Front View

5684654575_ceaa7013c8_z.jpg

Back View

5684654555_f8a4547336_z.jpg

Contents in the box: 7 bags + 2 green plates

5685187976_951ef5fb7f_z.jpg

2 Instruction booklets, both of which were bent. :hmpf_bad:

5685187946_382e842b44_z.jpg

The mini figures and most importantly, the new animals.

5685187942_6782a88010_z.jpg

Rotate the windmill through the crank located in the back. The fruit basket can be brought down by spinning the "rooster compass" (what's the official name for that?)located on the top of the mill.

5685187926_573685017e_z.jpg

The mill opens up. Very reminiscent of the Majisto's Magic Workshop set.

5685187940_5296a05c8a_z.jpg

Back of both buildings.

Verdict

Playability: 9/10 ((3 "bad guys" + 3 villages + animals) on farm = awesome :thumbup:)

Design: 9/10 (Nice set, complements MMV very well)

Price: 6/10 (Fair pricing .)

Overall: 8/10 (A set not just for Castle fans)

And with that I'll leave you with my version of a raid. 5685187914_5377b6719e_z.jpg

Acknowledgments: I would like to thank my friend Nannan Zhang, who generously donated his time and camera editing skills into making this review.

Thanks for reading!

Thank you 'Donut' for this first review even short as it is.....oh and that phrase you were looking for is 'weather vein' ! :wink:

I must say this set is worth it - play features - fantastic - minifigs and animals - AWESOME !

The animal prints are just the bomb ! :grin:

The mill's mechanics are spot on (I watch Time Team and I'm a little bit of a history nut) ! :grin:

Oh, this one is on the buy list and I don't care what the wife says ! :laugh:

K.O.B. everyone ! :laugh:

Thanks for the review. I want this set even more. I'm really getting jealous that the kingdom sets are popping up everywhere - except where I am :cry_sad:

Wow, what a highly-excellent review Donut of an equally impressive set, the pictures are simply amazing! Thank you for sharing this with us. :thumbup: I'm really lovin' the new pieces this set has to offer - from the pitchforks, goat, chicken and rooster to the printed pig and horse - all of these are lovely! :wub:

!!! Until I saw the pic for the pet shop modular, this set is on the top of my list. I love this set and can't wait to get it to add with the MMV. So many new parts! I believe all the civilians in the set are new. And the return of pitchfork...new animals! What's not to like about this set.

I've been waiting for a review, thanks! This set looks very nice. Not quite as good as Medieval Market Village, but definitely a set I'll be picking up (although I might wait for a sale). The animals are must have for me, my kids can use them with their City farm or this set in the Kingdom layout. The civilian minifigs are also very nice.

can you post some more photographs of the chickens? I love those things, but cant get a handle on how they small they are

Thanks for the review.

It's a very good set. Overall it looks more like a 50e set rather than 70e, but the price per piece is fine. I just don't understand how does it include almost 700 pieces tho...

Thanks for the review! I will surely buy this one as soon as it comes out! It's just a truly amazing set!

I have to admit that we've already seen so many pictures and even closeups of this set beforehand that this doesn't hype me up anymore. But it has been on the top of my "must-buy-on-first-sight" list (which is very short, because of my financial status) ever since we knew the name only, so I'm not sure if I could be more hyped.

Nevertheless, thanks to Donut for reviewing the set. :thumbup: I'm so jealous.

Thank you for this review!

And "rooster compass" is called weathercock :)

Thank you for this review!

And "rooster compass" is called weathercock :)

Another new word for my vocabulary, thanks :) It's called "windcock" in hungarian by the way.

And thanks for the review Donut! I hope there will be more and more sets with peasants.

Great review, excellent picture to a great set hope its available in Germany as well soon!

Thanks for the great review! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Saw this at a Lego Australia sneak peak viewing a few weeks ago, you didn't mention the new buckets!! They are very nice. I think there is a different coloured one in one of the POTC sets too.

Dr Rod

This lovely set makes me wanna get my Lego out and rebuild all my castles. (I've got a bunch of 1980's castle sets).

Sometimes I wished I was born just a couple of decades later because the Lego-sets just keep getting better and I am not in a

position to keep buying them. (Sometimes I sneak one in the last one being the logcabin).

I really love this Windmill set. It looks just great and I am very tempted to get this one.

Edited by dartmar

OMG OMG OMG! Lego goats and chickens! And a grey dappled horse! And all this talk about cocks and vanes! It's official, I'm excited! Oh, and ah, thanks for the review Donut. Much appreciated.

Terrific review, this set is a certain must buy and did anyone notice the return of the Pitch Fork since it has not been manufactured since the 90's? I am happy to see it make a comeback!

What a good looking set! Those animals are so very amazing. :wub: A great looking set for a reasnoable price.

Wow, great review! The set's price is a bit steep, but it is doable because of all of the great pieces.