r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering this is LEGO anniversary, and not just the minifigure, I'd say a special set would be better 

Maybe a buildable giant Lego goat, with a commemorative normal sized goat in gold with ‘90’ emblazoned on the side 🤣

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Maybe a buildable giant Lego goat, with a commemorative normal sized goat in gold with ‘90’ emblazoned on the side 🤣

LOL! :iamded_lol:

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering this is LEGO anniversary, and not just the minifigure, I'd say a special set would be better 

Hmmm….nah. I prefer grabbing classical minifiugres. 

Just like Police Officer From Seires 18. :) 

There’s pictures of 4 cmf figures on Instagram, they’ve been taken from the instructions 

Yellow robot with new arm 

Male skater with blonde queer eye hair 

Girl with massive wheelchair build 

can’t quite make out the fourth figure 

12 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There’s pictures of 4 cmf figures on Instagram, they’ve been taken from the instructions 

It was hard to make out but maybe a bird watcher? There's a yellow thing next to the fourth fig.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

It was hard to make out but maybe a bird watcher? There's a yellow thing next to the fourth fig.

Oooh - I’m calling it … that’s a new toucan piece sitting on the bamboo part with the birdwatcher 

Edited by williejm

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Oooh - I’m calling it … that’s a new toucan piece sitting on the bamboo part with the birdwatcher 

:pir-oh:

On 10/18/2021 at 3:29 PM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Doesn’t look like a new arm, my guess is either S1 Robot arm or Cyborg’s arm.

There's something bothering me...on the leaked photos I've seen, the torso of the "researcher with tucan" doesn't seem to be printed. Wouldn't that be weird and rather unusual? :look:

Her legs appear dual-moulded and nicely printed though.

18 minutes ago, Aurore said:

There's something bothering me...on the leaked photos I've seen, the torso of the "researcher with tucan" doesn't seem to be printed. Wouldn't that be weird and rather unusual? :look:

Yes. She is just wearing a plain black shirt 

26 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Yeah, I thought of you when I saw those legs, knew you’d have a thousand ideas how to use them. I dunno whether it is a plain black short sleeved torso, or maybe there’s a print that’s not visible due to the resolution of the image. 
I’m kinda okay with simpler pieces, at least occasionally, in CMFs, as I find them more verastile.

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

What if there is any prints on that minifig’ s back? 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What if there is any prints on that minifig’ s back? 

Valid point, sir!

... and I think she wears a modern base-cap. So she seems to be a modern ornithologist rather than a "classic" adventurer from the 1920/1930s.

TLG is sponsoring the UEFA Women‘s EURO 2022 (https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-to-sponsor-uefa-womens-euro-2022/), so the third CMF series next year could be based on England‘s team :thumbup:

This would be an excellent choice IMO, just imagine the amount of new female face prints we could get out of this :wub:

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

TLG is sponsoring the UEFA Women‘s EURO 2022 (https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-to-sponsor-uefa-womens-euro-2022/), so the third CMF series next year could be based on England‘s team :thumbup:

This would be an excellent choice IMO, just imagine the amount of new female face prints we could get out of this :wub:

Agreed. I have little interest in football personally, but this would be great. It would also be them doing that diversity and gender balance thing in practice. 

Just now, williejm said:

Agreed. I have little interest in football personally, but this would be great. It would also be them doing that diversity and gender balance thing in practice. 

Often thought that with these tournaments, a series with a collectible in each country strip (or at least 12 of them!) would be a great thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, williejm said:

Often thought that with these tournaments, a series with a collectible in each country strip (or at least 12 of them!) would be a great thing to do. 

Indeed. But in that case, they‘d probably have to go with fictional representatives, as selecting just one member of each team would be pretty hard, unless they did it randomly :grin: Selecting 12 members of the same team is definitely a lot easier

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. But in that case, they‘d probably have to go with fictional representatives, as selecting just one member of each team would be pretty hard, unless they did it randomly :grin: Selecting 12 members of the same team is definitely a lot easier

Aye. I mean they could go with captains. But I agree, and you get more diversity with a ‘whole’ team too.

Didnt they say they wouldnt do more regional exclusives?

That CMF would be a regional exclusive for sure

I would really like to see some national flags like in set 242 from the 50's/60's (only if printed rather than the dreadful stickered approached). Obviously, they would never release every country's flag as in some areas there are political issues, such as sovereignty disputes. However, something like a World Cup tournament would be the perfect opportunity as they would only be obliged to issue the flags of the participating nations, which would cover a lot of the more 'prominent' countries of the world (no disrespect intended to any others). The only issue for me would be the flag of the UK would not be included as Scotland, Wales, etc each compete separately at football. I feel that something like this included with the Women's World Cup sets would make the sets more appealing to a wider audience as, despite attempts to better publicise the women's game, the men's World Cup tournament still has wider viewing figures and international recognition of players, etc.

Edited by lifeinplastic

I am curious how they are going to pull this one off. Not interested as of yet, but if they are going to make Dutch soccer women, then i’ll be interested. Especially if they will give us Shanice van de Sanden with the leopard hair. 

Edited by Borex

21 minutes ago, Borex said:

I am curious how they are going to pull this one off. Not interested as of yet, but if they are going to make Dutch soccer women, then i’ll be interested. Especially if they will give us Shanice van de Sanden with the leopard hair. 

It’s all speculation at this point. 

On 10/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think this series will be separate from the usual 3 series like the GB Olympics Series and the German Football Series.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I think this series will be separate from the usual 3 series like the GB Olympics Series and the German Football Series.

Yeah, I had a same thought. I’m pretty sure it will be not an usual CMF series because it would be regional only, just like GB and DFB Series. I don’t see any reason why this one should be called “4th” CMF Series.