r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For me, this was naturally the most interesting part of the interview, even though it was still somewhat vague:

A fantasy series. That is an idea I've been pondering about for a while - it would be quite the thing to see it come to fruition!
Really hard on my wallet, but a fantastic way to make up for the lack of proper Castle themes, and there's a myriad of things to do with it.

If classic castle hasn't returned for a while it's because it hasn't tested well with kids. So I dont think a castle series is unlikely I think

Also, a fantasy series would overlap with Disney, Harry Potter? 

Space series might happen but not next year since there will be already 2 new space themes next year (TLM2 and SW EIX)

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If classic castle hasn't returned for a while it's because it hasn't tested well with kids. So I dont think a castle series is unlikely I think

Mark Stafford said a few years ago that Nexo would be around for a few years and that Castle was just taking a breather. If it's not coming back next year, it'll be back the year after. There's no evidence that it's not testing well with kids. I was proposing a Historic/Castle themed series next year, and then Castle coming back in 2020 after HP's hype has died down.

One question I'd like to ask to the CMF designers is if they would consider re-releasing Series 1 and Series 2. The 10th anniversary of the theme is around the corner. And recently they have been using Series 1 minifigures a lot. Like the Caveman who recently appeared twice, in the promo set and then in the City line. 

Also the Zombie Skater who is a zombie version of the series 1 Skater.

Also the cheerleaders seem to be very popular in LEGO. 

They already have the desings and the molds done, they only need to be produced again. A quick look to Brinklink should be enough to see how popular these would be

They are pretty much doing this with Ninjago.

Edited by Robert8

On 8/14/2018 at 11:42 PM, Robert8 said:

Also, a fantasy series would overlap with Disney, Harry Potter? 

Space series might happen but not next year since there will be already 2 new space themes next year (TLM2 and SW EIX)

There will definitely be a big bang theme next year like you say it may not be space.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

One question I'd like to ask to the CMF designers is if they would consider re-releasing Series 1 and Series 2. The 10th anniversary of the theme is around the corner. And recently they have been using Series 1 minifigures a lot. Like the Caveman who recently appeared twice, in the promo set and then in the City line. 

The question I should've asked is whether they've seen your Custom CMF design work or not. :grin:

Seriously though, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a tenth anniversary Series 20 which would act as a redux of Series 1, but only if they'd update the archetypes' designs just to a degree, with perhaps added printing and dual-molding. Updated reduxes of the Series 1 Forestman and Spaceman would cool to see for instance. :shrug_oh_well:

On 8/16/2018 at 4:59 AM, Robert8 said:

One question I'd like to ask to the CMF designers is if they would consider re-releasing Series 1 and Series 2.

Hopefully not, every re-release usually takes a spot from a new set! Even tough I am missing some figs from series 1-2 that I like to have, the CMF line has come a long way since series one.. It would almost be like a series full of series 18 police officer figs :tongue:

Though I do somewhat have a personal bias towards these, a few particular archetypes I think should be covered soon by Series 19 or another near future CMS include an Aviatrix (to act as a female counterpart to the Series 3 Pilot), a generic Superhero and/or Superheroine, a Johnny Thunder-esque Archaeologist, and a Daniel Boone-like Frontersman.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they have on the agenda.  Obviously, The LEGO Movie sequel will get it's series.  That is (for all intents and purposes) filling a licensed slot.  What other licensed series do we expect?  Overwatch?

I wonder what we could get from a non-licensed theme.  There are some good ideas in this thread.  A Fireman is probably a safe bet, only because I'm surprised they haven't done that yet.

I've been really enjoying the Harry Potter minifigure series, and I hope that there is something else that can capture my attention in the same way.  The future is bright for the CMF line.

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what they have on the agenda.  Obviously, The LEGO Movie sequel will get it's series.  That is (for all intents and purposes) filling a licensed slot.  What other licensed series do we expect?  Overwatch?

I wonder what we could get from a non-licensed theme.  There are some good ideas in this thread.  A Fireman is probably a safe bet, only because I'm surprised they haven't done that yet.

