r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 5/19/2021 at 6:48 AM, Grover said:

The latest Looney Tunes CMFs are foil bags.  Do we know if they are going to stick to that for the CMFs or are they moving to boxes like for the Vidiyo figures?  I'm hoping it's the foil packs since you can both feel them and get more accurate weights.  The boxes have terrible variation.

Since Looney Tunes are foil I’d assume Marvel will be foil too. It remains to be seen regarding next year though :sceptic:

On 5/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m little confused - are we talking about non-licensed CMF series next year? I mean I really have no idea what you guys discuss here. 

In that case, Lego’s 90th anniversary totally makes sense for CMF Series so it would be really neat to see classic/iconic non-licensed minifigures like BlackTron, Redbeard, King Leo, Johnny Thunder (of course we have him in Series 19), etc. But...we don’t have any solid and proper information at the moment so I don’t think it’s a good time to speculate. 

Don't attack me for saying this, but I'd like to see a Bionicle character (preferably Toa Mata Tahu) included in this series!

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Don't attack me for saying this, but I'd like to see a Bionicle character (preferably Toa Mata Tahu) included in this series!

Nah, I don’t need to attack you because I used to be a huge fan of Bioncile myself. In fact, I voted Bionicle for 90th anniversary set!

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

With the minifig scale Hero Factory Lego proved it could do better than the tired old Star Wars droids, and the clunky Exo-Force. For my needs, I'd prefer a take on the 09 Gresh, but I'd understand why Tahu would be Lego's choice. Tahu is easily the most recognizable throughout both runs, though the 08 Tahu is a bit of an outlier.

53 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nah, I don’t need to attack you because I used to be a huge fan of Bioncile myself. In fact, I voted Bionicle for 90th anniversary set!

Thanks, mate! Nice to have someone else who agrees with me on doing Bionicle in minifigure scale.

15 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

With the minifig scale Hero Factory Lego proved it could do better than the tired old Star Wars droids, and the clunky Exo-Force. For my needs, I'd prefer a take on the 09 Gresh, but I'd understand why Tahu would be Lego's choice. Tahu is easily the most recognizable throughout both runs, though the 08 Tahu is a bit of an outlier.

Yeah, Tahu is like the mascot of Bionicle. He’s really, really iconic.

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

While a fig with molded parts similar to the Hero Factory Invasion From Below figs would be my favorite way for them to do Bionicle minifigures (since it could allow for the kind of intricate molded detail and customization potential that Bionicle is known for), I doubt they'd do that in a Collectible Minifigure series. While the figs in the CMFs are incredibly varied, for the most part they tend to follow a basic head-torso-legs construction like standard minifigures, with very few exceptions. Yes, some will have a molded head or a mermaid or snake tail instead of legs, but the overall build tends to follow that formula—there hasn't really been anything like the Invasion from Below figures or even the classic Lego skeleton in a CMF series like that.

I do agree that if they were to do a Bionicle fig Tahu would be the obvious choice, as Tahu specifically and the Kanohi Hau in general are some of the most iconic characters/images from Bionicle's run.

I can’t help myself...sorry about that!

Even tho it’s too early to know, I am wondering if 2022 will have 1 regular series while two licensed series, other than Vidiyo and Super Mario. 

Of course there would be Series 22 but I think Harry Potter Series 3 and Disney Seires 3 may be likely for 2022. Please note: it’s just my speculation with no solid evidence. 

Highly doubt Marvel and Looney Tunes Series 2 will happen in 2022, in my opinion. 

My guess would be

Jan  Series 22

May Disney 3

Sep  New license or another Marvel series

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Sep  New license or another Marvel series

I’m not sure why Marvel Series should be released annually.  I mean every 2 to 3 years to release CMF series should be enough for incensed series.

Harry Potter - 2018, 2020

Disney - 2016, 2019

Maybe 2022 will give us more DC figs...

Or maybe hell will freeze over and LEGO will obtain the license to do a Star Wars CMF series...

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Or maybe hell will freeze over and LEGO will obtain the license to do a Star Wars CMF series...

I actually don’t mind DC Comic Series. I like classical comic-styled minifigures like Wonder Woman, Batman, the Flash, etc. 

I’m not sure about Star Wars CMF?

On 6/13/2021 at 8:22 AM, jonwil said:

On 6/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I actually don’t mind DC Comic Series. I like classical comic-styled minifigures like Wonder Woman, Batman, the Flash, etc. 

I’m not sure about Star Wars CMF?

A DC Comics Series 2 would suit me! Maybe include Teen Titans Go characters as a sub-series within this said series (i.e. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts in 71022 Wizarding World Series 1)?

On 6/25/2021 at 6:08 PM, MatthewRC said:

A DC Comics Series 2 would suit me! Maybe include Teen Titans Go characters as a sub-series within this said series (i.e. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts in 71022 Wizarding World Series 1)?

Teen Titan Go! That would be a great idea if Lego gonna do that DC Comics Series 2! I know what you mean. :)

Personaly, I’m not super excited about Disney+ Marvel CMF Series. It is pretty strange. So I wish it woul Marvel Comics Seires, oh well. 

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Teen Titan Go! That would be a great idea if Lego gonna do that DC Comics Series 2! I know what you mean. :)

Personaly, I’m not super excited about Disney+ Marvel CMF Series. It is pretty strange. So I wish it woul Marvel Comics Seires, oh well. 

