r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

I am not sure if it’s a good timing to post a question but anyway…..

Do you know when leak season will usually begin for the first CMF of the year?

if I remember correctly, there was an earlier or about Looney Tunes CMF back in September 2020 but that series the second CMF to be released this year (late April 2021). 

If there is no rumor at this point about the January wave, then it can only mean it's Series 22

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If there is no rumor at this point about the January wave, then it can only mean it's Series 22

That's what the same source that brought us the other 2022 set lists said anyway :wink: I thought that was reported in this thread as well, but apparently not :shrug_oh_well:

On 8/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, Robert8 said:

If you think about it, if this 6-pack turns out to be successfull, it can become its own thing. 

6-minifigures pack with licensed characters with CMF budget. Like premium character packs from licenses. If they all belong to a license, it makes more sense to sell them together as they all are from the same movie, TV Show, franquise, etc...

And the regular CMFs can still be bags. Regular CMF dont really belong together because they are random characters (except Series 14). So this 6 pack box dont really work for them

They aren't really CMF budget though, they are six times the price (for six times as many figures). That removes the impulse buy from the product. 

I can understand them selling a pack of six known figures, essentially a big battle pack. Then you can buy two packs of six to get a complete set.

What would people do if they needed just 1 or 2 figures? I doubt they'd want to buy a whole random box at 6x the price hoping to get the right figure in their selection. If they are not also sold individually it might put people off.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

You make a good point.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

They aren'Then you can buy two packs of six to get a complete set.

I don’t think so. I mean, what if I would end up getting duplicated minifigures to “complete” the series? It happened to me with “6-pack” Looney Tunes and I got 3 duplicatd minifiugres TWiCE in a 6-pack order. 3 Road Runners and 3 Petunia Pigs. How fun…

I don't think LEGO wouldn't do a YouTuber series ever. They rarely do celebrity figures in general. I think it's because they're real people, and if one of them does something horrible, then LEGO is tied to them.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That's what the same source that brought us the other 2022 set lists said anyway :wink: I thought that was reported in this thread as well, but apparently not :shrug_oh_well:

Where can I see that list? I missed it

1 hour ago, just2good said:

I think it's because they're real people, and if one of them does something horrible, then LEGO is tied to them.

Exactly. If actors do or say something horrible, it‘s easy for TLG to distance themselves because the minifigs are based on the characters the portray. Youtubers on the other hand could prove to be ticking time bombs, so TLG would have to be EXTREMELY careful when selecting safe ones. You‘d be a good choice though :grin: 

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Where can I see that list? I missed it

The list was posted by LWC on the Russian messenger VK a while ago. They’re not the only source though, Jedijacpenguin has added some of the sets to their 2022 list as well. I’d go with the latter’s list as it’s a bit easier to find :wink:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The list was posted by LWC on the Russian messenger VK a while ago. They’re not the only source though, Jedijacpenguin has added some of the sets to their 2022 list as well. I’d go with the latter’s list as it’s a bit easier to find :wink:

Thanks!

I made a thread for Series 22 

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks!

I made a thread for Series 22 

Perfect timing for my prediction! I knew there would be a leak season for the first series of year 2022! Even tho, it’s just a set list for 2022. :)

Ok, during Q&A interview with Matthew Ashton, he said his “dream” licensed CMF is on the way for 2022 but he doesn’t say more than that. 

I wonder what that series could be? Seasame Street? Muppets? Indiania Jones? 

Anyways, I think it may be 12 minifigure slot if Lego invest heavily in head molds for Seasame Street or Muppets. You could see several new head molds for Seasame Street and Winnie the Pooh sets…. AND Looney Tunes, Disney & Simpsons Series. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Hm, while a new licensed CMF series does sound intriguing, this also means that either Harry Potter S3 or Disney S3 got the axe… or both of them :sad:

Time to check Ashton’s IG account to see what franchises he’s a fan of :devil: …besides MLP of course, that one can safely be ruled out :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hm, while a new licensed CMF series does sound intriguing, this also means that either Harry Potter S3 or Disney S3 got the axe… or both of them :sad:

Time to check Ashton’s IG account to see what franchises he’s a fan of :devil: …besides MLP of course, that one can safely be ruled out :tongue:

Yeah it does sounds like to me HP S3 or Disney S3 may have axe too. 

