r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

13 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

[…] something off-kilter like Avatar series 1 or Indiana Jones. 

13 hours ago, williejm said:

An Indiana Jones CMF 😍 … now that you’ve suggested it, I NEED it to happen… 

Dang it, now you‘ve put this idea into my head :laugh_hard: Up until now, my picks would have been Disney S3 and HP S3 without a shadow of a doubt, but I would readily sacrifice either of them for an Indy series :drool: Though since Indy‘s a Disney IP now, it would have to replace Disney S3, if it were to happen.

The reduced roster of 12 could easily be filled with variants, villains, henchmen and companions. Fingers crossed!!

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I would love to see Jurassic Park/World CMF but it’s 100% unlikely because there are not a lot of ionic characters to continue CMF series. 

That‘s not the only reason though. I think it‘s been discussed in the JW threads before, but a JP/JW series would be totally pointless since they couldn‘t include dinos :shrug_oh_well: Unless every character comes with a different baby velociraptor :head_back:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘s not the only reason though. I think it‘s been discussed in the JW threads before, but a JP/JW series would be totally pointless since they couldn‘t include dinos :shrug_oh_well: Unless every character comes with a different baby velociraptor :head_back:

Oh yes! You are right - we did discuss about that CMF idea last year. Agreed, it would completely pointless if any large dinosaur parts are included separately in these blind bags. Some parts are pretty oversized to fit in bags. I think any baby dinosaur variants or small-sized dinosaurs would be great. Oh well.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Dang it, now you‘ve put this idea into my head :laugh_hard: Up until now, my picks would have been Disney S3 and HP S3 without a shadow of a doubt, but I would readily sacrifice either of them for an Indy series :drool: Though since Indy‘s a Disney IP now, it would have to replace Disney S3, if it were to happen.

The reduced roster of 12 could easily be filled with variants, villains, henchmen and companions. Fingers crossed!!

I will join you in a finger-crossing club!

On 7/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Lego-fire said:

I’m betting on Vidiyo being retired by next year (as much as I love it) so no more Bandmates after s2. 
There are so many Marvel things in Q4 of 2021 and lots more in early 2022. I bet there’ll be another CMF in June 2022 or so. Plus series 22 and as FB3 is coming out , maybe HP series 3 or something off-kilter like Avatar series 1 or Indiana Jones. 

I've been hoping Lego does something Avatar-related, but they didn't approve the set with Appa that was on idea. That gives me little hope for Avatar. :sceptic:

Concerning numbers, I cannot see them changing back to 16 from 12 for 'regular' series (although they are not really regular any more!) Why  change for just one series? And licensed ones will be as big as LEGO need / want them to be, not following any standard.

20 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I've been hoping Lego does something Avatar-related, but they didn't approve the set with Appa that was on idea. That gives me little hope for Avatar. :sceptic:

Idk that’s making me think they have something in development? 

On 7/17/2021 at 9:00 PM, BrickHat said:

I think it's because of LEGO and Nickelodeon having no interest in another licensing partnership.

Considering the January series, whatever that is, must be already on production, I really doubt they have time to change it back to 16, even if they wanted

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering the January series, whatever that is, must be already on production, I really doubt they have time to change it back to 16, even if they wanted

Production starts 3 months before release. So very small window if they want to change it to 16. Although saying that, LEGO saw this coming before the public announcement so they would have a little extra time. It’s anyone’s guess now.

For me, the Marvel CMF ranks really low in terms of interest

Baby crocodile and the new female hairpieces are the only pieces that I would like the get

Wish the frog thingy didn't have the hammer molded into it. It would be perfect for a plush

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Baby crocodile and the new female hairpieces are the only pieces that I would like the get

Wish the frog thingy didn't have the hammer molded into it. It would be perfect for a plush

I agreed. I really don’t care about Marvel CMF that much. However, I would pick Zombie Capitan America because it has Halloween theme and that baby crocodile. Nothing else.  

