r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

We can consider Studios as licensed old theme. It's a theme with several themes (City, Pirates, Dinosaurs, Spider Man, Jurassic Park, Vampires and other monsters) that would make a series where everyone could find what they like.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

It's been said it's old, so I highly doubt it will be Adventure Time.  I'd love to see a series based on such a fantasy universe, though.

I understood it as old as in not a new theme.

Let's see just gonna go through licenses here:

Doctor Who (ruled out), Portal (not enough characters?), Lord of the Rings (unnecessary and not current), Star Wars (too many sets already), Marvel and DC Superheroes (same as above), Indiana Jones (retired, and anyways, too random), Disney (Series 2 already debunked, right?), ET (little to no kid appeal), Gremlins (little to no kid appeal), Mission: Impossible (little to no kid appeal), A-Team (little to no kid appeal), Angry Birds (time for this already gone), Knight Rider (uh, why?).  I could be wrong but this seems like a fair list of not possible ones.  So here's the possible licenses:

Wizard of Oz (still not ruled out),Back to the Future (possible, many characters + very well-known), Ghostbusters (possible but little appeal for kids), Minecraft (possible but how?), Scooby-Doo (plausible: many characters, kid appeal, beloved franchise), Spongebob (it's possible as far as I know, but why? I wouldn't think so EDIT K'Nex has license apparently), Harry Potter (again possible but probably too many sets already), the Goonies (not sure, don't know what appeal is on this but it could work), Midway Arcade (?????)

From these, I would guess either Back to the Future or Scooby-Doo.  Leaning more towards Scooby-Doo, but who knows.  It's all speculation anyways *shrug*

(unless @Itaria No Shintaku wants to confirm or deny my suspicions :grin:)

Edited by JGuy

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

So, is this upcoming licensed CMF series based on an old theme already featured in LEGO Dimensions? For example: The Lord of the Rings, The Simpsons, and Jurassic World.

:wink:

43 minutes ago, JGuy said:

I understood it as old as in not a new theme.

Let's see just gonna go through licenses here:

Wizard of Oz (still not ruled out),

As was previously stated, it is definitely NOT Wizard of Oz.

So.... this theme is featured on Dinensions.....

Simpsons Series 3 then?

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

So.... this theme is featured on Dinensions.....

Simpsons Series 3 then?

I would eat my hat.

Um maybe it's Jurassic world????

wow I can't believe I didn't think of that

i mean the sequel comes out next year

Edited by JGuy

So if that's true, that narrows it down to:

Jurrassic World/Park 

Scooby Doo

Back to the Future

Ghostbusters

Sonic (wow that's actually pretty plausible)

The Goonies

Power Puff Girls

Teen Titans Go!

Adventure Time

The rest seem too random.

Sonic, Scooby, and Teen Titans are now my guesses

Waiiiit if it's actually an old licensed that wasn't introduced in dimensions but was featured in dimensions, then that means it could be: 

Lord of the Rings, BTTF, Jurrassic World, Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter

I would assume no LOTR or Harry Potter cause those are weird CMF choices.

Also they've made all the necessary characters of Ghostbusters.

So Jurassic Park, BTTF, or Scooby-Doo

Edited by JGuy

4 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Are you sure?

I don't know the license for this series (yet) but I do know part of S18, if that's what you mean.

1 minute ago, JGuy said:

Waiiiit if it's actually an old licensed that wasn't introduced in dimensions but was featured in dimensions, then that means it could be: 

Lord of the Rings, BTTF, Jurrassic World, Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter

It quite plausibly could be a Harry Potter CMS to correspond with the Nov. 2018 release of FB2, unless it is a Fantastic Beasts CMS for the sequel. Not that I would wish for either. :hmpf:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

It quite plausibly could be a Harry Potter CMS to correspond with the Nov. 2018 release of FB2, unless it is a Fantastic Beasts CMS for the sequel. Not that I would wish for either. :hmpf:

I suppose *huh*

So it could be FB2.  That is a possibility.  Weird but possible.

Umm, let's break it down systematically.  I'm considering FB2 to be an option.  All four themes have enough characters.  Scooby Doo and BTTF have nothing pressing to release for (anniversary, new movie), and plus BTTF has small appeal.  Scooby Doo doesn't have enough recognizable characters (except the gang of course) to comprise a minifig series.

