r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

When the boxes come out we’ll all have to carry little scales around and band together to make a list of weights of each figure. :shrug_oh_well:

I did this and posted weights in the Vidiyo thread, but no one seemed to care.  There's a lot of overlap between characters, so it's going to be challenging.

6 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

When the boxes come out we’ll all have to carry little scales around and band together to make a list of weights of each figure. :shrug_oh_well:

Or just to make us even more angry, Lego decides to play around with the parts so that each box weighs exactly the same amount. 

My biggest question on the shift to boxes is how are retailers going to react.  At least here in the States a large number of the retailers put them on hanging hooks in and around the checkout lines.  They often can get 10 or so on a single hook.  And you can put a lot of them on very quickly when in bags.  With Vidiyo I never saw the boxes on anywhere but a shelf with the rest of the Lego section.  If the retailers cannot put them on the hooks quickly or they take up too much space that there aren't a lot on a hook, the impulse buy factor seems to go way down on these.  You would have to be actively looking for them in order to see them.  This would likely on its own severely depress sales at retailers.  

5 hours ago, Grover said:

I did this and posted weights in the Vidiyo thread, but no one seemed to care.  There's a lot of overlap between characters, so it's going to be challenging.

I think there are a lot more people interested in the CMF line than Vidyo.

I don’t plan to invest in a scale that accurate, but I REALLY don’t plan on buying truly blind CMF’s, so if TLG is so short sighted that they don’t include some sort of code, and they decide to offer something that I desperately need for my collection, I would have to seriously consider it. 

4 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I think there are a lot more people interested in the CMF line than Vidyo.

I don’t plan to invest in a scale that accurate, but I REALLY don’t plan on buying truly blind CMF’s, so if TLG is so short sighted that they don’t include some sort of code, and they decide to offer something that I desperately need for my collection, I would have to seriously consider it. 

I did it not for the Vidiyo characters but in the case the regular line went to cardboard boxes, which it looks like it will be soon.  I agree with you that I think they should include a code or simply non-blind boxes.  Some employees at a Lego store were discussing that people will be trading a lot, or opening a full box worth and selling open figures so people could get what they wanted.

Fortunately, a scale that accurate is only $10-15.  Unfortunately, the variation in weights does not allow for discrimination of figures.  I saw a lot of ripped open boxes at Walmart for Vidiyo, which will probably be worse for a regular CMF line.  It may get so big box retailers quit carrying them due to loss.

3 hours ago, Grover said:

I did it not for the Vidiyo characters but in the case the regular line went to cardboard boxes, which it looks like it will be soon.  I agree with you that I think they should include a code or simply non-blind boxes.  Some employees at a Lego store were discussing that people will be trading a lot, or opening a full box worth and selling open figures so people could get what they wanted.

Fortunately, a scale that accurate is only $10-15.  Unfortunately, the variation in weights does not allow for discrimination of figures.  I saw a lot of ripped open boxes at Walmart for Vidiyo, which will probably be worse for a regular CMF line.  It may get so big box retailers quit carrying them due to loss.

Agreed on all points. That’s nice to hear that the scale is so affordable. I guess that’s my new backup plan, lol. 

4 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Agreed on all points. That’s nice to hear that the scale is so affordable. I guess that’s my new backup plan, lol. 

When it gets to this, I plan on buying a case, then painstakingly weighing each box with fig, and reporting weights and standard deviations here so everyone else who is nerdy can benefit. :classic:

5 hours ago, Grover said:

When it gets to this, I plan on buying a case, then painstakingly weighing each box with fig, and reporting weights and standard deviations here so everyone else who is nerdy can benefit. :classic:

That would be appreciated. 

I hope there would be a new jack-o-lantern heaadpiece  that is similar to Snowman’s head (from Series 23).

why, you may ask? It’s because Snowman’s head mold has a stud that we can put a top hat onto it. Tried to put a top hat on an existing jack-o-lantern headgear and it won’t stay there. 

