Sep - ??? 

I'd guess a superhero series. Either DC 2 or Mavel 2

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

So, it seems the line up next year will be

Jan -  Series 22

May - Muppets

Sep - ??? 

I'd guess a superhero series. Either DC 2 or Mavel 2

As much I love the detail on the Marvel minifigures, I'd rather it be DC's second turn or even another non-licensed series. Best case scenario another themed series like series 14 - Castle, Pirates, Space Police, Chess (like what Robert8 has designed although an entire wave dedicated to Chess, not sure it would work, maybe a full set with board would be better).

In other news, a LEGO designer listed some theme that will continue in 2023, and the CMF theme was among them

Considering he was only listing in house themes, that confirms Series 22 and Series 23 

Muppets? MUPPETS? When did this happen? :wub_drool:

Are we expecting 12 figs still? I’m hoping for : Kermit, Animal, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Beaker, Honeydew, Swedish Chef, Gonzo, Joe the Legal Weasel, Scooter and the two hecklers. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering he was only listing in house themes, that confirms Series 22 and Series 23 

That goes without saying, but he also mentioned Speed Champions. Last time I checked, TLG didn‘t own half of the car brands in the world :tongue:

4 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Muppets? MUPPETS? When did this happen? :wub_drool:

Are we expecting 12 figs still? I’m hoping for : Kermit, Animal, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Beaker, Honeydew, Swedish Chef, Gonzo, Joe the Legal Weasel, Scooter and the two hecklers. 

It’s a rumored new licensed series but yes MUPPETS! :) The rumor is, it wold be released in May 2022.

Well, we have seen Looney Tunes series, I would be sure Muppets Series would have 12 minfigures becuase of mold heads and budget. 

Also, there is already a thread for Muppets Seires. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Looking back at @Robert8 ‘s amazing ideas for CMFs, and seeing the ‘Rosie the Riveter’ figure from series V, made me realise that we have really not had much ‘diversity’ in minifigure scarf head coverings.

We had the classic, and updated bandana*, from the pirates; we had a brief appearance of a Keffiyeh in the Prince of Persia sets, and; we had Trelawney and Jack Sparrow with specific hair and scarf hairpieces.

Other than that - nothing in City. No Hijab-style scarf ever. No headscarf like the Queen might wear on a windy/bad hair day, no headscarf tying up the hair. Would certainly be a boost for some contemporary and historical diversity in figures, and CMFs would be a good place to introduce some options. 

* updated bandana at least has some more contemporary uses for those who wear headscarves, including those covering up hairloss thru’ illness, than the old style. 

If the Muppet rumours are true my twelve would be: 

1.) Kermit

2.) Miss Piggy

3.) Fozzie Bear

4.) Animal

5.) Beaker

6.) Gonzo (w/Rizzo the Rat)

7.) Swedish Chef

8.) Waldorf

9.) Statler

10.) Rowlf the Dog

11.) Sam Eagle

12.) Bunsen Honeydew

The 4th series should be another Marvel one

This is just speculation of course, but if the Marvel shows go on on Disney+, why wouldn't they release a CMF every year? They won't be able to catch up later

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Brick Clicker, there will be 4 CMF series next year! :excited: Finally, some good news today

BrickClicker’s reports almost always turn out to be correct, so I’m inclined to believe we will see four series next year. Good news indeed!

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This is just speculation of course, but if the Marvel shows go on on Disney+, why wouldn't they release a CMF every year? They won't be able to catch up later

I thought the same thing. My understanding is that subscription levels to Disney+ have far outperformed expectations in key markets so it would make commercial sense for LEGO to continue to ride that bandwagon.

In fact, it may have negotiated the licensing deal before the streaming service’s success was assured, resulting in a lower licensing cost than it would have had otherwise. So this may be a very good deal for LEGO and likely mean the retail unit price will remain unchanged - which would be good news for us.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Could be Disney 3 yeah? It’s been a little while since the last one. Your reasoning for Marvel makes sense too. One way or another it’ll likely be something Disney. :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

What if we got 2 licensed and 2 regular series next year?

We are not so lucky that we will get more than one regular a year I think :sceptic:

If they are all series of 12 figures, the overall annual total is the same as getting three series of 16 (both give 48 slots a year).

what this would mean though is that the ‘regular’ CMF series is more likely to reinforce itself round some of the mainstay themes - like unusual city and costume characters

Edited by williejm

Well, next year is shaping up to be an even more interesting year for CMFs than I had already been expecting. A week ago, I would have guessed the series would be 22, Disney Series 3 and Harry Potter Series 3. Now I’m very unsure about the latter two.