Captain Carter for that nice '40s hair piece, zombie Capt. because zombie. The Lokae are "maybes", and only for the animals. Call me when we're getting X-Men.

I've pointed it out before, but I'll do so again here. White Vision would be a good addition to an updated Unitron theme.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Same here. I think I saw two parts that I might get but otherwise I'm out. I'm not sure who most of the costumes are, unlike the DC series.

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Baby crocodile

Me too, but I am happy we got the croc, was not expecting anything I had any use for from that series :sweet:

Umm so this marvel series is releasing in October so is there going to be another earlier series? I say this as this site had an interview with the Minifigure design team where he mentioned “they gave us an exclusive sneak peek at 6 minifigures from the upcoming LEGO Minifigures theme in September” :shrug_confused:

Edited by User5346

This baby crocodile would be perfect for Steve Irwin-styled minifigure.

Seriously, I need it to happen!

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Me too, but I am happy we got the croc, was not expecting anything I had any use for from that series :sweet:

Agreed!

7 minutes ago, User5346 said:

Umm so this marvel series is releasing in October so is there going to be another earlier series? I say this as this site had an interview with the Minifigure design team where he mentioned “they gave us an exclusive sneak peek at 6 minifigures from the upcoming LEGO Minifigures theme in September” :shrug_confused:

Well, I am from USA and I can see that it will be released on September 1st on Lego website. 

13 hours ago, User5346 said:

It's listed as October for Australia for some reason, but September most everywhere else. Looney Tunes also showed up in regular stores here in Oz nearly a month late, though in that case they were available on LEGO.com and from the certified stores at the same time as everywhere else. Possibly just a supply chain issue.

Personally I don't care for the Disney+ shows or characters but I find a lot to like in this MCU Disney+ series, much more general use stuff than in DC.

There are three great new textured hair pieces (Falcon Cap, Monica Rambeau, T'challa Star Lord), nice general new head prints including two brown ones, Old Man Luke hair in black, Captain Britain's very stylish new 40s hair, and a fair number of highly detailed Minifigure parts which are general enough to reuse in customs. Even T'challa's legs which have little boosters in the side, for example, can be reused in sci-fi or steam punk ish settings.

I warrant that besides for the baby croc there aren't many exciting general use accessories, but the great Minifigure parts and prints make up for it to me personally.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:35 PM, Robert8 said:

If the Janurary series is a licensed one, we should hear something about it soon

My bet is Series 22.

Maybe @Itaria No Shintaku can share some thoughts about it? 

I have no clues, sorry for late reply.
I would say Series 22 too, but still have no clues.

Say, we had DFB Series that are based off real-life soccer/football players, yes? And we had DC, Marvel, Harry Potter, Simpsons, Looney Tunes, Disney and Lego (including Batman and Ninjago) Movies, which all characters are  fictional.

Do we have some minifigures that based on real-life conservationists / animal scientists? Like…Jane Goodall, Steve Irwin, or Jacques Cousteau, Rachel Carson, etc? Including animal molds! :D

Of course…Lego has to ask famed conservationists/scietnists or their family members for permission. It would be unlikely for sure if Lego doesn’t go for it. 

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Say, we had DFB Series that are based off real-life soccer/football players, yes? And we had DC, Marvel, Harry Potter, Simpsons, Looney Tunes, Disney and Lego (including Batman and Ninjago) Movies, which all characters are  fictional.

Do we have some minifigures that based on real-life conservationists / animal scientists? Like…Jane Goodall, Steve Irwin, or Jacques Cousteau, Rachel Carson, etc? Including animal molds! :D

Of course…Lego has to ask famed conservationists/scietnists or their family members for permission. It would be unlikely for sure if Lego doesn’t go for it. 

Change the hair piece on CMF S.5 zookeeper and you have, for all practical purposes, a Jane Goodall minifigure. I suspect actual licensed minifigures of conservationists would be saved for a 21312-like DTC set, though "stealth" releases in the CMF line will happen at some point. LEGO already has the parts in the catalog to make a blatant "not-Steve Irwin" CMF.