Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Jedi vs Rancor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Modified the arms and leg joints for more poseability

and shown with the minifigs for scale.

The body is still too heavy to stand on its own.

5685357245_097d524931_z.jpg

As usual, click the pic if you want more details...

AC

Ha, I knew that was a teaser in the photography thread. Another great build AC, it's nice to see your Rancor again, and rock formations are very well done. :thumbup: Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these rock formations movie accurate? I don't seem to remember such in the RoTJ scene in Jabba's Palace.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these rock formations movie accurate? I don't seem to remember such in the RoTJ scene in Jabba's Palace.

About 8:00 on. A quick look at the source material reveals that the walls of the rancor's cell are, in fact, lined with rock formations, so to answer your question, yes. :wink: And in any case, ACPin has taken his fair share of creative liberty as far as accuracy goes, with results that are often stunning. :thumbup:

Ha, I knew that was a teaser in the photography thread.

Yay! We guessed correctly! :sweet:

I wasn't disappointed, either. Nice updates, ACPin.

About 8:00 on. A quick look at the source material reveals that the walls of the rancor's cell are, in fact, lined with rock formations, so to answer your question, yes. :wink:

Ah yes, it's probably because I'm too focused watching the battle between Luke and the Rancor that I fail to notice the details of the surroundings.

Ha, I knew that was a teaser in the photography thread. Another great build AC, it's nice to see your Rancor again, and rock formations are very well done. :thumbup: Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these rock formations movie accurate? I don't seem to remember such in the RoTJ scene in Jabba's Palace.

After getting done with the mods for the Rancor, just wanted to try out how much space was needed to create the cave from the movie scene. The base from a previous MOC which I've started to dismantle was used for proof-of-concept. If you look closely enough on the other pics, there's missing cheese slopes from the rock formation.

About 8:00 on. A quick look at the source material reveals that the walls of the rancor's cell are, in fact, lined with rock formations, so to answer your question, yes. :wink: And in any case, ACPin has taken his fair share of creative liberty as far as accuracy goes, with results that are often stunning. :thumbup:

Sorry to blow the bubble but this time I cheated! :laugh: In due time the appropriate background and more will be built... :grin:

Yay! We guessed correctly! :sweet:

I wasn't disappointed, either. Nice updates, ACPin.

You knew how to connect the dots... :classic:

Great detailing for such a dim scene I think. So all thats left now is the munching! :devil:

Just the start of something bigger!

Ah yes, it's probably because I'm too focused watching the battle between Luke and the Rancor that I fail to notice the details of the surroundings.

The rock formations will be different when the time comes for the final build.

AC

So...this is just another teaser pic?! Damn you! :tongue:

Click the pic for more pics. :wink:

So...this is just another teaser pic?! Damn you! :tongue:

No, it's not a teaser as it can stand on its own as an MOC and you wouldn't have known otherwise if I haven't responded that I'm planning for a bigger MOC. You can't call it a WIP either as the final build will not even resemble what you see here except for the rancor and the minifigs.

AC

Hello!

What's this?

A non-jejune Rancor from brickmaster Pin?

Riddle me this

For a noob MOCman's sake

Tell me, dear Pin

How long did it take?

What a great use of the new bone from the PotC sets. :grin:

Epicly good as usual. The Rancor looks so damn good.

I am still not 100% sure on the use of the word greebling, but to me the floor looks greebled, and awesome.

Hello!

What's this?

A non-jejune Rancor from brickmaster Pin?

Riddle me this

For a noob MOCman's sake

Tell me, dear Pin

How long did it take?

Welcome to the EB SW forums, if you're asking about the rancor then it was more than two weeks in late December. The rework took just a couple of days and the scene plus the shoot was a weekender.

What a great use of the new bone from the PotC sets. :grin:

Epicly good as usual. The Rancor looks so damn good.

I am still not 100% sure on the use of the word greebling, but to me the floor looks greebled, and awesome.

The bone actually came from the Ninjago sets.

AC

I'm surprised no one's already mentioned this, but I love the use of old dark grey and dark bley for the rock walls- usually the 2 don't go too well together but you've managed to pull it off, great job :thumbup:

I'm surprised no one's already mentioned this, but I love the use of old dark grey and dark bley for the rock walls- usually the 2 don't go too well together but you've managed to pull it off, great job :thumbup:

I've used to separate the two colors before but once I've used them together in an old moc, there was no turning back.

AC

'ACPin' you're done it again, nice Rancor ! :laugh:

Keep them comming, dude.....it's AWESOME to see what SW magic you create in brick.

May the brick be with you always ! :grin:

Wow! Not only is the Rancor fantastic, but the surroundings are also great. I just love the design of the Rancor! Well done, and thanks for sharing!