r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Only one, actually. CMF Series 21 released before Bandmates did and Looney Tunes overlapped with them, making the MCU series the only one to be released entirely after the Bandmates. 

And we have Bandmates Series 2, I believe?

33 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And we have Bandmates Series 2, I believe?

Yes, but they are in boxes, not bags (I was countering @Vindicare’s claim that there were numerous bagged CMF series since Bandmates released, and that as such, LEGO does not intend to phase out the bags). 

19 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Only one, actually. CMF Series 21 released before Bandmates did and Looney Tunes overlapped with them, making the MCU series the only one to be released entirely after the Bandmates. 

But the boxes for Bandmates were well in the works when those series came out no doubt. I’m sure it wasn’t suddenly decided to put Bandmates in boxes, but not others. 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

But the boxes for Bandmates were well in the works when those series came out no doubt. I’m sure it wasn’t suddenly decided to put Bandmates in boxes, but not others. 

I am wondering if Bandmates were selected as a way of testing how well the boxes sold, since properties like Looney Tunes and Marvel are going to sell more regardless of how they are packaged. The Bandmates series are more similar to standard CMFs, so it would be easier for LEGO to compare the sales data between Series 21 and the Bandmates than between it and the Marvel CMFs. 

39 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am wondering if Bandmates were selected as a way of testing how well the boxes sold, since properties like Looney Tunes and Marvel are going to sell more regardless of how they are packaged. The Bandmates series are more similar to standard CMFs, so it would be easier for LEGO to compare the sales data between Series 21 and the Bandmates than between it and the Marvel CMFs. 

I always assumed they used boxes because of all the parts, particularly the 2x6 plate. Not sure the bags can handle all of what comes with Bandmates. Even though they have packed quite a lot into the bags in recent years. 

While I haven’t seen much, it appears a lot of areas are seeing big discounts on the theme. Personally, I was never going to buy them because of the box. I stumbled upon an untouched box on the shelf so I looked up how they were packed to look for the few I wanted. 

I’m not sure if this is already discussed before but is the third series of 2022 going to be Disney Serie 3?

45 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if this is already discussed before but is the third series of 2022 going to be Disney Serie 3?

Not sure I have seen anything clarifying this, beyond the Muppets series. To my mind, two ‘Disney’ series in a row would seem very unlikely though…

50 minutes ago, williejm said:

Not sure I have seen anything clarifying this, beyond the Muppets series. To my mind, two ‘Disney’ series in a row would seem very unlikely though…

Gotcha, I saw that in Brickpedia website. I am pretty sure it’s misinformation or pure speculation.

I’m not 100% convinced by that one tho.

Well, the rumor right now is that Mavel Series 2 is coming next year...

That would be the 4th unknown CMF wave for 2022

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What the… Why Muppets and Marvel in same one year? I mean they come from Disney. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What the… Why Muppets and Marvel in same one year? I mean they come from Disney. 

But are completely different series. I am looking forward to both of them

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Makes sense with all the new Disney+ Marvel content due next year (plus Hawkeye, which didn't get included in the first batch).  That's assuming this potential Marvel series is another Marvel Studios series.  If that is the case, it makes me wonder if there will now be annual Marvel Studios minifigures series specifically based on the TV shows.

With Muppets and Marvel 2 coming next year, I think it's almost impossible for the other series to be Disney 3

Which makes me wonder, what could be the 4th series then? 

15 hours ago, Borex said:

But are completely different series. I am looking forward to both of them

Stil…Muppets and Marvel come from the same company, Disney.  I was hoping to see another DC or HP seires.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Stil…Muppets and Marvel come from the same company, Disney.  I was hoping to see another DC or HP seires.

I’d be happy with Muppets & Marvel. HP stuff is getting a bit ‘meh’ for me, and Marvel continues to churn out lots of content via its streaming shows & movies 

I do wonder what a fourth 2022 series could be? I’d like it to be DC, but I also kinda like when they surprise us with something 

21 minutes ago, williejm said:

I’d be happy with Muppets & Marvel. HP stuff is getting a bit ‘meh’ for me, and Marvel continues to churn out lots of content via its streaming shows & movies 

I do wonder what a fourth 2022 series could be? I’d like it to be DC, but I also kinda like when they surprise us with something 

Hmm you make a good point about HP Series. I would be happy to pick a very few minifigures from Marve serie but I’m more excited about the Muppets!

i wonder about that mysterious 4th series too. Indiana Jones? Overwatch? Lord of the Rings? I dunnno, it will surprise us for sure. 

My dream for the 4th 2022 series... Nintendo.  Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, Link, Zelda, Ganon, Samus, etc. I'm glad they've had so much success with the Mario line, but I want minifigs.

My dream would be Series 23

Actually, I was secretly hoping because of the COVID pandemic we would get an extra normal series, instead of the (now normal) single one we get every year

Mostly because every licensed series needs new molds to accurately represent the characters, which would have been more dificult to desing and produce during the lockdown. On the other hand, a regular CMF wave with no new molds would have been easier to design only with software. 

But I guess they had a lot worked in advance with the CMFs, and the pandemic left no consequences whatsoever

Wasn't there an announcement or leak earlier this fall that LEGO was partnering with a sports league (women's soccer?) in 2022? I figured that the fourth CMF would be for that, just like Team GB in 2012 and the mens soccer CMF in 2016. 

22 minutes ago, The Brick Rat said:

Wasn't there an announcement or leak earlier this fall that LEGO was partnering with a sports league (women's soccer?) in 2022? I figured that the fourth CMF would be for that, just like Team GB in 2012 and the mens soccer CMF in 2016. 

That was mentioned yeah. Hasn’t it been the case before that the *only* time we had four series in a year was with the Team GB & DFB series? 

21 hours ago, williejm said:

That was mentioned yeah. Hasn’t it been the case before that the *only* time we had four series in a year was with the Team GB & DFB series? 

That is correct. Which is why I believe the fourth series for the coming year will probably be this women's soccer one-off. However, it should be available in all markets (unlike Team GB and DFB) since LEGO is no longer doing regional exclusives.

I also wouldn't mind being wrong about this since I would like to see four series per year (especially with series now coming with only 12 figures).

On 12/24/2021 at 2:59 PM, The Brick Rat said:

There was some discussion a few pages back, but a company sponsoring a sports team doesn't mean they're going to make items for that team. Nintendo owned the Seattle baseball team for a long time (they may still? I don't really follow) and they never had a game tie-in with the team. Tons of companies sponsor sports teams all the time and the connection is usually just naming rights or a few games a year you get a trinket from the company if you go to a game. I would see it much more likely that Lego does a giveaway at a game (that may or may not be team related) than a full CMF series for a single football/soccer team.

I heard the FIFA Women's World Cup could get a series (not sure where though as this was a while back so don't take my word for it). If so, I hope each player comes with a printed flag. I'd love to create some of those important buildings or hotels but hate stickers and custom parts.