MLP?

I think Ashton is a fan of classic pop cultures, is he?

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

MLP?

My Little Pony. It‘s owned by Hasbro, so its chances are in the toilet from the get-go :wink:

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think Ashton is a fan of classic pop cultures, is he?

I think so. Maybe another classic cartoon franchise owned by WB? He also seems to be a fan of Stranger Things, which would be excellent :wub_drool:

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but there‘s a theory on IG what that IP might be: the Muppets :sweet: If that‘s true, then it‘s bound to replace Disney S3. Fingers crossed it‘s true :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Muppets CMFs ?!

I imagine it will be like The Simpsons: all the budget will go to molded heads, so no new accesories

I hope it's true. That would be an interesting wave to see. Nice

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but there‘s a theory on IG what that IP might be: the Muppets :sweet: If that‘s true, then it‘s bound to replace Disney S3. Fingers crossed it‘s true :thumbup:

Is this theory based off the fact Matthew Ashton said a CMF series based off one of his favourite things is coming next year?

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah i have a same thought too! 

Wait, is that your theory that Disney S3 would be replaced by that rumored Muppets series?

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Is this theory based off the fact Matthew Ashton said a CMF series based off one of his favourite things is coming next year?

I have no idea what exactly this theory is based on. All I know is that Tandnbricks and Hjtproductions over on IG have both hinted at it :shrug_oh_well:

52 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait, is that your theory that Disney S3 would be replaced by that rumored Muppets series?

If the Muppets speculation actually pans out, Disney S3 would be a bit overkill since the Muppets are a Disney property :classic: There‘s nothing saying there can‘t be two series from the same company in the same year (in fact, it happened in 2020), but it seems pretty unlikely to me in this instance

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If the Muppets speculation actually pans out, Disney S3 would be a bit overkill since the Muppets are a Disney property :classic: There‘s nothing saying there can‘t be two series from the same company in the same year (in fact, it happened in 2020), but it seems pretty unlikely to me in this instance

OH! Now that makes sense - I totally forgot that Muppets is a Disney property. 

I think you make a great point.

Hmm. I appreciate it’s all speculation at the moment, but were a ‘Muppets’ CMF to happen, I would expect it to include Muppets, Sesame Street and maybe even other characters like the Fraggles*. That would be in keeping with how the Disney CMFs operate, and allow them to reuse some of the existing moulds made for the Sesame Street set. Of course Licensed series can also have a varying number of slots, and indeed a varying number of series. To that end - worth watching if this seems to be a ‘standalone’ ‘complete’ series (arguably like Looney Tunes) or one setting up for another (as the Simpsons and Disney definitely did). 

* and yes, this may be wishful thinking, but I’m an optimist like Boober. 

My 12 would be:

1. Kermit

2. Miss Piggy

3. Fozzie

4. Gonzo

5. Swedish Chef

6. Rowlf the Dog

7. Animal

8. Sam Eagle

9-10. Dr. Honeydew and Beaker

11-12. Statler and Waldorf

But unfortunately that leaves out the Electric Mayhem other than Animal

Doing more Sesame St stuff would be good (they could include the characters that are popular in the show but didn't get made for the Ideas set like The Count or Grover or Telly or that newer character with the magic wand (who's name I don't know)

Matthew Ashton has hinted that we may be seeing a frog minifigure. If the Muppets rumour is true, that would be Kermit.

I doubt that S22 would include a frog costume guy the same year as a Kermit minifigure. It’s not impossible but seems unlikely.