149 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Psssssssst!

I've heard rumour that MVR and the king's carriage sets are "going bye-bye" at the end of the year.

Don't know if it's true, 100% fact but, I figured I'd pass along the word, in case any folks are still 'on the fence' about picking up this great set.

Psssssssst!

I've heard rumour that MVR and the king's carriage sets are "going bye-bye" at the end of the year.

Don't know if it's true, 100% fact but, I figured I'd pass along the word, in case any folks are still 'on the fence' about picking up this great set.

I really hope this isn't true. It would be very surprising if it was since the MVR and Kingdoms carriage have only been out for six months. Furthermore with the Kingdoms Joust set coming out in January it wouldn't make much sense to retire the current line, at least not yet.

Psssssssst!

It seems too quick to be true. But it is actually possible that the MVR has not been popular at all with kids. I guess a KFOL would be much more interested in a castle or tower than a civilian structure. And the set is pretty expensive... it's over 80e here (maybe because I cannot find it elsewhere than in TRU). It's definitely been popular with AFOL, but after the initial hype not even us bought it...

Edited by Legoist

It seems too quick to be true. But it is actually possible that the MVR has not been popular at all with kids. I guess a KFOL would be much more interested in a castle or tower than a civilian structure. And the set is pretty expensive... it's over 80e here (maybe because I cannot find it elsewhere than in TRU). It's definitely been popular with AFOL, but after the initial hype not even us bought it...

80 euros?! you couldn´t use the swedish webstores? Like http://bokextra.se/lekochlar.php?hkat=122 where it´s sold for about 50 euros.. or http://www.hiko.se/Leksaker/Varum%C3%A4rke/Lego/Kingdoms

I boought two copies of the mvr, it´s just great!

I boought two copies of the mvr, it´s just great!

I'm thinking of scoring a second one, too.

Three Dragons, a peasant family, goats, pigs & chickens, as well as lots of useful parts.

Not a bad buy, IMO.

Maybe my girls are unusual, but they both LOVE the MVR because it's got goats and chickens, and basket winches and working windmill and, best of all, a minifig kid and enough other characters to actually roleplay. This is unlike other Kingdoms sets and Castle sets in general, which usually feature armies of nondescript knights in identical armor. They are constantly fighting over who gets to play with the goats.

You may be right about the pricing, though. I think for that price, a lot of parents would sooner buy their kids a castle or a massive truck, which appear to have more oomph. I can picture a lot of dads looking at the shelves and thinking, hmm, buy the sprog a big honkin' armored vehicle with a spaceship and an alien dissection lab... or... A BARN??

But it is actually possible that the MVR has not been popular at all with kids.

One thing I've noticed is that MVR is certainly not popular with the retailers (Finnish ones at least). A lot of the shops I use to visit have never even had MVR on their shelves. Very few shops have all the four sets from the latest wave, but quite a few have all except it. Apparently retailers assume that medieval civilian life isn't marketable enough, and rather stock the shelves with King's Castle or reserve the space for Ninjago. I can understand this decision very well with small shops that have limited shelf space and must concentrate on the sure bestsellers, but it's sad when it also happens with big hypermarkets that have several metres of Lego shelves.

One thing I've noticed is that MVR is certainly not popular with the retailers (Finnish ones at least). A lot of the shops I use to visit have never even had MVR on their shelves. Very few shops have all the four sets from the latest wave, but quite a few have all except it. Apparently retailers assume that medieval civilian life isn't marketable enough, and rather stock the shelves with King's Castle or reserve the space for Ninjago. I can understand this decision very well with small shops that have limited shelf space and must concentrate on the sure bestsellers, but it's sad when it also happens with big hypermarkets that have several metres of Lego shelves.

That's a good alternative explanation. I've seen the MVR only in one TRU shop over here, and nowhere else. In fact for a while I was convinced that it was an exclusive because I couldn't see it anywhere...

I hope it don't go away too soon, right now I don't have the money but i hope to find em in the next few months (and I have to buy this set and the joust!).

I just got really lucky and stumbled on this set in a Barnes &Noble bookstore in Georgia at list $69 us

I love it. It is the perfect compliment for the MMV. (the Harry Potter Hagrids Hut seems to blend well with it as well). Just an outstanding set.

PS while probably a year late, the round white pieces are bags of milled flour. You put them in the hopper near the millstone and can tip them out. Not a particularly exciting feature, but different. :blush:

great review! Helped to decide whether to buy this or not... IMO a good set but expensive... I try to score a used one in ebay...

great review! Helped to decide whether to buy this or not... IMO a good set but expensive... I try to score a used one in ebay...

You can still find a new one on Barnes and Noble website! Enter T4T8J4A to save 15% right now. :wink:

I got this set for my birthday from my girlfriend.

When I had torn the wrapping paper I had the same feeling as when I was a little child.

I'm an AFOL now, but STILL have the same feeling when you get a new set with this huge amount of playability.

I hope my children ( once I have children) will have the same feeling when I'm buying sets for their birthday :tongue:

Greetz

Bjornu

Edited by Bjornu

You can still find a new one on Barnes and Noble website! Enter T4T8J4A to save 15% right now. :wink:

Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I am located in Germany, so I cannot use this... :sad:

Though I really apreciate your help! :classic:

Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I am located in Germany, so I cannot use this... :sad:

Though I really apreciate your help! :classic:

Try the bigger supermarkets. Some of them are making room for the new sets right now. I was also put off by the high price point and never bought it. Three weeks ago I found the set in a store called "Marktkauf" for €40. It's worth the search.

Try the bigger supermarkets. Some of them are making room for the new sets right now. I was also put off by the high price point and never bought it. Three weeks ago I found the set in a store called "Marktkauf" for €40. It's worth the search.

thanks for the info! :classic:

I am new here in Germany and I dont know quite well how the market is... but I am going to search for big supermarkets and make a search..

40euros is a good price for this set!

Monday I will go to Marktkauf! :classic:

I have had this sitting on the dhelf for a while and decided to put it together today. I really enjoyed this build. It's one that was very satisfying. Lots of playability. My 5 year old loves it as much as I do.

LMW

Excellent review, 'Donut'! :sweet:

This set is phenomenal. The pieces are great, the mix of colors is great, and the figures are great. I'm really bummed that I missed out on picking this set up. This is one of the best Kingdoms sets. :thumbup:

Now I can't get any goats or chickens! :cry_sad:

Edited by just2good

Just wanted to let everyone know, this wonderful set is still showing up on TRU shelves around here. It really is an amazing set and will go great with the LOTR lineup with minor mods here and there. And who knows when we'll see another set with goats in it. So, highly recommended to keep an eye open in the "unsorted" Lego section if you're in TRU, and grab it if you see it.