r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

58 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will it be likely for Seamsae Street CMF to happen?

This one seems unlikely to me; most of the characters anyone would go for are already in the 123 Sesame Street set. Grover and The Count are the only popular ones I can think of that aren't in that set. I doubt anyone is clamoring for a minifig of Guy Smiley or the Amazing Mumford or Prairie Dawn.

13 minutes ago, Karalora said:

This one seems unlikely to me; most of the characters anyone would go for are already in the 123 Sesame Street set. Grover and The Count are the only popular ones I can think of that aren't in that set. I doubt anyone is clamoring for a minifig of Guy Smiley or the Amazing Mumford or Prairie Dawn.

True. 123 Sesame Street set is pretty pricey and I’m only interested in minifigures. They are little expensive in secondary markets. CMF is pretty easy for me to get. Just saying. 

5 hours ago, Karalora said:

I dunno, there’s no reason that they need to stay exclusive to that set, and alternate face prints etc could be in reused versions for a CMF. Think you could easily get to 12 popular / desirable figures. The fact that some heads already exist as moulds would be a plus. 

Just as a quick stab at a line up of 12 

Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Elmo,

Cookie Monster, Grover, Count, Oscar

Abbey, Zoe, Rosita, Telly Monster 

(Kermit, Super Grover and Two headed monster would also be well known options, and on my subs list ;) )

After the IDEAS set retires, it would be a great way of making more money out of the molds. I can see it happening.

They could even include any of the Big Bird variants, from the Sesame Street Multiverse of Madness

EcS9qKMUcAAEg_c?format=jpg&name=medium

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

After the IDEAS set retires, it would be a great way of making more money out of the molds. I can see it happening.

They could even include any of the Big Bird variants, from the Sesame Street Multiverse of Madness

Lol - imagine if they issued a set of ONLY Big Bird variants, to confound packet feeling

Except the one in the far right, which looks like the bastard child

Caponata is just Big Bird afterdark lol

2 hours ago, williejm said:

\(Kermit, Super Grover and Two headed monster would also be well known options, and on my subs list ;) )

Licensed or not, I want to see Lego produce a two-headed monster/minifigure one day!

You know the way Wizard of Oz had figures in the TLM2 CMF - do you think there's a possibility of licenses that don't have the pull power for their own run to be grouped together?

I'm thinking of something like the upcoming Warner Brothers cross-platformer MULTIVERSUS which is characters from all kinds of different properties in one beat-em-up:  Shaggy vs Superman, Finn from Adventure Time taking on Arya Stark from Game of Thrones, etc, etc.

54 minutes ago, pjonze said:

You know the way Wizard of Oz had figures in the TLM2 CMF - do you think there's a possibility of licenses that don't have the pull power for their own run to be grouped together?

I'm thinking of something like the upcoming Warner Brothers cross-platformer MULTIVERSUS which is characters from all kinds of different properties in one beat-em-up:  Shaggy vs Superman, Finn from Adventure Time taking on Arya Stark from Game of Thrones, etc, etc.

Interesting idea. Definitely something Lego have shoehorned in with TLM too (Shakespeare and Lincoln).

I have seen other collectible blind bag toys do things like ‘cartoon classics’ with a roster of different animated characters across series and themes. To my mind, licenses depending, could be a great way of getting some classic figures. Also - there’s literally no reason why a CMF can’t be say just six figures in a series, so they could very much look at smaller rosters of characters, or one that has half and half of each (Sesame Street & Muppets; Hanna Barbera & Cartoon Network, whatever)

1 hour ago, pjonze said:

11 minutes ago, williejm said:

Interesting idea. Definitely something Lego have shoehorned in with TLM too (Shakespeare and Lincoln).

