sidersdd

REVIEW: Shadow ARF Trooper

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Name: Shadow ARF Trooper

Theme: Star Wars

Year: 2011

Pieces: 5

Minifigs: 1

Price: (free as part of 'May the Force Be With You' promotion)

Description: Build a better intergalactic battle with the Shadow ARF Trooper™! Boost your Clone Wars battles with the ultra-rare LEGO® Star Wars™ Shadow ARF Trooper™! Straight from the Clone Wars battlefields, this Advance Recon Force trooper waits in the shadows to strike for the Republic.

Box/Polybag:

Normal polybag with cartoonish picture of Shadow ARF Trooper. New Clone Wars branding across the top. Parts of the bag are transparent so that you can see the minifig parts inside.

Polybag Front and Back

5685822660_3f04331d7a.jpg 5685822722_a1cd11ce5b.jpg

Polybag Contents

5685822756_97195514ca.jpg

Minifig

Welp, quick build. :) Just the one minifig. Here he is - nice and shadowy.

Shadow ARF Trooper Front, Back, and Side

5685782030_9ab346d735.jpg 5685865138_b0b4f7a946.jpg

5685296273_fdbdc768f2.jpg

The head is the typical fleshie Clone Trooper head.

Trooper Head

5685296297_dc8a793e5a.jpg

Parts

He comes with the usual short blaster to blast the baddies when doing recon. It would have been cool to get some other recon gear or something.

Trooper with Short Blaster

5685296343_26a433c846.jpg

The helmet has blue accents, and the silver visor.

Helmet Closeup

5685296451_a8bd15ae20.jpg 5685865478_0e537f2a25.jpg

Comparison with ARF Trooper, which comes in the 7913 battlepack.

Comparison with "non-shadow" ARF Trooper

5685865300_6827803b20.jpg 5685865344_49e9c01701.jpg

5685865426_e1dac335dd.jpg

My Ratings

I was going to use my rating system from before, but the categories don't exactly fit. Perhaps some Reviewers Academy training will do me some good.

I essentially give this guy a 40/50 rating. Nothing really new with the design - he's just a shadowy version of the ARF. But he's exclusive (and hopefully stays somewhat rare), and was free with my purchase today.

Oh another review, thanks for sharing this sidersdd! :thumbup: It's nice to see another take on this Shadow ARF Trooper, so the clone face is just the regular one, nothing really surprising about that. I'm gonna index this too shortly.

Unfortunately, I'll be missing out on this. I hope it's going to appear in some expensive set in the future, even if it is meant to be "exclusive".

Anyway, very nice. The torso could be useful for a "shadow" Clone Trooper, if a black helmet existed.

So it's just the torso & helmet that are new. Looks good :thumbup: , I'd get one - if I could find A$90 of Star Wars Lego that is already released on S@H. At our prices, that would be a magnet set :angry: . Not really worth it (even if I didn't exaggerate :laugh: ).

It looks like they eased up on the printing a bit.

So I'm curious - is the black ARF trooper actually canon? A 'stealth recon' of sorts?

Great review; excellent pics! This makes me look forward even more to the arrival of mine. Just have to decide whether to open it or display it with my other MISB 'figs.

So I'm curious - is the black ARF trooper actually canon? A 'stealth recon' of sorts?

AFAIK, No. A black stealth/shadow ARF has not appeared in any CW episode (yet?).

This will be another exclusive hard to get minifigure from the Star Wars collection. I wonder if it will ever be available from other distribution sources. I sure hope it will. :blush:

Nice introduction review for the Shadow ARF Trooper.

AFAIK, No. A black stealth/shadow ARF has not appeared in any CW episode (yet?).

KDM clearly you were not looking hard enough. These are the elite stealth ARF troopers. They hide in the shadows. I can see why you didnt see them. You need to turn up the gain and boost your levels of your monitor. Then you may catch a glimpse of the blue off their helmet haha j/k

But he's exclusive (and hopefully stays somewhat rare)

Why "hopefully?" Wouldn't it be nice if the figure were sufficiently readily available for everyone to be able to have as many as they want? I assume from your positive assessment that you don't mean "hopefully" in the sense of "hopefully, we won't be burdened with more of these wastes of plastic taking up space and bloating our sets' piece counts"...

KDM clearly you were not looking hard enough. These are the elite stealth ARF troopers. They hide in the shadows. I can see why you didnt see them. You need to turn up the gain and boost your levels of your monitor. Then you may catch a glimpse of the blue off their helmet haha j/k

:laugh:

Why "hopefully?" Wouldn't it be nice if the figure were sufficiently readily available for everyone to be able to have as many as they want? I assume from your positive assessment that you don't mean "hopefully" in the sense of "hopefully, we won't be burdened with more of these wastes of plastic taking up space and bloating our sets' piece counts"...

Well I'm sure anyone who plans to hold on to him for a few years and then resell hopes they stay rare.

Bad News. Sold out to orders from UK. Before 12 midday-BST.

Nice review just makes me furious that Lego Shop at Home messed up my order. :pir_mad:

"Shadow" will not be mine.

:laugh:

Well I'm sure anyone who plans to hold on to him for a few years and then resell hopes they stay rare.

Bingo. I meant "hopefully" from a collector standpoint.