r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

22 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I didn't realize until I already posted, oopsie

No worries at all. :)

On 11/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

That’s a fun question. 

I hope Series 25 is more special like Series 14, 18, and 23. And to be more specific, I don’t want costumes - I prefer to see re-visited old characters from past in-house themes. 

Let's dont get our hopes high: its probably going to be costumes again. 

But it would be nice if they celebrated the milestone in some other way

I think I have a half decent idea for a CMF series based mostly off of minifigures from past themes but with an updated design. Some well known, a few obscure, but regards this is just for fun.

1) Battle Buggy Costume Guy (Theme: World Racers, Revamped Figure: MAX-treme): Comes with a green and white Battle Buggy Costume hip piece and part 2496 in black x2 (Based on the dune buggy from Desert of Destruction: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/lego/images/0/0c/8864_Desert_of_Destruction_box.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20100507165935)

2) Monster Battler (Theme: Monster Fighters, Revamped Figure: Dr. Rodney Rathbone): Comes with classic revolver piece and part 10178 in trans orange

3) Manic Super-villain (Theme: Agents, Revamped Figure: Dr. Inferno): Comes with vial of lava and energy cannon accessory

4) Train Costume Guy (Set: Emerald Night): Comes with Train Costume hip piece and 1x2 tile with train ticket printing

5) Earth Miner (Theme: Power Miners, Revamped Figure: Duke): Comes with dynamite piece in yellow and crystal piece in trans dark green

6) Robot Defender (Theme: Hero Factory. Revamped Figure: Stringer): Comes with new blue chest armor piece with white soundwave design and guitar blaster (Basically his Breakout form as an Invasion From Below styled figure)

7) Alien Gang Member (Theme: Space Police, Revamped Figure: Kranxx): Comes with space pistol and 100 dollar banknote piece

8) Lion Prince (Theme: Chima, Revamped Figure: Laval): Comes with royal sword and golden chi piece

9) Ocean Roamer (Theme: Atlantis, Revamped Figure: Captain Ace Speedman) Comes with spear gun and mystical ocean key piece

10) Egyptian Pharaoh King (Theme: Pharaoh's Quest. Revamped Figure: Amset-Ra) Comes with revamped scorpion mold and khopesh

11) Techno Knight (Theme: Nexo Knights, Revamped Figure: Clay) Comes with futuristic sword and trans orange digital wizard microfigure

12) Mecha Pilot (Theme: Exo Force, Revamped Figure: Ryo) Comes with brick built mecha action figure

That's about it for my concept series, please leave any criticism, it will help out a lot, :)

Edited by FinlayTheFaithful

I want to see an revamped Ice Planet figure. With trans neon orange chain saw (possibly new mould), and skis, and whatever else they want to surprise me with. I know they supposedly "retired" trans neon orange, but they should be punished for that by having to bring it back immediately just for this.

LEGO didn't retire trans-neon-orange. What happened is that the new plastic they are using for transparent parts isn't capable of replicating trans-neon-orange to the standards LEGO is happy with and so they are unable to continue producing the color.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

LEGO didn't retire trans-neon-orange. What happened is that the new plastic they are using for transparent parts isn't capable of replicating trans-neon-orange to the standards LEGO is happy with and so they are unable to continue producing the color.

Fascinating, but also curious, given that they already to happy with 50 shades of lime, dark red, and gold. Probably others.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Interesting. They're still making trans orange, trans pink, and trans neon green parts. I wonder what makes trans neon orange so difficult. Maybe they just haven't figured it out yet? Or maybe it's just corporate BS?

Seems like the new transparent plastic is objectively worse. More prone to scratching and supports less colors.

I wonder if there will be a Team Argentina CMF this time around like they did with Germany

Messi would be one of the most sought-after minifigures ever

Edited by Robert8

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if there will be a Team Argentina CMF this time around like they did with Germany

The DFB series was released ahead of a cup, not in the aftermath of one :tongue:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The DFB series was released ahead of a cup, not in the aftermath of one :tongue:

Hmm no. They won the 2014 World Cup. The DFB was released two years after that in 2016

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm no. They won the 2014 World Cup. The DFB was released two years after that in 2016

The series was released in May of 2016 in anticipation of the UEFA European Cup that summer :tongue: 

Perhaps we can have another classic space, this time in bright light blue. That way, we can complete the "Classic Space is Awesome" theme. LOL!

15 hours ago, hikouki said:

Perhaps we can have another classic space, this time in bright light blue. That way, we can complete the "Classic Space is Awesome" theme. LOL!

Until then you can use the light blue grey torso from the rocket ship boy costume cmf. 

On 12/18/2022 at 11:43 PM, Robert8 said:

Well I'm replying to myself:

As of today, Messi posted 5 of the top 10 most liked posts ever on Instagram

At this point I would be more surprised if itsnt a TEAM Argentina CMF.

I wonder if they can do the licensing gymnastics needed to include the World Cup Trophy as an accesory

I was like 95% sure it was going to be Series 25

So the boxes will debut with a licensed series? *oh2* 

Hmmm..... I dont know about that

It has to be an extremely and universally liked license me thinks...

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I was like 95% sure it was going to be Series 25

So the boxes will debut with a licensed series? *oh2* 

Hmmm..... I dont know about that

It has to be an extremely and universally liked license me thinks...

Well, this gives it a chance to fail spectacularly on a license I likely don’t care about. Short of LotR or D&D (both of which are extremely doubtful), I’ll be out and can watch the boxes implode from the sidelines. 

But, ultimately I’m an optimist, and am keeping my fingers crossed for unique codes somewhere on the packaging. 

25 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

But, ultimately I’m an optimist, and am keeping my fingers crossed for unique codes somewhere on the packaging. 

Bruh...

So series 23 was the odd one out then, that was unfortunate since I like the normal ones best. However I will not buy blind bags blind unless there is a series where all figs have new animals or similar so i want all the figs :tongue:

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to the leakers, the third series in 2023 is going to be licensed! :thumbup:

Maybe it could be another DC themed series (I would kill for a Jinx minifigure)