Final Exit

Review: 7066 Earth Defence HQ

5681262521_257680535c_z.jpg

That is too damn cool, I never would have suspected. now I can make a whole colony of people with obscenely bulgy brains. :laugh:

and I too am happy about the li'l syringies.

oh and the blue camo stickers are cool. and the glorious mustache.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I'd already decided on getting this set + all the other Alien Conquest sets at some time, due to space (no pun intended) limitations I was going to wait but now... we'll just have to have ADU vehicles all over the kitchen bench.

I love the 3 part head, that is awesome.

What a great set. It just looks like so much fun. I think that this is one of those rare sets in which the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. The separate vehicles in themselves are nothing particularly special (apart from the fighter :wub:) but together they create a great set. The details are nice, especially the little medical carrier ( :wub: again) and the minifigure selection is good.

I love this set. Thanks for an awesome review. And thanks to Lego for yet another brilliant set. :thumbup:

Oh, that head is in three parts? I thought it was one whole piece. That's amazing, I'll try to pick up the Mothership for a cheaper version of the head if Star Wars allows me to. :classic:

A few nice things here, like those syringes and torsos. I didn't notice there were different ADU torsos beforehand.

Excellent review thanks for posting it, though now I really want to pick this set up as well so I'll be blaming you when I've got no cash. While I'm not a huge fan of big wheel trucks I do quite like this one and the selection of bits and bobs that go with it makes it all the more tempting. The figs are great but is anyone else getting the Rush from SGU vibe from the scientist?

Great set!

Looks much better as one vehicle than cab+trailer combo

Love the removable alien brain, oh Lego you mischievous bunch!

I wouldn't describe the wave itself as awesome - but this set certainly is. Wave 2 should see the good stuff.

Great side opening doors.

Towing segment of equal proportion is good too.

The blue color theme is acceptable.

Fantastic use of arch pieces as mudguard for individual wheels.

Edited by green dewback

thanks for the great review. The set looks awesome really and this one is a must. Looks great!!

Thanks Final Exit, the review is great. I was thinking that Alien Conquest theme will be disappointing just like SP3, but now i see i was wrong.

Also if it is not hard, could you please post some close-up photos of the connector that connects front and rear parts of the truck. I am interesting how they have done it.

Great review thank you.

Cool mini-figures in this set, the scientist looks a little like the professor in Independence Day :wink:

Edited by Dane

Yeah the torsos were mixed up, I would't care but I made sure they were right when I was building so what happened there! :laugh:

Fixed (I think)

5683375884_9054369bec_b.jpg

Edited by Final Exit

Great review and I have to say it's a really good looking model. Not sure if this has been said/asked or not but there seems to be a lot of stickers to this set, any chance of a picture of all the stickered pieces together and another of any printed pieces please.

Here is the joining part between the two sections, the ball joint is on a sliding beam that snaps into position with the red clips when fully closed or extended.

5683291414_5e17dcbd23_z.jpg

5683291712_24f5036560_z.jpg

Here are a a few pics showing the stickers, the only printed pieces are the figures, computer screens and the control panel in the jet and HQ (both the same) seen in the pictures.

5683334450_73ab94e869_b.jpg

5682768037_e54413d61a_b.jpg

5682767707_189ef6e8c0_b.jpg

Hey there, 1985. Saw you draped around the young'uns when I was downtown the other day, but didn't realise you'd be popping up here too.

Great review Final Exit. Thanks.

Yeah the torsos were mixed up, I would't care but I made sure they were right when I was building so what happened there! :laugh:

Fixed (I think)

5683375884_9054369bec_b.jpg

Thumbs up !!!

Thank you for great review.

Until now I thought it's bad set, but now I like it, and I want it.

But it's way out of my price range, especially with Geonosian Starfighter and Dathomir Speeder coming later this year. :sceptic:

Edited by Stardusty

I thought that while this set would be awesome, it just wasn't worth the money. Sure, there was the new figs, the ADU and alien fighters that were designed so good they made me cry, the face-raper pet thing, the laptop and new scanner slope and the other cute bits.

But when I saw that syringe, that's when I made my decision.

Thank you, Final Exit, for convincing me to buy this great set.

A really good looking set! I'm very happy that the Alien Commanders head came in this set becasue I really don't like the Mothership. Can't wait to get this myself.

Edited by Masked Builder

Wow this set is all sorts of awesome. It is definitely a must buy. There are so many cool play features. I love the little details. The fang as a tentacle is rather clever for the alien. I love the alien helmet so it looks like a body snatcher moment haha

Ooh, cool! Great to get a closer look at this set, thanks for the awesome review final exit! I've been hanging out to see if this set was going to be as amazing as i first thought, and yep, it certainly looks that way. :thumbup: Great minifigs, great parts, fantastic design, only drawback is that it's going to eat a hole in my wallet...

Oh and yay blue! Taking me back to the old classic space, which i also appreciate. :classic:

First of all; this is an incredible review Final Exit! :wub: Your photography is beautiful and you have shown every single nook and cranny of the set, not to mention the glorious HD pictures! Thank you and I hope you keep reviewing sets from now on. :thumbup:

About the set; I think it's a brilliant build and even if AFOL's don't buy the color scheme or the alien invasion idea I'm pretty certain that if I was 10 once again I would be hyper with excitement over a set like this!

What can we say; the alien commander's head is a nice surprise; I was not aware it was 3 pieces, which may make it useful down the road, as that green cranium is a very alien looking piece and with a stud slot on the bottom did I just hear someone say; alien tree? :laugh:

The minifigures are especially good; finally an older guy's face that isn't miserable or giddy with excitement. :wub: Now all we need is an older woman and the atomic family can be built! (Not to mention that mustache is killer!)

Overall a great set and I'll be sure to at least bricklink the minifigures!

Having to make another trip back up to the apple store tomorrow, 7052 UFO Abduction will be mine :sweet: I'd complain about the fuel costs running backwardS and forwards but it's the Lego costs that are killing me :laugh:

Wow, this set is so coooool. I must get one. Thanks for the great review.