I have seen other collectible blind bag toys do things like ‘cartoon classics’ with a roster of different animated characters across series and themes. To my mind, licenses depending, could be a great way of getting some classic figures. Also - there’s literally no reason why a CMF can’t be say just six figures in a series, so they could very much look at smaller rosters of characters, or one that has half and half of each (Sesame Street & Muppets; Hanna Barbera & Cartoon Network, whatever)

There are also some issues with WB right now. I don't know if the work WB has done with the games is part of a larger licensing deal that covers the cross-media enterprise between them and Lego, or if the video games, movies, and sets each have their own separate agreements. I bring this up because WB is in the process of splitting off the gaming development studio, and I think are looking to sell. There was a segment of the CUPodcast that got uploaded to YouTube that partially covered the announcement.

38 minutes ago, williejm said:

Also - there’s literally no reason why a CMF can’t be say just six figures in a series, so they could very much look at smaller rosters of characters, or one that has half and half of each (Sesame Street & Muppets; Hanna Barbera & Cartoon Network, whatever)

I think half-and-half is probably more likely than cutting the size of a series to 6. There is presumably a point at which it makes no sense to do a series with so few characters in considering sales are likely to be significantly lower unless they put in army builders (and those licenses are not really army builders). With so few in a series, they might as well just release them as a minifigure gift set like the TRU packs, Target cubes, or even their old in-house minifigure packs.

It wouldn't surprise me that if they had only six characters for more Muppets or Sesame Street and nothing else to pair it with, then we would get repeats of previous characters in different outfits. Just like they did with Simpsons S1 and S2. For Muppets, Kermit in a tux and Miss Piggy in a space suit and so on would probably still be popular enough and reuse the moulds.

Disney CMFs is the closer we'll ever get to that.

I can see it happening only if all the characters belong to same IP owner. And maybe even then there might be some issues

But something like 6 Marvel characters and 6 DC ones wont happen

On 5/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will it be likely for Seamsae Street CMF to happen?

I am pretty sure we will see Disney Series 3, Looney Tunes Series 2, and Muppets Series 2 will happen in a few years. I don’t think we will see Harry Potter Series 3.

And, personally, I hope Lego would produced licensed CMF series that based off Cartoon Network characters, such as Ed, Edd & Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Powerpuff Girls (I know we thaT theme a few years ago…), Adventure Time, Dexter & Deedee, etc etc.

Honestly, I’d say there’s a good chance. Looney Tunes and Muppets both seemed pretty unlikely to me at first, but now it seems like Lego is going for one nostalgic kids show or cartoon series each year. And with my theory that we’re getting three licensed series in 2023 (since we’re already getting Series 23 in 2022), there’s a decent chance.

The Sesame Street set seems to have sold well but there’s not much else to do with the license set-wise now, kinda like Friends. I’m sure they could come up with twelve desirable characters for a series, I’m just unsure how they could differentiate from the figures we already got from the Sesame Street set.

Sesame Street, Hanna Barbera and Dreamworks are my guesses for the next CMF series based on a new license.

46 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Honestly, I’d say there’s a good chance. Looney Tunes and Muppets both seemed pretty unlikely to me at first, but now it seems like Lego is going for one nostalgic kids show or cartoon series each year. And with my theory that we’re getting three licensed series in 2023 (since we’re already getting Series 23 in 2022), there’s a decent chance.

The Sesame Street set seems to have sold well but there’s not much else to do with the license set-wise now, kinda like Friends. I’m sure they could come up with twelve desirable characters for a series, I’m just unsure how they could differentiate from the figures we already got from the Sesame Street set.

Sesame Street, Hanna Barbera and Dreamworks are my guesses for the next CMF series based on a new license.

You make some great points!

I think they may do Looney Tunes series 2 or Muppets Series 2. Sure, there are not a lot of popular characters from both but I think it may make sense they would include variants. For example, Bugs Bunny would dress up in a black tuxedo with an Oscar idol. Just like TLG did with Simpsons Series 2 - Homer in a date-night dress along or Bart in a superhero attire to fill in minifigure slots. 

Yes, I am very very curious about 2023 as well. I’m little disappointed if it’s true there won’t be a regular series next year to be honest. 