And I am hoping for future series taht focus on Halloween alone. :) 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I hope there would be a new jack-o-lantern heaadpiece  that is similar to Snowman’s head (from Series 23).

why, you may ask? It’s because Snowman’s head mold has a stud that we can put a top hat onto it. Tried to put a top hat on an existing jack-o-lantern headgear and it won’t stay there. 

:pir-love:

23 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Did you miss out on series 14?

3 minutes ago, williejm said:

Did you miss out on series 14?

Nah, I didn’t miss out -I have the entire series 14 here. I just hope another Halloween-themed series that would have Monster’s Bride, Vampire Lady, Zombie Samurai, Zombie Football Player, etc etc . Just fun series rather than costumes. :) 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nah, I didn’t miss out -I have the entire series 14 here. I just hope another Halloween-themed series that would have Monster’s Bride, Vampire Lady, Zombie Samurai, Zombie Football Player, etc etc . Just fun series rather than costumes. :) 

Ah okay. And yes!

Mmm it looks like there is a rumor out there - Lord of the Rings theme coming back next year. 

I wonder if the third seires of 2023 would be for that theme…. Probably arm builders will be delighted if it happens. 

Unless the licensing situation has changed, LOTR will NOT be getting a collectible minifigure theme. When LOTR sets were available, the license held by the maker of the LOTR tabletop game meant that LEGO couldn't produce any minifig packs or the like. This is why a set like https://brickset.com/sets/9471-1/Uruk-Hai-Army has so much more brick content for the number of figs than even, say, a Star Wars battle pack.

16 hours ago, jonwil said:

Unless the licensing situation has changed, LOTR will NOT be getting a collectible minifigure theme. When LOTR sets were available, the license held by the maker of the LOTR tabletop game meant that LEGO couldn't produce any minifig packs or the like. This is why a set like https://brickset.com/sets/9471-1/Uruk-Hai-Army has so much more brick content for the number of figs than even, say, a Star Wars battle pack.

Well, I hope you get wrong there becuase I would love to see LotR CMF series. But if I’m wrong, iwill accept it. 

19 hours ago, jonwil said:

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a conflict with the action figure license, similar to with Star Wars/Hasbro. With no active action figure license these days, I would hope that would open up the door for Lego.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:24 AM, jonwil said:

I known the somewhere near me was selling this one near me because for Christmas that year I got 3 copies of that in my stocking (I was only 13 at the time, ten years ago) and a copy of this one under the tree so I had a little elf army (that later got expanded with these two)

On 9/21/2022 at 8:08 AM, Grover said:

We are counting on you. :)

36 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Greekbricks posted about it on Instagram: 

- Set: Fortnite Battle Bus 
 - Set Number: 10317 
 - Release: April 2023 
 - Price: $250 
 - Pieces: 2712 
 - Minifig: Jonsey (with arm printing) 

Battle Bus: 

Reveal hidden contents

Mike-kime-fortnite-battle-bus-concept1.j

Jonsey: 

Reveal hidden contents

fortnite-jonesy-the-first-featured.png

A Fortnite Battle Bus is rumoured, which means that Fortnite skins are a possibility for future CMF lines! 
BTW, while there are dinosaur-themed skins in the game, I cannot find any that are actual anthropomorphic dinos (just costumes), so the headphone triceratops part that leaked is not part of a Fortnite CMF. 

I wonder if Lego’s recent Dungeons and Dragons link on the Ideas site could produce something for future CMFs, given that the game often focuses on the characters. I never played D&D but did have Warhammer Quest, which was a similar concept…

For example a Wizard, Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf, other ‘Heroes’ and Dungeon villains/monsters.

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A Fortnite Battle Bus is rumoured, which means that Fortnite skins are a possibility for future CMF lines! 
BTW, while there are dinosaur-themed skins in the game, I cannot find any that are actual anthropomorphic dinos (just costumes), so the headphone triceratops part that leaked is not part of a Fortnite CMF. 

That might happen actually....

We dont know what the third 2023 series will be. And that will be the first one within boxes instead of bags

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That might happen actually....

We dont know what the third 2023 series will be. And that will be the first one within boxes instead of bags

What is the second? (The first is Series 24).