r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Was Monsters unpopular because it was all one theme, or because it was all Monster themed?

Neither of those, IMO

You can go to the Series 14 discussion thread to read why I think this happened. I said it a lot of times. And I mean A LOT of times

obsidianheart LOVED that :laugh:

Oh memories.... :purrr:

Was Monsters unpopular because it was all one theme, or because it was all Monster themed?

Both, not everyone likes Halloween minifigures and that's fine. Those who collect castle or space, are not going to buy monsters. That's why It's a mistake to do a one theme like monsters. I personally had no problem with them but Lego has to realize that these didn't sell well.

I bought the whole monster series, and they've all been gone for months where I live. I dunno. I only go to, like 3 stores, though?

And, yeah, good times in that thread.

I was out shopping for the Disney Minifigures earlier this week, and found not only abundant stock of Series 15, but also quite a few Series 13 - but no Series 14. Anecdotal, of course, but at least around here, I'd say the Monsters were at least as popular as other numbered, non-licensed series, if not more so.

I was out shopping for the Disney Minifigures earlier this week, and found not only abundant stock of Series 15, but also quite a few Series 13 - but no Series 14. Anecdotal, of course, but at least around here, I'd say the Monsters were at least as popular as other numbered, non-licensed series, if not more so.

The exact same thing happened to me the other day, actually. Although I think the reason for the leftover minifigures at my Target is because they never put them out when they're released, so they end up trying to get rid of all of the old ones at once right before a new series comes out. :sceptic:

Personally, I don't buy minifigures just for parts because I don't build MOC's or stuff. Actually, the only thing I do with them is display them (and clean them :grin: )

Same here (cleaning them can be a major pain). I also collect them to display them all over the modular series as townspeople who have their own styles (since they're all different) :laugh:

J2G's intel on next year being Batman, 17, Ninjago is quite exciting - didn't expect to see a Batman series. However, no Disney series 2? That seems like a slam dunk, much more than Ninjago, which I can't see being anything less than the dullest mainline CMF series ever.

It's understandable why they want more Lego movie series, they did it once, so why not again? Disney series 2 would be great, but they're going to try really hard to promote these upcoming movies.

It's understandable why they want more Lego movie series, they did it once, so why not again? Disney series 2 would be great, but they're going to try really hard to promote these upcoming movies.

Disney 2 is probably going to happen, but not yet.

The exact same thing happened to me the other day, actually. Although I think the reason for the leftover minifigures at my Target is because they never put them out when they're released, so they end up trying to get rid of all of the old ones at once right before a new series comes out. :sceptic:

The same thing happens here. Target is always delayed on putting out their minifigures. Not the first box, that is usually early. But any subsequent boxes just sit around in their stock room, waiting for someone to ask before they bring it out.

It's not like a castle or space series would be any better :shrug_oh_well:

for space and castle collectors that is actually better. I will buy a box of 60 each. :D

The same thing happens here. Target is always delayed on putting out their minifigures. Not the first box, that is usually early. But any subsequent boxes just sit around in their stock room, waiting for someone to ask before they bring it out.

This is the truth.

I just realised that they are working on Series 17 right now because they work a year on advance

Oh c'mon!

Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette

for space and castle collectors that is actually better. I will buy a box of 60 each. :D

Same. 60 good castle minifigures would be an instant buy.

Edited by x105Black

I just realised that they are working on Series 17 right now because they work a year on advance

Oh c'mon!

Marie Antoinette

I concur. I could also go for a milk maid and a landsknecht mercenary. While they’re about it, throw in Boudon's vain queen, shepherd or dwarven wizard.

3 Queen dress figures in a row is kinda lame to me.

Is? Or do you mean "Would be"?

If you intentionally said "is", then I'd say it's confirmed that you know it's coming.

So, "Is" or "Would be"?

Amendment: 3? Who's the second one anyway? Is she in Series 16?

Oh. I thought she had the old slope piece. Never mind my amendment.

The question still remains: "Is" or "Would be"? Tell us everything!

I mean, it's not technically in a row since the Disney and Batman series are between them. But if you consider just numbered series then yes I guess it would be 3 Queen dresses in a row. But how is that any different than getting at least 1 dress sloped figure or short legged figure in nearly every series? Also, the Queen dress is the clearly superior choice for the discussed figure concepts, so why not make the most out of the mold by reusing it on as many concepts as possible? It feels a bit more versatile than the Faun legs, which were introduced in the same series...

I mean, I dunno, looks like a wide dress to me.

Edited by CM4Sci