[Review] 7189-1 Mill Village Raid

149 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Excellent set - i am so buying the hell out of this when i get the chance. :sweet: Thanks for the review donut!

....oh and that phrase you were looking for is 'weather vein' ! :wink:

Weather vane, not vein. :wink:

Thank you for this review!

And "rooster compass" is called weathercock :)

It's called "windcock" in hungarian by the way.

Thanks for the vocab lesson!

can you post some more photographs of the chickens? I love those things, but cant get a handle on how they small they are

Sure I can do that! I'll take a couple more photos later in the day.

Did anyone notice the return of the Pitch Fork since it has not been manufactured since the 90's? I am happy to see it make a comeback!

The pitch forks also make their return in one of the Alien Conquest sets. :thumbup:

Great review! I love the weather vein function.

The animals are the only thing I am getting this for, but the windmill is really nice and classic.

Keep on spinning! :laugh:

$70 is a bit expensive for this set. But it includes at least two new molds. Plus new printing on the horse and pig. And those are probably expensive to make. I'll definitely have to snag this set soon.

Steve

Thanks for the great review! The photos are beautiful and so clear. Could you possibly take more of the figures (like if they have back printing or dual-sided heads or something) and the animals please? Thanks in advance.

The set looks excellent. I like how it's not Lion Knight related in any way, and that it's more focused on civilians. There's a lot of nice new or recoloured parts, and no DSS! The figures look lovely from what I can see, and the new chickens and goats are fantastic. The buildings look great from the outside, but I think that the barn is too empty inside.

Thanks again, Donut!

Ah dang.

$70 is 70€, so this will be a really not so easy pass for me. I was SO looking forward to buying this set if it were a decent price point. But as much as I like it, I´d rather shell out 30 bucks more and get me a second Medieval Market Village.

See, for twice the money I get the new Pet Shop that has more than three times the bricks of this set.

5685187942_6782a88010_z.jpg

Is that a sunflower at the right side of the barn?

Thanks for the great review! :thumbup:

Breathtaking pictures, I have to say! :thumbup:

Although pricey, this set is a must-have!

It seems like a really good set, kids (including girls) will probaly love this set for it's playablity and role-playing purposes. If I hadn't the City farm I would defenatly buy this one. Also you pic quality is over the top :thumbup:

Hey, thanks for the review! I was just wondering, could we get some more detailed pics of the figs and the animals?

Ooh, nice. Great photos too, they look official. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

People do seem to love windmills. I don't collect Castle, but this set looks like a really nice dose of originality in a theme that seems to be running out of ideas. The minifigs are excellent and I really love the way the buildings are designed. It reminds me of the farmland I visited when I was younger and lived out in the country. :sweet:

Great review, I doubt I'll have the spare cash for this set but it's one I definitely wish I could pick up. :thumbup:

Great set. Oh, yes, that "spinning rooster compass" is probably a weather vane.

Edited by efullner

Weird. I just checked LEGO.com and it wasn't there, just the first wave and the keychains..

This set looks like a fantastic source of parts and figures. Even with a price of $90 (CDN) I'm still looking forward to snagging a couple of copies for my collection. The figures and accessories are amazing. Kudos to LEGO for taking a risk and introducing some real variety to the castle theme.

over all its a cool set a little to domestic for my taste though and frankly i don't like the chickens i see them as a sine that lego is becoming less like lego

Edited by sinjid

over all its a cool set a little to domestic for my taste though and frankly i don't like the chickens i see them as a sine that lego is becoming less like lego

I know, right? Same with the LEGO parrots. Or horses. Or minifigures. Or tiles. Come to think of it, LEGO hasn't been true LEGO since they stopped making everything out of basic bricks.[/sarcasm]

Really, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the chickens, and no reason they're any less like LEGO than any other LEGO animals. After all, when you think about it, it's simply illogical that the most specialized LEGO animals should be larger ones like horses and cows, when those would also be the easiest to replicate from existing parts. These new chickens may be more specialized than brick-built ones, but they simply look more appropriate among LEGO animals and minifigures. Plus, they're smaller than the brick-built ones and easier to fit in a chicken coop.