifigs and changed the set incognito.

Got my replacement bricks from LEGO today, no problem, so now I can get my Sail Barge to look like the picture on the box.

Morten

i was wondering if there's a difference in service between the danish on the one hand, and the rest of Europe. If i'm not mistaken, the Danish Lego Service isn't located in Slough, UK, but in Billund. i wonder if they can provide a better service because they're so close to the actual source...

how long is the tube for the boba launcher because that part was missing in mine |-/

Yeah, my 8x8 grills are missing, with 8x8 plates instead and an extra page for the instruction book to explain. I plan on Bricklink-ing them on Monday (payday)

I'm vaguely recall getting another set SW with this problem recently.

My tubes are too short when lay against the measure in the instruction book, but they are all long enough to do their jobs.

I just called LEGO and tolled them that they had to send me the real bricks, aften all it is a pretty expensive set. It is very bad that they just replace essential bricks like that.

Morten

I think it's this one.

yep. that's the one. i am building my barge at the moment and it seems that lego have swapped this part *n* . I am guessing because of production costs must be higher for that piece instead of a standard plate.