A Teen Titans Go D2C set based on the Titans’ Tower would also be nice!

7 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Perhaps I’m getting ahead of myself, but Series 22 in January possibly/probably?

Yeah I could see that easily. But regular CMF serise may be released at random time like May or September, for example, Seires 20 came out in April 2020 while Series 19 came out in September 2019.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah I could see that easily. But regular CMF serise may be released at random time like May or September, for example, Seires 20 came out in April 2020 while Series 19 came out in September 2019.

Oh I agree, I just hope it isn't further thabn January otherwise it's a Series 19 scenario where we have to wait more than year for the next regular series. I am patient but it's a long time for regular minifigures. It just reminds me when every series was a regular series.

P.S. I would follow you back on EB but you've disabled followers on your profile.

If the Janurary series is a licensed one, we should hear something about it soon

My bet is Series 22.

Maybe @Itaria No Shintaku can share some thoughts about it? 

Edited by Robert8

21 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Oh I agree, I just hope it isn't further thabn January otherwise it's a Series 19 scenario where we have to wait more than year for the next regular series. I am patient but it's a long time for regular minifigures. It just reminds me when every series was a regular series.

P.S. I would follow you back on EB but you've disabled followers on your profile.

Ahh, you make a good point! If regular series is not scheduled to be released in Janaury 2022, waiting would make me crazy a bit. If I remember correctly, Looney Tunes series were originally rumored back in September 2020, which it was several months before the official pics. I hope we will hear some about that first of the three seires in 2022 soon.

Oh, I apologize! I forgot how to enable the followers on my profile. I don’t want some fake users  like that Kong guy to “swamp” my profile. Let me see if I can enable it. :)

EDiT: Ok, I think I enabled the followers.

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If the Janurary series is a licensed one, we should hear something about it soon

My bet is Series 22.

Maybe @Itaria No Shintaku can share some thoughts about it? 

My best bet will be Series 22 too. Even tho it’s too early, I a’m already looking forward for this regular series. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

31 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ahh, you make a good point! If regular series is not scheduled to be released in Janaury 2022, waiting would make me crazy a bit. If I remember correctly, Looney Tunes series were originally rumored back in September 2020, which it was several months before the official pics. I hope we will hear some about that first of the three seires in 2022 soon.

Marvel has been rumoured for quite some time, more so than Looney Tunes. I didn't believe Itaria at first to be honest. If Vidiyo CMF isn't around next year hopefully we should go back up to 16 minifigures a series.

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh, I apologize! I forgot how to enable the followers on my profile. I don’t want some fake users  like that Kong guy to “swamp” my profile. Let me see if I can enable it. :)

EDiT: Ok, I think I enabled the followers.

Hooray! :classic:

17 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Marvel has been rumoured for quite some time, more so than Looney Tunes. I didn't believe Itaria at first to be honest. If Vidiyo CMF isn't around next year hopefully we should go back up to 16 minifigures a series.

Hooray! :classic:

You make a good point there. Tehnically, it’s not really CMF for Vidiyo but yeah, I agree with you. I sure hope it would be 16 minifigures per series too. And the Lego Group needs to hire @Robert8 as a designer for regular CMF! :classic:

Hooray, indeed!:classic:

Edited by DBlegonerd7

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You make a good point there. Tehnically, it’s not really CMF for Vidiyo but yeah, I agree with you. I sure hope it would be 16 minifigures per series too. And the Lego Group needs to hire @Robert8 as a designer for regular CMF! :classic:

Hooray, indeed!:classic:

Of course. The minifigures are great in the Vidiyo minifigure packs but most of them don't appeal to me personally. I hope 16 minifigures is still on the table for CMFs in the future.

I’m betting on Vidiyo being retired by next year (as much as I love it) so no more Bandmates after s2. 
There are so many Marvel things in Q4 of 2021 and lots more in early 2022. I bet there’ll be another CMF in June 2022 or so. Plus series 22 and as FB3 is coming out , maybe HP series 3 or something off-kilter like Avatar series 1 or Indiana Jones. 

23 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

I’m betting on Vidiyo being retired by next year (as much as I love it) so no more Bandmates after s2. 
There are so many Marvel things in Q4 of 2021 and lots more in early 2022. I bet there’ll be another CMF in June 2022 or so. Plus series 22 and as FB3 is coming out , maybe HP series 3 or something off-kilter like Avatar series 1 or Indiana Jones. 

An Indiana Jones CMF 😍 … now that you’ve suggested it, I NEED it to happen… 

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

58 minutes ago, williejm said:

An Indiana Jones CMF 😍 … now that you’ve suggested it, I NEED it to happen… 

Hmm… Indiana Jones CMF? That actually sounds great! I am a huge fan of Indiana Jones myself. But I think Indiana Jones franchise may not have enough iconic characters to come in minifigures. We do have Indy, his companions and sidekicks. But think about it - what about villains? They were connected to Nazi or Communist parties/militaries so I don’t think Lego would include them in CMF or set tho? I really don’t mind variants of the heroes!

I would love to see Jurassic Park/World CMF but it’s 100% unlikely because there are not a lot of ionic characters to continue CMF series.