I’m pretty sure there will be another Marvel Studio / Disney+ tv show Seires 2. And Disney Series 3 may be more likely. 

Oh and I hope TLG would do Looney Tunes Seires 2 becuase I want Granny with a properly small Tweety bird!

If they do Looney Tunes Series 2 I want Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.

50 minutes ago, jonwil said:

If they do Looney Tunes Series 2 I want Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.

Granny, Hazel the Witch, and Pepe Le Pew (I know it may not stand a chance due to a controversy), Taz’s romatnic partner (I forgot her name).

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You make some great points!

I think they may do Looney Tunes series 2 or Muppets Series 2. Sure, there are not a lot of popular characters from both but I think it may make sense they would include variants. For example, Bugs Bunny would dress up in a black tuxedo with an Oscar idol. Just like TLG did with Simpsons Series 2 - Homer in a date-night dress along or Bart in a superhero attire to fill in minifigure slots. 

Yes, I am very very curious about 2023 as well. I’m little disappointed if it’s true there won’t be a regular series next year to be honest. 

I’m pretty sure there will be another Marvel Studio / Disney+ tv show Seires 2. And Disney Series 3 may be more likely. 

Oh and I hope TLG would do Looney Tunes Seires 2 becuase I want Granny with a properly small Tweety bird!

Oh yeah, good point about us possibly getting Looney Tunes or Muppets series 2. It’d be probably be too soon for the latter but if we can get a second Simpsons series, I’m sure we could get another Looney Tunes one. The first one seemed to sell well enough and I think there will have been enough time between the first series and a potential second series next year.

I would be surprised if we didn’t get Marvel Series 2 next year honestly. The first series sold very well and they still haven’t covered Hawkeye or Moon Knight, and Ms. Marvel and She Hulk are coming up soon. Compared to Star Wars, Lego seems hesitant to make actual sets based off the Marvel shows (there’s not a lot of set material in their defense though) so I hope they fast-track another CMF series so we get stuff from those shows.

Fingers crossed for Disney Series 3 as well. I love the first two series and would love another one. I believe the Disney Castle is due for retirement this year (good thing I got it during the last Double VIP promotion…) so if we’re getting a replacement Disney Park D2C next year, another CMF series would be logical.

With the Muppets there can be a number of variants thanks to some nice Muppets takes on great classics, like Muppet Treasure Island. Come to think of it, The Hispaniola from the movie with a good portion of the characters would be a great set.

Edited by gedren_y

5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

With the Muppets there can be a number of variants thanks to some nice Muppets takes on great classics, like Muppets Treasure Island. Come to think of it, The Hispaniola from the movie with a good portion of the characters would be a great set.

Muppet Christmas Carol figures or set would be amazing.

8 hours ago, gedren_y said:

With the Muppets there can be a number of variants thanks to some nice Muppets takes on great classics, like Muppet Treasure Island. Come to think of it, The Hispaniola from the movie with a good portion of the characters would be a great set.

Muppets Treasure Island variants sound such cool!!

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Muppets Treasure Island variants sound such cool!!

These movies could also work well as dioramas with just a few key figures 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

These movies could also work well as dioramas with just a few key figures 

That would be real neat.

I know Disney Series 1 came with Disney Castle back in 2016. I could not rmemeber if Train Station came with Disney Series 2 in the same year - I will check. 

Same way goes for Simpson Series with that house set.

I’m not sure why Looney Tunes series came with nothing. I hope there would be an Elecric Mayhem set but we will see. 

46 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

Animaniacs had a recent revival if we're going that route.

Then they would be going the Tiny Toons route, and probably include Pinky and the Brain as well. I wouldn't mind that, as some lesser used Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies characters got better screen time with that generation of shows.

I could see a one-off Animaniacs set being the Warner Bros. Tower with various rooms inside, including Yacko's map of the world (though some countries have changed since that was produced). They'd all need pin holes in the heads for headgear changes, and some other accessories for costume changes.