r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

11 hours ago, cosmic said:

I recently noticed this and thought it was odd. All the mini figures in the DC Series came within other bags and I was confused. I thought I somehow got a knock off brand? I didn’t realize when Lego began to do this and thought it only made sense for like cape pieces maybe.

I vaguely recall reading something about the parts being made in different factories so the ones that are bagged inside the bag were made somewhere else, packaged together in the inner bag, and sent to a second location to be included in the main minifigure package.

1 hour ago, mscott71 said:

I vaguely recall reading something about the parts being made in different factories so the ones that are bagged inside the bag were made somewhere else, packaged together in the inner bag, and sent to a second location to be included in the main minifigure package.

That’s because the capes and similar items are made elsewhere, so everything but the capes are packaged into the plastic bags.

It just seems like a waste of plastic and I remember a time when Lego sold figures in one bag and thats the standard CMF pack. I can’t say the extra packaging has had any impact other than using more plastic. 

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That’s because the capes and similar items are made elsewhere, so everything but the capes are packaged into the plastic bags.

Which is very concerning regarding the recent Marvin the Martian leaked figure

To anyone still holding out hope for 16 figures in the Marvel CMF, you should know that the Looney Tunes series will apparently have 12 figures, so it seems like the figure reduction is here to stay. (See Looney Tunes thread).

Not sure if everyone knows, there is a rumor that Marvel Series would be based on Disney+ TV shows.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not sure if everyone knows, there is a rumor that Marvel Series would be based on Disney+ TV shows.

Jesus Christ....  

That means they might be a Marvel CMF every year.... :distressed:

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Jesus Christ....  

That means they might be a Marvel CMF every year.... :distressed:

As much as I am a sucker for Marvel, it would be disappointing to finally get Marvel CMFs and have them all focused on Disney Plus series instead of filling the many empty spots in the MCU lineup. But hey, a yearly Marvel CMF, one can dream...

Edited by BrickHat

12 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

As much as I am a sucker for Marvel, it would be disappointing to finally get Marvel CMFs and have them all focused on Disney Plus series instead of filling the many empty spots in the MCU lineup. But hey, a yearly Marvel CMF, one can dream...

Eh, i’m not really looking forward for MCU-based or Disney+ Series. Personally, I prefer comic-based characters over MCU and Disney+. 

If that is a yearly Marvel CMF Series, well...that’s good, I guess. 

13 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Eh, i’m not really looking forward for MCU-based or Disney+ Series. Personally, I prefer comic-based characters over MCU and Disney+. 

If that is a yearly Marvel CMF Series, well...that’s good, I guess.

Oh yes, that's also true. Marvel's comic-based minifig selection is sorely lacking.

I just wish we got more X-Men stuff (or some Fantastic Four stuff)

That and I still want to add Hawkeye to my collection...

It looks like Marvel/Disney+ CMF series have a list of characters already. It’s in Maraavel thread. 

I’m little ocnfsued - are we talking about non-licensed CMF series next year? I mean I really have no idea what you guys discuss here. 

In that case, Lego’s 90th anniversary totally makes sense for CMF Series so it would be really neat to see classic/iconic non-liecnesed minifigures like BlackTron, Redbeard, King Leo, Johnny Thunder (of course we ahve him in Series 19), etc. But...we don’t have any solid and proper information at the moment so I don’t think it’s a good time to speculate. 

Yeah, it isn't licensed

I wonder if this will be the actual CMF S22 or an extra series or something

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, it isn't licensed

Great news, have no interest in Marvel anyway :devil:
Maybe it is a series with every fig has animals as accessory :tongue: At least would not be surprised if one got a sheep or two..

This thread is about to become a mess 

Wish there was already a specific thread for this set, because this clearly isnt a CMF

53 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Wish there was already a specific thread for this set, because this clearly isnt a CMF

Done!

This is no longer the thread to discuss the Everyone is Awesome set. There is now a dedicated thread, linked above.

Please continue to use THIS thread for its original purpose, discussing upcoming CMF lines.

The latest Looney Tunes CMFs are foil bags.  Do we know if they are going to stick to that for the CMFs or are they moving to boxes like for the Vidiyo figures?  I'm hoping it's the foil packs since you can both feel them and get more accurate weights.  The boxes have terrible variation.

I have been wondering about Lego’s 90th anniveary. I would assume that Series 22 may be anniversary set, just like Serises 18 for minifigures’ 40th anniveary. 

Of course, we don’t have any solid evidence to support this... I guess, we will wait and see about 2022 CMF plans (of course, it’s toooooo early to discuss tho!). 

I’ll have to think about quitting CMFs if they make another whole series of costumes...

Here’s hoping they think of something more creative for a new anniversary series. 

17 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I’ll have to think about quitting CMFs if they make another whole series of costumes...

Here’s hoping they think of something more creative for a new anniversary series. 

Sure that’ your decisions o quit CMF but, personally, I don’t mind costumes. On other hand, I’m not sure how i feel about anthropomorphic minifigures (take a look at Vidiyo). 

Right now, we will see about new anniveary sries next year!