Final Exit

Review: 7066 Earth Defence HQ

This set is just awesome! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the review! :thumbup:

More than anything, I think this set brings everything -- and I do mean EVERYTHING -- that Lego Space/Sci-Fi is about! Kudos to TLG :thumbup:

Great set! I really like the saucer and the new minifigures!

Thanks for the review! :sweet:

I realy like this set and the figs are cool :classic: :classic: But the bad thing is that these sets wount come to Estonia :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad: and I hope they are still in stock when I get to legoland :laugh:

Certainly a future hit amongst AFOL for the figs and nostalgia feel from Classic Space... and a hit amongst kids for the play features and the badass look!

i must say that pics you've made are astonishing and authentic, cause whole set is compared with... well... window in this case and with natural lights.... :thumbup:

and for the set... i love it really really as much as whole new theme, unlike space police that made me puke myself.

GREAT REVIEW

This is the Alien Conquest set I would really like to get! The truck has so many cool features and I like all the new minifigs, especially the sandy blonde haired scientist, Alien Pet and the other alien commander minfigures. This set looks amazing and I can't wait to get it! :thumbup:

Edited by Aether Fox

Man! thanks for the great review. I had no interest in this theme until I read your review. Too bad my toy budget is shot after picking up the Pirates of the caribbean and new castle sets. I'm going to have to wait a while before I pick this one up.

Oh my god this is awesome!

Thank you for the review!

Really like how the Alien Commander's head is constructed :classic:

Considering getting this for sure :classic:

Thank you for this review.

I am extremely excited about this new line and it have been more than just a few years since I actually enjoyed some good old LEGO Space Themes. I played with the Space Police III recently but it didn't suit to my taste. Whereas the new Alien Conquest theme is relevant to the City theme and so in a large extent, it influences me to like it even more. :sweet:

This set is remarkably amazing and it reminds me of the Agents Mobile Command Centre vehicle. Everything about this set right from the scale and beauty of the vehicle, jet, lab, etc, simply fits in very nicely with one another. I am looking forward to pick this up to add this into my collection. :wub:

There's something deliciously retro about the parts being used in this set. In fact the entire set brings back memories from the 80s space sets.

Wow! Thank you so much for this review. I saw it yesterday afternoon and it really did give me proof-positive that this, to me, is one of the most exciting themes to date. I thought the review really featured a lot of the things I had questions about, especially the interior shots of the HQ and cockpit. I had no idea from the promo pics that this thing had such a level of detail as well as sheer playable fun. I had to share your review on my blog. Great stuff!!!

I recently got the Alien Defender, Tripod Invader, and Jet-Copter encounter, but this set wasn't yet available. I feel like a kid again...not an easy thing for a 34-year-old. Ha. Cheers.

Oh, and as SoulGem pointed out, I'm LOVING the retro blueness of this theme!!!

Edited by ka.lego

My extra trip due to the fruit based computer company let me return to the TRU today, still had plenty of the sets in, so I picked up 7052 UFO Abduction and a 7915 V-wing, well it is May the Fourth :laugh:

I'll do a review of 7052 once I've built it :classic:

5687352898_db55230a45_b.jpg

Great review and so very excited for this set. Have to wait till middle of the month before I can pick it up, but I dare say I may get more then 1 of these.

Picked up the 3 smaller sets and thus far, absolutely love this new line. It's a bit sticker heavy to really achieve the awesome look overall, but the stickers apply well and it's a minor snag for the awesome that is Alien Conquest. The Aliens are definitely awesome but I think the ADU troopers and their new pistols are probably my new fave minifig :D

Is there any current set that has a laptop other than this? I'd hate to put the Pet Shop or MMV on hold to get this for that laptop...

Is there any current set that has a laptop other than this? I'd hate to put the Pet Shop or MMV on hold to get this for that laptop...

9348 Community Minifigures has it. The set's price-per-piece is dreadful, but that's to be expected of any set that's pretty much all minifigures. And there's a lot of useful City pieces in that set. I've never seen it in stores, but it's available on LEGOshop.com.

I am surprised with this review, because it seems that one of the most important details has been completely overlooked.

Next time you're in your favorite LEGO retailer and see this set, take a close look at the decal for the ship that docks with the vehicle. You can see it clearly on the box. This picture doesn't zoom in far enough to see the detail, so you're just going to have to trust me until a better pic comes along:

5680773253_d4ce0fa0a3_t.jpg

You can see the large '71' there on both sides, but next to it, there is a small icon of a snake's head. Underneath the snake is a collection of letters which probably won't make sense to most who buy this set:

"NNENN"

The snake is a viper, and this ship is the designer's contribution to the popular "Vic Viper" building style popularized by the great, and late, Nate "Nnenn" Nielson. This is a fantastic tribute to a builder who inspired thousands around the globe.

-PQ

I'm guessing, but don't know for sure, that '71' refers to the year Nate was born. Is there anyone that can confirm this?

One of the reasons to overlook it in the review is that we have known about this tribute since the toy fair pics appeared.

It is cool nonetheless. I'll be honest that I ended my dark ages after Nnenn left us, so I couldn't see much of his work, but it is nice that this happened.

I am surprised with this review, because it seems that one of the most important details has been completely overlooked.

You can see the large '71' there on both sides, but next to it, there is a small icon of a snake's head. Underneath the snake is a collection of letters which probably won't make sense to most who buy this set:

"NNENN"

The snake is a viper, and this ship is the designer's contribution to the popular "Vic Viper" building style popularized by the great, and late, Nate "Nnenn" Nielson. This is a fantastic tribute to a builder who inspired thousands around the globe.

-PQ

I'm guessing, but don't know for sure, that '71' refers to the year Nate was born. Is there anyone that can confirm this?

Wow, thats a great tribute. I knew the ship was something of a tribute (from way back in Toyfair) but didn't know it got so explicit in the stickers that made it to the final product.

Thanks for pointing that out.

-Tohst

Next time you're in your favorite LEGO retailer and see this set, take a close look at the decal for the ship that docks with the vehicle. You can see it clearly on the box. This picture doesn't zoom in far enough to see the detail, so you're just going to have to trust me until a better pic comes along:

5680773253_d4ce0fa0a3_t.jpg

"NNENN"

-PQ

Sorry to have caused such offence, I still have no idea who he is.

5690750552_77e2ac9571_b.jpg

Sorry to have caused such offence, I still have no idea who he is.

No offence, just surprise that no one in this thread brought it up. You're certainly not at fault. ;)

Thanks for the pic, that makes it very clear!

Check the Brothers Brick article I linked to (on his name in my post) to find out who he is and what he's done for the community.

Also, here's a direct link to his flickr page.

Edited by Pepa Quin

That's a super cool tribute... even if it is only a sticker...

Steve

Thanks a whole bunch for this review, Final Exit! Oh, and nice crisp pictures btw.

Here we have it, la piece de resistance for this theme, and it sure is a stunner. My calls have been answered: TLC has not only created a theme which is hugely appealing in concept, but the piece choice and construction of the sets is also very much to my liking.

On one hand I want to write a massive, elaborate reply to this review and discuss everything I like about the set. However, it seems as though I can keep things simple - I honestly love every aspect of this set (save for the stickers, but I won't go there this time). 'Nuff said for now. Until I get a copy of my own that is, then I imagine I'll want to spread the joy and ramble on in detail regarding everything I love about this set. :tongue: