frogstudio

MOC - Hazmat Unit - Brick Built

Hi!!!!

In a previous post (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52950&hl=hazmat&st=0)I showed you the digital version of my Hazmat Unit truck. Now it's time to show you the complete brick built version, with some additions. Hope you enjoy it and waitning for comments!!!!

The Complete Unit:

hazmat_001.jpg

The Truck:

hazmat_002.jpg

hazmat_003.jpg

hazmat_004.jpg

hazmat_005.jpg

The tools carrier:

hazmat_006.jpg

hazmat_007.jpg

hazmat_008.jpg

hazmat_009.jpg

The Detection Robot:

hazmat_010.jpg

hazmat_011.jpg

hazmat_012.jpg

hazmat_013.jpg

The Motorcycle:

hazmat_014.jpg

hazmat_015.jpg

hazmat_016.jpg

hazmat_017.jpg

hazmat_018.jpg

Enjoy!!!!

Great job, but how many people fit in the front and back of the truck?

That robot is really cute too1

Nicce work.

Great H. Unit 'frogstudio' :thumbup: Love the design of the truck and kudos on the robot. Really nice job on that. How does it roll? Keep up the great work :classic:

Totally awesome design, very well done. Love the hazmat storage tray (great idea using a stretcher) and love the hazmat robot. But where are the trash cans to dispose of the waste or collapse shower stall to wash off after being exposed to the cruddy stuff. Great design and implementation of it in actual LEGOs.

Thanks to all for your comments!!!! Concerning the questions:

"Great job, but how many people fit in the front and back of the truck?"

Actually, it fits one driver and all the equipment in the back... so I guess two of the hazmat guys will have to walk (at least until I've got pieces to build a car or I can get my hands on two more motorcylces)!!!!

"Love the design of the truck and kudos on the robot. Really nice job on that. How does it roll"

Though a bit tight, the rubber tracks actually roll... :)

"But where are the trash cans to dispose of the waste or collapse shower stall to wash off after being exposed to the cruddy stuff"

If I only had more pieces!!!! :)

As ypu can see by my 7 posts im a newb, but I am wondering where you got that orange mtorcycle shield peice.

That looks fantastic!! where did you get all that orange! it looks so good!? and those stickers look almost like they are original from Lego, the are your own design right?

Excellent vehicle 'frogstudio' and your stickering....what material do you use ? (me, I use photo sticker paper)

The only issue I have is the bike, it's rear end - a little too wide and that red brake/tail light should be centred not to the left.

But apart from that an excellent creation and lucky you with so many hazmat guys (my son got his first only yesterday). :classic:

Brick On 'frogstudio' ! :grin:

Fantastic! I really like this. The equipment cart, the robot, and the motorbike really bring it all together :thumbup:

Thanks all for your kind comments!!! Concerning stickers, all of them are custom designs (made in illustrator) and are printed on autoadhesive vynil with water resistant dyes(in the same way commercial stickers are printed). I still cant's get the orange right, so, I'll be re-printing the stickers on transparent vynil in the near future... :)

Concerning the orange bricks, the truck is done basically with one 7991 Recycle Truck set + some pieces bought at bricklink. The only pieces which were hard to find were the 1x1 orange headlight bricks... Cheers!!!!

Edited by frogstudio

A wonderful HazMat unit frogstudio! :thumbup: I was already impressed with your previous HazMat van before, and it's really nice to see additional elements for this unit. The motorcycle is a good addition, but it's the HazMat detection unit that I really like a lot. Just curious though, I just noticed now that the orange color of the truck is very much different with the HazMat gear color.

Awesome job. Looks great. :thumbup:

I don't think it will be too comfortable riding a motorcycle while fully dressed in SCBA gear. :classic:

A wonderful HazMat unit frogstudio! :thumbup: I was already impressed with your previous HazMat van before, and it's really nice to see additional elements for this unit. The motorcycle is a good addition, but it's the HazMat detection unit that I really like a lot. Just curious though, I just noticed now that the orange color of the truck is very much different with the HazMat gear color.

Yep.. orange hues are quite different. I don't think LEGO has any other bricks in the color of the orange hazmat guy... or at least not a wide variaty... :)

Now this is what I call 'official MOC' :thumbup: :thumbup: ..MOC which is so well executed it looks like Lego made it!

Great job on the stickers too...some purists might hate them to death, but as for me I like them, stickers actually push the detail boundaries of a creation and emphasizes it's role even further. Yours is a great example of my point!

Is there an interior shot of this truck? I'd love to see where all these gears, crews and that wonderful robot are put once the truck moves to and from the hazardous location. :wink:

Now this is what I call 'official MOC' :thumbup: :thumbup: ..MOC which is so well executed it looks like Lego made it!

Great job on the stickers too...some purists might hate them to death, but as for me I like them, stickers actually push the detail boundaries of a creation and emphasizes it's role even further. Yours is a great example of my point!

Is there an interior shot of this truck? I'd love to see where all these gears, crews and that wonderful robot are put once the truck moves to and from the hazardous location. :wink:

Thanks for your comments!!!! No interior yet... Got to work on it. :)

This set totally ROCKS! My hubby now wants me to create a hazmat team to clean up messes in our city.... lol

Great job! I really like the front end of the truck. I looked at your Digital Design and that too is very impressive! :thumbup:

Brilliant van, but favourite part of it all is definitely the robot. You need to have one of the guys with a little remote control unit for it, so he can stay at a nicely safe distance... either that or a trailer on your truck with a little control 'office' in it with control panels and displays and such :)