FB and JW both have movies coming out.  Minfig-wise, Jurassic Park would make more since.  They already have some designs, plus there's really big characters they haven't made physically (John Hammond, Alan Grant, Ian Malcom, etc.)  But release-date wise FB makes more sense, because JW2 comes out in June.  It would make no sense to release them 2.5 months after the movie releases.  

It's a toss-up at this point.  Unless I'm totally wrong.  

Just now, JGuy said:

I suppose *huh*

So it could be FB2.  That is a possibility.  Weird but possible.

Umm, let's break it down systematically.  I'm considering FB2 to be an option.  All four themes have enough characters.  Scooby Doo and BTTF have nothing pressing to release for (anniversary, new movie), and plus BTTF has small appeal.  Scooby Doo doesn't have enough recognizable characters (except the gang of course) to comprise a minifig series.

FB and JW both have movies coming out.  Minfig-wise, Jurassic Park would make more since.  They already have some designs, plus there's really big characters they haven't made physically (John Hammond, Alan Grant, Ian Malcom, etc.)  But release-date wise FB makes more sense, because JW2 comes out in June.  It would make no sense to release them 2.5 months after the movie releases.  

It's a toss-up at this point.  Unless I'm totally wrong.  

Sure, there are many characters in the JP movies that fans would like to see in minifigure form. But dinosaurs are really the stars of the franchise, so that's why I couldn't see a JP/JW CMS being done, along with some of the reasons you just gave above.

If I were a gambler I would bet it will be something related to superheroes, not the most known ones but those that yet popular not very likely to be produced exclusively for a set.
Given the success and amount of chinese copies this idea poped out of my head.

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, there are many characters in the JP movies that fans would like to see in minifigure form. But dinosaurs are really the stars of the franchise, so that's why I couldn't see a JP/JW CMS being done, along with some of the reasons you just gave above.

NOOOO you're cursing us to a FB/HP CMF line! :tongue:

Also Adventure Time is a license obtained from Lego Ideas, and its final season is going to finish airing in 2018...

I feel like an adventure time line would be great because fans of the show would love it and non-fans could find the quirky designs (and possibly new pieces!) really fun.  

Edited by JGuy

36 minutes ago, JGuy said:

My money is on Harry Potter

(You forgot The Simpsons)

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

My money is on Harry Potter

(You forgot The Simpsons)

Yeah, buuuuut... Why would they do Simpsons S3??

Plus Just2Good said this:

On 3/24/2017 at 5:17 PM, just2good said:

I wish we'd get a Simpsons 3, but it'll never happen. :sad:

Don't know if he knows but that's some assurance at least

Just now, JGuy said:

NOOOO you're cursing us to a FB/HP CMF line! :tongue:

Also Adventure Time is a license obtained from Lego Ideas, and its final season is going to finish airing in 2018...

There is a Adventure Time movie being developed by WAG (Warner Animation Group) that still does not have a set release date yet.

From WAG's Wiki article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros._Animation

On March 27, 2015, It was reported that Jason Segel and Drew Pearce are going to co-direct and write a script to a new "Lego Movie" spin-off named "Billion Brick Race".[13] Other WAG films announced in 2015 are based on Adventure Time, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Speedy Gonzales and Bone.

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

There is a Adventure Time movie being developed by WAG (Warner Animation Group) that still does not have a set release date yet.

From WAG's Wiki article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros._Animation

Yes, true.  I've been looking at movies too.  Adventure Time has one coming, Teen Titans is getting a TV series, Sonic is getting a CG hybrid movie (get this, scheduled for October 2018).  So those could be plausible as well.

But yeah, WAG is a good indicator of what they'd be making...

Edited by JGuy

And Adventure Time CMFs sounds interesting

I wouldn't buy a single pack, but it does sound interesting. 

There are plenty of characters to produce and they are already have some moulds from Dimensions

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I also guessed HP before. If the release of FB2 is confirmed to be November, September release of CMF would be great marketing for the movie... If is true.

Well scooby and ghostbusters have animated movies/series planned as well in the future so those are still a possibility, right?

adventure time would be cool, but isn't it too new? 

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I don't know the license for this series (yet) but I do know part of S18, if that's what you mean.

I meant are you sure I haven't done that yet...