Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

AT-X-Wing (Luke's Skyhopper)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is my entry for FBTB's Hybridfighter contest! The story goes that Luke crashes yet another X-wing during a battle with a small band of AT-AT's on the planet Arellous V. He must rebuild a new fighter using the remnants of his X-wing and various pieces from a downed walker. In order to escape the heavy gravity of Arellous V, Luke must attach foldable legs in order to allow the ship to "hop" into orbit.

x-wing1.jpg

Here's a view of the legs folded out:

x-wing2.jpg

Top view:

x-wing3.jpg

I figured, since this was a mash-up of vehicles, I should mash up Luke's pilot outfit with that of an AT-AT pilot's and rebuild a damaged R2 with various Imperial droid parts.

x-wing4.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Excellent mash-up of the X-Wing and the AT-AT Mood! Instantly recognizable hybrid, and even the custom figs are very well done. Great job and best of luck in this contest! :thumbup:

Totally AWESOME 'Mood', I just love it :wub: and it looks quite believable in the Star Wars world. :grin:

Good luck to in the contest, this one would impress the judges for sure and to tell you the truth as good as anything from 'Rook'. :wink:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

Everything about this looks really good, except the legs... They just look small and silly to me. If you can imagine the AT-AP's 3rd leg and how it folds up, that would look better in my opinion.

Great job with this, Mood! The two sections of the vehicles look perfect together; I'm loving the look of the X-wing half. The legs are a nice touch as well.

Hello!

That's a very uncommon and unexpected combination! Nonetheless it looks great and the two sections merge smoothly into each other! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is awesome, the X-Wing and the AT-AT. You're getting my vote on FBTB. :thumbup:

Edited by gogocar

Everything about this looks really good, except the legs... They just look small and silly to me. If you can imagine the AT-AP's 3rd leg and how it folds up, that would look better in my opinion.

Thanks! I actually started out building this with full-size legs, but, they didn't fold underneath the ship without making it look clunky, so I went smaller. I actually kinda intended the smaller legs to look a bit silly or Chibi-ish. It is called Luke's Skyhopper, after all. :laugh:

Wow that looks great!!! The red ATAT window throws me off a bit but it looks awesome.

Thanks! The windscreen of the AT-AT actually is red (just like Vader's eye lenses) an often overlooked fact, especially by Lego.

This is awesome, the X-Wing and the AT-AT. You're getting my vote on FBTB. :thumbup:

Thanks! I'll take all the votes I can get. :wink: