r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

8 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I think it's a real shame that when we finally get a Marvel CMF, the series are now limited to 12 characters. As others have mentioned, I fully expect Lego to assign a significant fraction of those slots to characters we have gotten previously.

They aren't limited to 12. LEGO has chosen to do a series of 12 for the in-house CMF theme. LEGO can choose how many characters can be in any series. They broke the 16 characters in a theme pattern long ago with Team GB then again across multiple licensed themes, going higher than 16 when they wanted to. 

20 hours ago, MAB said:

LEGO made a statement that it was unintentional for HP2. However, I have heard it is happening a lot also with S21 that people are not getting three complete series and sometimes do not get a particular character at all. I have also heard of people not getting 36 in a "sealed" box - once 37, and two times I have heard of 35 in the box. It is complicated by the fact that "sealed" boxes are not actually sealed.

Yes the box was not "sealed" it had a big gap in one of the sides. But when I counted the different figures I have 5 jaguar man and 4 horse girl 0 shipwreck guy and 3 of everyone else. I can live with it but it would be nice to get at least one of each, kind of the point of buying a box :sweet:

8 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I'll be happily surprised if they go back to 16 for the Marvel series. I won't assume that, though. Would rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed!

That’s the way I will look at it. With everything up in the air, we can’t be unrealistically optimistic.

With the Marvel Advent Calendar coming this winter the CMFs really feels more redundant. Marvel fans must be on heaven though 

But why would they release both almost back to back? 

Also, I wonder if the Advent Calendar will be relesed every year. It seems like they are going with the SW kind of the advent calendar with christmas versions of regular characters instead on based it on actual scenes like the Harry Potter one. Which suggest they are going for the long run here

So there will be Marvel Advent Calendar? 

I can’t imagine what Marvel super heroes will look like in Christmas sweaters or Iron Man with antlers or Captain America with eggnog cup or Black Widow with an elf hat or Thor with Santa’s hat or Thanos with Rudolph’s flashy red nose.

Like @Robert8 asked, WHY they release CMF and advent calendar at about same tiem?! It bothered me a bit....

On 1/29/2021 at 8:38 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Like @Robert8 asked, WHY they release CMF and advent calendar at about same tiem?! It bothered me a bit....

Pandering for money I suppose....

On 1/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

It will be 100% unlikely to happen but I think Lord of the Rings/Hobbits CMF Series would be neat to collect after several years since the last release of Middle-Earth sets.

Moniker Kid has so many new pieces. HarryPotter has so many new printing and pieces. Star Wars has been remaking over years. 

I think new helmets, new molds, improved printings would be great for Middle-Earth figures.

Just saying. :) 

Oh I wish it was too. Dimensions had bought it back and in my opinion they butchered what could have been great. They had shown they could make new moulds so to replace Gollum they could have made Sauron for example.

But Marvel it is and I am happy with that. But will it be based off of the MCU or the comics?

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

2 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Oh I wish it was too. Dimensions had bought it back and in my opinion they butchered what could have been great. They had shown they could make new moulds so to replace Gollum they could have made Sauron for example.

But Marvel it is and I am happy with that. But will it be based off of the MCU or the comics?

My guess is Comics just like the DC one was. And since most of the sets coming out will be Avengers it coincides well.

Most remaining MCU character variants (at minifig scale) wouldn't require much in the way of new molds, and certainly those few molds wouldn't put any strain on the main theme's budget. A comic based CMF seems plausible.

My current favorite Marvel comics character, whom I still hope will make a MCU debut, would need one these robes in dark blue, with printing.

15 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Most remaining MCU character variants (at minifig scale) wouldn't require much in the way of new molds, and certainly those few molds wouldn't put any strain on the main theme's budget. A comic based CMF seems plausible.

My current favorite Marvel comics character, whom I still hope will make a MCU debut, would need one these robes in dark blue, with printing.

Who would you say would be in the series then?

Both the TLBM and DC CMF series had characters we hadn't otherwise seen (e.g. Cheetah, Bat Mite, Bumblebee, Clock King, Wonder Twins, Eraser, Calculator guy and probably some I missed). Hopefully the Marvel CMF does the same (although if they put Hawkeye in the series I wouldn't be upset since that's one Marvel character that I have yet to obtain for my collection that I really want)

In terms of new characters, Gambit would be nice, as would Professor X or any of the Fantastic Four. Or in the MCU itself, how about Odin or Heimdall or even Howard Stark?

On 2/1/2021 at 7:37 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

My guess is Comics just like the DC one was. And since most of the sets coming out will be Avengers it coincides well.

Comics is my guess as well.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, jonwil said:

In terms of new characters, Gambit would be nice, as would Professor X or any of the Fantastic Four. Or in the MCU itself, how about Odin or Heimdall or even Howard Stark?

I would love to see Professor X in wheelchair in that CMF series.

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Comics is my guess as well.

I would love to see Professor X in wheelchair in that CMF series.

I'd mostly likely buy that minifigure just for the wheelchair to be honest.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

9 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I'd mostly likely buy that minifigure just for the wheelchair to be hones

Agreed! We have a bike in Series 19,it’s pretty big one. It would be neat to have wheelchair for that Minifigure. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

31 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed! We have a bike in Series 19,it’s pretty big one. It would be neat to have wheelchair for that Minifigure. 

Also considering the Space Police Guy in Series 21 consists of 12 pieces plus 4 spare pieces (16 total!) it seems totally plausible we will see a minifigure with less pieces but with a wheelchair.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

With the cmf for the Vidiyo theme having a box packaging, do you guys think that from now on all the cmfs will have the same packaging? 

I really, REALLY hope not. But hopefully if they do try that, enough people will stop buying them for Lego to reverse it.

1 minute ago, BigGuy4U said:

I really, REALLY hope not. But hopefully if they do try that, enough people will stop buying them for Lego to reverse it.

My thoughts exactly.I don't like cmfs in general but I will like them even less if they introduce box packaging. 

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

How many series are there this year? 

Series 21, Looney Tunes, Marvel +2 VIDIYO Bandmates series

On 2/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, Robert8 said:

Series 21, Looney Tunes, Marvel +2 VIDIYO Bandmates series

Wow, didn’t realise there were so many. Hope I’ll be able to go to stores and feel the packets soon- it’s annoying just ordering random ones/ paying more for an open pack. 

12 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Wow, didn’t realise there were so many. Hope I’ll be able to go to stores and feel the packets soon- it’s annoying just ordering random ones/ paying more for an open pack. 

I know at least one store in the UK actually feel them and sort them into brown paper bags and you ask the assistant at the till which ones you want. No customer feeling required (even though I enjoy doing it myself).