r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Will be interesting to see how it sells.

Marvel is still popular. There will surely be kids getting one or two figures. I can't imagine many adults buying complete boxes - or single blind boxes until they get a whole set. Super hero figures are rarely usefull for army building or other settings, so getting figures more than once is quite unpleasant especially for that price. A Potter series could have worked out a bit better, I guess. Most would be happy to get more than one character wearing school uniform with medium legs from different houses for example.

Edited by Gorilla94

*pretends to be shocked* GASP! We are going to get Marvel series 2? That’s GREAT! Not.

Anyways, we will see about the blind box’s for Marvel S2 and future regular / licensed series. 

And I wish it was Looney Tunes S2, not Marvel or DC honestly.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

*pretends to be shocked* GASP! We are going to get Marvel series 2? That’s GREAT! Not.

Anyways, we will see about the blind box’s for Marvel S2 and future regular / licensed series. 

And I wish it was Looney Tunes S2, not Marvel or DC honestly.

Yes, mostly because this means we'll be getting 2 disney series back to back

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes, mostly because this means we'll be getting 2 disney series back to back

To be honest I don't see a problem with Disney owning both IPs. Classic Disney characters and this Marvel superhero stuff is something completely different just like a Star wars and Simpsons Series would be. Personally I just think it is great that I can still feel for the Disney ones I want. I guess there will be at least one of the classic characters from Duckburg. And the fact I don't care about Disney's Marvel at all makes it less frustrating to boykott those blind boxes.

Edited by Gorilla94

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest I don't see a problem with Disney owning both IPs. Classic Disney characters and this Marvel superhero stuff is something completely different just like a Star wars and Simpsons Series would be. Personally I just think it is great that I can still feel for the Disney ones I want. I guess there will be at least one of the classic characters from Duckburg. And the fact I don't care about Disney's Marvel at all makes it less frustrating to boykott those blind boxes.

It doesn’t matter if these series are completely different. Two worlds are still owned by the same company. Like… 9 realms are connected by the World Tree…

I guess I will skip Marvel series 2. Unless there is my favorite character included in, i will get it, that’s it. 

3 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It doesn’t matter if these series are completely different. Two worlds are still owned by the same company. Like… 9 realms are connected by the World Tree…

I guess I will skip Marvel series 2. Unless there is my favorite character included in, i will get it, that’s it. 

Sorry, I don´t get it. Where is the problem with that? Are you worried of Lego getting so close with Disney, that they won´t produce licences from other companies at some point, or something like that?

Will be expensive with blind boxes.

18 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But it's the best company in the world. They have incredible management and they connect everything good. To be honest, I would trust Disney even if they owned USA.

42 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

But it's the best company in the world. They have incredible management and they connect everything good. To be honest, I would trust Disney even if they owned USA.

*backs away slowly*

49 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

….don’t let Disney become empire….

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

I can just see it now:

The year is 2060 - America went bankrupt back in the mid-2050's, and Disney, after buying out all their competition to become Hollywood's only movie producer, has bought the USA at auction. Let's see what a typical trip to Disney Nation starts out like with this informational video clip for all international visitors:

"Welcome to Disney Nation, folks! I'm your President for life - Mickey Mouse! As you enter the wonderful Nation of Disney, be sure to get your behavior and dress code guides! They'll come in real handy if you want to avoid the Animatronic-Weasel Police later on! Anybody not meeting the rules is gonna have to share some quality time with Prison Warden Pete, and you don't want that, do ya? Also, don't forget to get your mandatory facial-recognition scan taken with Walt Disney... we had him wheeled out of cryo-storage just for you, our very special guest! I got to go do some important government things, but remember folks: if you see anything weird, strange, or out of line with the guidelines, be sure to contact our friendly re-education desk, and we'll take care of it faster than you can say bibity-bobity-boo!"

(I think i need an aspirin. Writing in Mickey's voice gave me a headache!)

Edited by Murdoch17

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Sorry, I don´t get it. Where is the problem with that? Are you worried of Lego getting so close with Disney, that they won´t produce licences from other companies at some point, or something like that?

Very possible.

I collect Happy Meal toys (...er, used to), and McD's and DIsney have gotten quite chummy lately, and most of the promotions have been Disney. Every so often there'll be something from a different studio, like the current Mario one, but a lot of them have been related to Disney. I was excited when Disney and McD's reunited back when it was first announced in 2018, but ever since then, it's gotten pretty boring to mostly get Disney stuff rather than other ones.