I've been really enjoying the Harry Potter minifigure series, and I hope that there is something else that can capture my attention in the same way.  The future is bright for the CMF line.

I think Series 19 and a licensed series

From just2good, we know Simpsons series 2 and Batman Movie series 2 sold pretty bad, so it seems the second series of a licensed theme doesn't do as good as the first one

As far as overdue CMF archetypes go, I'm also surprised we haven't yet seen either a Train Conductor or a Locomotive Engineer for the non-licensed line. :shrug_confused:

18 hours ago, x105Black said:

My predictions:

January: TLM2 (18 figures)

May: Series 19 (regular series with no special theme, 16 figures)

September: Disney Series 2 (20 figures)

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I could see that.  It's been long enough since the last one for interest to build again, and there are still plenty of characters that could be great as minifigures.

9 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

My predictions:

This is pretty much in line with what I'm expecting too. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

I could see that.  It's been long enough since the last one for interest to build again, and there are still plenty of characters that could be great as minifigures.

Disney is a particularly great franchise for an evergreen licensed CMS line, as its source material range extends way beyond just a single film franchise or TV show.

20 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As far as overdue CMF archetypes go, I'm also surprised we haven't yet seen either a Train Conductor or a Locomotive Engineer for the non-licensed line. :shrug_confused:

Oooo. Now that’s pretty cool. What archetypes are you hoping for in TLM2? Dieselpunk enginneer, Dieselpunk pilot or even a Dieselpunk babysitter? 

19 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

My predictions:

Based off of this, my predictions are:

January: TLM2 (20 minifigures)

May: Series 19 (regular series with no special theme, 16 minifigures)

September: Disney Series 2 (18 minifigures)

Edited by J4ck

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

What archetypes are you hoping for in TLM2? Dieselpunk enginneer, Dieselpunk pilot or even a Dieselpunk babysitter? 

I don't really know if we'll be seeing any Dieselpunk archetypes in this sequel, but given the film's Space setting, I am hoping we'll rather see some "Raypunk" archetypes instead. :classic:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't really know if we'll be seeing any Dieselpunk archetypes in this sequel, but given the film's Space setting, I am hoping we'll rather see some "Raypunk" archetypes instead. :classic:

I should’ve known you’d say something like that :laugh:

If they have a Harry Potter series which is licenced maybe they could be working towards other licenced figures such as Marvel, Star Wars...

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

I should’ve known you’d say something like that :laugh:

It's not to say that I wouldn't care to see any Dieselpunk archetypes, but the two settings we know about so far for the sequel wouldn't seem to accommodate any such characters. Besides, as a slight nitpick, I personally don't equate Mad Max/Post-Apocalyptic archetypes with the Dieselpunk genre.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's not to say that I wouldn't care to see any Dieselpunk archetypes, but the two settings we know about so far for the sequel wouldn't seem to accommodate any such characters. Besides, as a slight nitpick, I personally don't equate Mad Max/Post-Apocalyptic archetypes with the Dieselpunk genre.

That’s a good point actually. Thank you.

On 8/26/2018 at 8:11 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I do expect to see Mad Max / Post-Apocalyptic minifigure designs in the series, though.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:33 PM, J4ck said:

What archetypes are you hoping for in TLM2? Dieselpunk enginneer, Dieselpunk pilot or even a Dieselpunk babysitter? 

Though I'm not expecting any Dieselpunk archetypes for The Lego Movie 2 as of yet, to answer this question another way, some Dieselpunk/Decopunk/Raypunk archetypes I'd wish to see for Series 19 and/or other follow-up series would include an Aviatrix, a Rocketeer-like hero, a female counterpart to the Series 17 Retro Spaceman, an Art Deco automobile hood ornament (something inspired after this would be kinda cool), a noir private detective, and perhaps an Art Deco-styled female android inspired after the Maschinenmensch from Friz Lang's Metropolis from 1927. :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

I do expect to see Mad Max / Post-Apocalyptic minifigure designs in the series, though.

Certainly without a doubt, but I was only commenting on how I personally consider the post-apocalyptic genre to be something else entirely compared to Dieselpunk.