Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

Jack Sparrow promotional figure

Yesterday I got my PotC sets and this one was the first to be opened... I love Jack Sparrow... in every box I open

Me too all I know Is I cant wait to see in the new movie if Captain Jack gets slap again by another Lady.

Thanks for the review! I hope this set is re-released in a non-promotion fashion.

Me too all I know Is I cant wait to see in the new movie if Captain Jack gets slap again by another Lady.

He probably deserved it! :pir_laugh2:

... So I missed the preorder window for the videogame, and went to Toys 'R' Us later to see if I could still get the figure somehow, perhaps by just purchasing the game, assuming they still had any copies of the minifigure left. It turns out they did - my local TRU didn't get any preorders for the game (!), and they were left not knowing what to do with all these minifigures, and told me at the time they'd probably just continue to offer them free with purchases of the game, though they weren't really sure what they were going to do. They did scan them to see if a reasonable price would come up, and if so they might just sell them, but they came up at a "placeholder" price of $0.01.

I was back again today, and this time I noticed that along with all the new sets they'd just gotten and put out (Alien Conquest, Cars, City marina / harbor, City spaceport, etc. :pir-wub: ), they'd put out five of these in the racks containing other polybags (Toy Story Pizza Planet alien ships, Star Wars mini Republic Attack Shuttles, leftover Creator Christmas trees, etc.). I scanned one and it still came up for a penny. I asked about it along with some other pricing aberrations and they said I could just buy it at that price. Woohoo! My girlfriend and I picked up all five they had out (two for her, three for me). Yeah, I feel I lucked out.

As noted already in the review, the figure is quite nice, particularly for a promotional item.

I must add, while I think I understand the reasoning, I do still find it amusing that the packaging lists five different countries of origin for the components of a four-piece set.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I must add, while I think I understand the reasoning, I do still find it amusing that the packaging lists five different countries of origin for the components of a four-piece set.

You're forgetting the bag and the instructions. :pir_laugh2:

Oh and one cent for a minifigure? Uh, I'll take 2000 of them, please! Ebay here I come! But seriously I'm hoping I also can buy the voodoo minifigure at retail for a reasonable price. Maybe I should swing by TRU tonight and see if they have any like yours did.

My local TRU didn't get any preorders for the game (!), and they were left not knowing what to do with all these minifigures, and told me at the time they'd probably just continue to offer them free with purchases of the game, though they weren't really sure what they were going to do. They did scan them to see if a reasonable price would come up, and if so they might just sell them, but they came up at a "placeholder" price of $0.01.

I went to mt Toys R Us store and asked about this fig. He was all out but he said the promotion runs through May 24th and it is already up at Toys R Us.com to order as a regular set for $2.99. You can't order it now, but it's listed in the stores system as in stock. He said he is fairly certain once the promo is over you'll be able to order it online or from the store itself. He said this almost always happens with promo bags, and from my experience he's right. So I'd expect these to become available pretty soon.

I went to mt Toys R Us store and asked about this fig. He was all out but he said the promotion runs through May 24th and it is already up at Toys R Us.com to order as a regular set for $2.99. You can't order it now, but it's listed in the stores system as in stock. He said he is fairly certain once the promo is over you'll be able to order it online or from the store itself. He said this almost always happens with promo bags, and from my experience he's right. So I'd expect these to become available pretty soon.

It's good to hear it'll be more generally available, and for a decent price. That said, I'm glad I was able to get three of them for practically nothing. They should be more than enough for me... though if I can actually get any more for the same price I might not be able to restrain myself!

Has anyone recived one of the "Voodoo" Jacks in the recent Sun/Mirror/News of the world?

I wondered if any smiths stores got sent the Voodoo Jacks rather than the Jack in a boat?

Is this a hard to find minifigure?

Has anyone recived one of the "Voodoo" Jacks in the recent Sun/Mirror/News of the world?

I wondered if any smiths stores got sent the Voodoo Jacks rather than the Jack in a boat?

Is this a hard to find minifigure?

No, I don't think so, these are bar coded bags, a mix up like that would be noticed and the voodoo fig likely wouldn't show up in their system.

It's a rare fig at the moment but it should be going mainstream soon.

... So I missed the preorder window for the videogame, and went to Toys 'R' Us later to see if I could still get the figure somehow, perhaps by just purchasing the game, assuming they still had any copies of the minifigure left. It turns out they did - my local TRU didn't get any preorders for the game (!), and they were left not knowing what to do with all these minifigures, and told me at the time they'd probably just continue to offer them free with purchases of the game, though they weren't really sure what they were going to do. They did scan them to see if a reasonable price would come up, and if so they might just sell them, but they came up at a "placeholder" price of $0.01.

I was back again today, and this time I noticed that along with all the new sets they'd just gotten and put out (Alien Conquest, Cars, City marina / harbor, City spaceport, etc. :pir-wub: ), they'd put out five of these in the racks containing other polybags (Toy Story Pizza Planet alien ships, Star Wars mini Republic Attack Shuttles, leftover Creator Christmas trees, etc.). I scanned one and it still came up for a penny. I asked about it along with some other pricing aberrations and they said I could just buy it at that price. Woohoo! My girlfriend and I picked up all five they had out (two for her, three for me). Yeah, I feel I lucked out.

As noted already in the review, the figure is quite nice, particularly for a promotional item.

Yes, I had this happen to me today as well. I came on here to see what this mini figure was all about, and I come to realize it really wasn't meant to be for sale right now. $.01 mini figure FTW! :pir-sweet:

Edited by sharky

I'm of two minds on this one..1) I think it's a bad move saying a Minifig is "exclusive" ( that's how it is advertised ) to the game pre orders then releasing it a few weeks/months later as a poly bag.... I feel lied to about its exclusiveness!

2) I think it's great that non gaming FOLs can get their hands on this cool fig but it should have been advertised as a "promotional" fig not "exclusive".

My two cents.

I got three of these this past friday at TRU for three cents. I went back the next day and they didn't have any left. I'm so glad I got my hands on these.