3 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

My 

God

Um ahem, let’ not talk about Disney empire and start talking about CMF series here, shall we?

I am disappointd that there is another Marvel series. I was hoping there woul be another series for Looney Tunes or Harry Potter. Or a new licensed series like Sonic Hedehog or classical Barbara & Hanna or some popular video games (??) or Nickledon (too bad Lego doesn’t have rights anymore).

18 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I can't imagine many adults buying complete boxes - or single blind boxes until they get a whole set. Super hero figures are rarely usefull for army building or other settings, so getting figures more than once is quite unpleasant especially for that price.

I think you’re vastly underestimating the lengths that many adult collectors are willing to go to get a full set of blind box figures from a licensed franchise. Have you ever seen how intense some people get over vinyl figurine blind boxes? And those pretty much can never be ‘army built’. Like it or not, that’s exactly why lego chose Marvel to kick of the switch to boxes - because that know there’s already a massive fanbase who will scream ‘take my money’ without giving a damn about the usefulness of the inevitable repeats like the normal consumer base for their unlicensed series does. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am disappointd that there is another Marvel series. I was hoping there woul be another series for Looney Tunes or Harry Potter. Or a new licensed series like Sonic Hedehog or classical Barbara & Hanna or some popular video games (??) or Nickledon (too bad Lego doesn’t have rights anymore).

Well, I think it was clear that there would be one at some point. I don't see it as relevant, if it is the third of 2023 or the first of 2024. It will allways take a spot that could have been used for something in my opinion better. I'd prefer Simpsons 3 over anything else. I am just glad the Marvel series isn't the last one I can feel for and hope for some cool classic Disney characters.

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think you’re vastly underestimating the lengths that many adult collectors are willing to go to get a full set of blind box figures from a licensed franchise. Have you ever seen how intense some people get over vinyl figurine blind boxes? And those pretty much can never be ‘army built’. Like it or not, that’s exactly why lego chose Marvel to kick of the switch to boxes - because that know there’s already a massive fanbase who will scream ‘take my money’ without giving a damn about the usefulness of the inevitable repeats like the normal consumer base for their unlicensed series does. 

I am by no means underestimating their willingness. I just doubt the amount of them is big enough to compensate all the people, who stop buying cmfs in blind boxes completely.

Marvel, eh? Not surprised, I suppose, but I'd rather see a DC Series 2 first since there are still so many classic characters that they haven't made figures of yet. But, as a fan of both comics companies, I'll definitely support the Marvel line if a good work around of the boxes instead of bags is discovered. I'd prefer to see some classic comic characters over MCU/Disney + show characters, but I think I know which way the wind is blowing in that regard. As always, if the figures are good, I'll buy. If not, I'll wait until the next series.

10 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Marvel, eh? Not surprised, I suppose, but I'd rather see a DC Series 2 first since there are still so many classic characters that they haven't made figures of yet. But, as a fan of both comics companies, I'll definitely support the Marvel line if a good work around of the boxes instead of bags is discovered. I'd prefer to see some classic comic characters over MCU/Disney + show characters, but I think I know which way the wind is blowing in that regard. As always, if the figures are good, I'll buy. If not, I'll wait until the next series.

Yeah, another DC series would be cool

13 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

3 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Yeah, another DC series would be cool

Yes please...

But only when LEGO makes the inevitable switch back to bags because boxes will flop and I don't want LEGO to think it was a lack iof interest in DC that caused the flop and not the terrible idea of boxes.

On 12/31/2022 at 11:02 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Um ahem, let’ not talk about Disney empire and start talking about CMF series here, shall we?

Ok, but really? The Harry Potter franchise has...issues ( Transphobe author, Actors in franchises grooming teens, Legacy having weird cancellations) not exactly making it high on Lego's list.

Looney toons sold poorly. 

Hanna barbera are owned by Warner and they have major issues with a notable lack of direction (see Scoob! for example).

Sonic has new sets coming out so the focus is that for TLG.

Video game licensing would take longer than most as it would have to be done individually with each studio and ACTIBLIZ probably hasn't helped the cause, despite the Tallneck being very cool.

I am surprised they are making any further HP products at this point given the controversies surrounding the franchise.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

I am surprised they are making any further HP products at this point given the controversies surrounding the franchise.

I am not, but I do not think a HP series is first in line this year..