r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

I just walked across Jay’s Brick Blog and this blogger had a prediction. It got my attention - this article’s headline mentioned “ Warner Robins Multivesus Minifigure Series.

I wonder if it would be likely for it to happen?

15 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I just walked across Jay’s Brick Blog and this blogger had a prediction. It got my attention - this article’s headline mentioned “ Warner Robins Multivesus Minifigure Series.

I don’t know what that is?

48 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

[…] because it would be regional only, just like GB and DFB Series.

Don’t forget, they vowed not to release regional-specific products anymore :wink:

24 minutes ago, williejm said:

I don’t know what that is?

A screenshot of what is thought to be a Smash Bros clone with WB characters has surfaced, which is why Jay speculates there could be a CMF series based on that game.

Very far-fetched in my opinion. With only 12 minifigs, you could barely scratch the surface here, especially since a lot of WB characters already exist in minifig form :tongue:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A screenshot of what is thought to be a Smash Bros clone with WB characters has surfaced, which is why Jay speculates there could be a CMF series based on that game.

Very far-fetched in my opinion. With only 12 minifigs, you could barely scratch the surface here, especially since a lot of WB characters already exist in minifig form :tongue:

Yeah, that’s what I think that way!

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don’t forget, they vowed not to release regional-specific products anymore :wink:

Oh that’s right! Thanks for remaining!

But thats a self imposed rule

They can walk back on that whenever they want. 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’ve heard rumors on Multiversus! This is also something I’d like to see as a LEGO CMF Series!

3 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Wouldn't many of the characters rumored for multiversus be too adult for Lego? (Rick and Morty, etc.)

I think it’s just prediction.

52 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think it’s just prediction.

According to Jay’s Brick Blog, it is nothing more than a prediction. Not even a leak.

6 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

According to Jay’s Brick Blog, it is nothing more than a prediction. Not even a leak.

Exactly. It’s that blogger’s personal prediction. 

But for me, I would like to different/mixed-up characters in Multiversus Series. 

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Exactly. It’s that blogger’s personal prediction. 

But for me, I would like to different/mixed-up characters in Multiversus Series. 

And it would also be a good way to reintroduce Adventure Time and Scooby-Doo under LEGO Multiversus.

Hopefully the next series won't use unnecessary additional plastic packaging within the foil packet. This was never the case with previous series and completely unnecessary. I thought Lego were making steps to make themselves a more eco-friendly company.

38 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Hopefully the next series won't use unnecessary additional plastic packaging within the foil packet. This was never the case with previous series and completely unnecessary. I thought Lego were making steps to make themselves a more eco-friendly company.

Since those bags only appear in figures that have large moulded pieces (e.g. dolphin, centaur body) or cloth elements (capes), I assume that it is either an issue of manufacturing or a way to prevent damage. Either way, I doubt that the secondary packaging will disappear, though the plastic bags could be replaced with paper ones in future series. 

14 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Since those bags only appear in figures that have large moulded pieces (e.g. dolphin, centaur body) or cloth elements (capes), I assume that it is either an issue of manufacturing or a way to prevent damage. Either way, I doubt that the secondary packaging will disappear, though the plastic bags could be replaced with paper ones in future series.

If, that is the case, won't the thick paper make it harder to feel the pieces?

14 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

If, that is the case, won't the thick paper make it harder to feel the pieces?

Probably, but if LEGO is committed to using only recyclable materials, CMFs will likely end up being packaged in Bandmates-style boxes at some point, so the issue would be moot. 
Also (in my opinion), COVID has killed the bag-fondling method of finding desired figures, since the idea of spending an extended period of time in a store touching merchandise that countless others have handled and coughed/sneezed/breathed upon is no longer appealing! 😷

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Probably, but if LEGO is committed to using only recyclable materials, CMFs will likely end up being packaged in Bandmates-style boxes at some point, so the issue would be moot. 
Also (in my opinion), COVID has killed the bag-fondling method of finding desired figures, since the idea of spending an extended period of time in a store touching merchandise that countless others have handled and coughed/sneezed/breathed upon is no longer appealing! 😷

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the outside packet is and has always been recyclable. Probably not as easy to recycle as cardboard boxes, though, and most people might not go through the trouble.

I really think they should start giving people the option of buying a full set of figures.

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Personally I am not fussed, neither are my local toy shops thankfully.

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I hope not!

Edited by Anonknee Muss

10 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the outside packet is and has always been recyclable. Probably not as easy to recycle as cardboard boxes, though, and most people might not go through the trouble.

I am not sure, but cardboard is more obviously recyclable (also, since we saw a mock-up of a Bandmates-style box for Series 21 (before we saw the Bandmates themselves), I feel like LEGO is planning to switch over entirely at some point). 

51 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not sure, but cardboard is more obviously recyclable (also, since we saw a mock-up of a Bandmates-style box for Series 21 (before we saw the Bandmates themselves), I feel like LEGO is planning to switch over entirely at some point). 

I doubt it otherwise we would have seen it already. I think they used Series 21 just for a mock up/prototype. Well I hope so at least.

If Series 22 doesn’t have cardboard, I think we should rule it out altogether.

8 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

If Series 22 doesn’t have cardboard, I think we should rule it out altogether.

Do we know if CMFs and Bandmates are produced in the same facilities? If not, there could be a production reason why the CMF line has not moved to boxes yet. As for using Series 22 as a gauge, the cardboard supply-chain issues may slow the rollout of boxes for CMFs, so I would not take the use of bags as proof that boxes will not be used in the future. 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do we know if CMFs and Bandmates are produced in the same facilities? If not, there could be a production reason why the CMF line has not moved to boxes yet. As for using Series 22 as a gauge, the cardboard supply-chain issues may slow the rollout of boxes for CMFs, so I would not take the use of bags as proof that boxes will not be used in the future. 

Good point. 4 of the 6 City Stuntz bikes are yet to be released.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:01 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think we would’ve seen the change by now. We’ve had three or four CMF series since the Bandmates released. 

22 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I think we would’ve seen the change by now. We’ve had three or four CMF series since the Bandmates released. 

Only one, actually. CMF Series 21 released before Bandmates did and Looney Tunes overlapped with them, making the MCU series the only one to be released entirely after the Bandmates.