Hopefully Series 22 keeps up the quality that Series 21 had this year, as that was the best non-licensed series in years in my opinion. I’m very excited for the Muppets series and those other two series could practically be anything.

I have a feeling that one of the other series will also be a new license or series that they’ve never done before. Wild guess, but maybe they could do something with their Universal Music partnership in place of Vidiyo? (Not that I think this will happen necessarily.)

I wonder if the hype toward the Marvel series is what pushed Lego to make an entire fourth series this year. Not that they would have known this when they were planning next year’s series out obviously, but I’d wager that Marvel is one of the most popular series they’ve done to date. Maybe this is a pipe dream, but an annual CMF series representing each year’s Disney+ shows would be amazing.

As for the prospect of having four series a year, I find that very exciting. To me, it makes a lot of sense to do a series for each quarter of the year, though it will be interesting to see if stores like Target will end up having multiple series on shelves at once which already happens at some locations. What’s nice is that we’ll be getting the same number of minifigures as we would have when we were getting sixteen figure series. 

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Brick Clicker, there will be 4 CMF series next year! :excited: Finally, some good news today

4 CMF series in one year?!

I guess that explains why each series will have 12 minifigure series. 

Personally, I have doubt the 4th series will be Marvel Series 2. 

17 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Could be Disney 3 yeah? It’s been a little while since the last one. Your reasoning for Marvel makes sense too. One way or another it’ll likely be something Disney. :laugh:

Well, Disney owns Muppets and Marvel. So it would be three Disney-based licensed series in one year. 

So nah to that idea. 

I really don’t see that way if different three Sears that comes form Disney in one year (Muppet Series, Disney Series 3, and Marvel Series 2). So I have my own doubt. 

Also, I am not sure about another regular series like Seires 23 or special themed speices like Halloween theme CMF in 2015 and 40th annivaary of minfigure theme in 2018. It’s kinda a low chance. 

I don’t think Harry Potter Seires 3 will happen since there are not a lot of characters left as Madam Promfrey will show up in a new set “Hospital Wing” in January 2022.

Maybe it would be either DC or Super Mario or whatever non-Disney it would.

just my wild guess….

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I really don’t see that way if different three Sears that comes form Disney in one year (Muppet Series, Disney Series 3, and Marvel Series 2). So I have my own doubt. 

Also, I am not sure about another regular series like Seires 23 or special themed speices like Halloween theme CMF in 2015 and 40th annivaary of minfigure theme in 2018. It’s kinda a low chance. 

I don’t think Harry Potter Seires 3 will happen since there are not a lot of characters left as Madam Promfrey will show up in a new set “Hospital Wing” in January 2022.

Maybe it would be either DC or Super Mario or whatever non-Disney it would.

just my wild guess….

It’s a dizzying set of possibilities to be sure. I also don’t think we are likely to see 3 ‘Disney’ sets in a year (out of 4) , but I’m guessing 2 from different themes might be a possibility. 
I’m not a gambling man, but my bet at the moment would be 

Series 22

Muppets

And then two out of 

DC2 /in-house theme /Disney 3

It would be 2.5 years since DC series 1 if DC gets a second wave later into in 2022.

DC is plausible me thinks. A marvel wave every year seems a bit too often.

23 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It would be 2.5 years since DC series 1 if DC gets a second wave later into in 2022.

DC is plausible me thinks. A marvel wave every year seems a bit too often.

I agree. I love Marvel, but a yearly series would likely get to be too much, (for other people haha).  Comparable to my prior frustrations when we had TLBM Series 1 and then 2, followed by DC "classics" series, It felt like we had a multiverse of Batman's and company.

I wonder if there would be a CMF series relating to 90th anniveary of Lego? 

Like we have Series 18 for 40th anniveary of minifigures 

Series 20 has a Green Brick Costume Guy with a “10” tile signaling 10th anniveary of CMF. 

But there are some classical minfigures having comeback like Jungle Explorer (Johnny Thunder) from Seires 19, along with Galactic Bount hunter (from Blacktron). Not sure about 90th anniveary of Lego.

Considering this is LEGO anniversary, and not just the minifigure, I'd say a special set would be better