r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well... there goes that I guess :sceptic:

Time to look forward to 2022

We are only on Jan 12th and this theme has already ended for me this year. Kind of sad in a way haha

I’m kind of with you on that one. Looney tunes doesn’t interest me at all and it’s not very often I buy a flesh minifigure from a CMF (I of course made exceptions with the DC series :tongue:
If I do buy a Marvel Minifigure, it’ll be for parts.

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I’m kind of with you on that one. Looney tunes doesn’t interest me at all and it’s not very often I buy a flesh minifigure from a CMF (I of course made exceptions with the DC series :tongue:

Yeah...  don't see myself being interested in a Marvel minifigure. I dont think I can name 5 characters from the MCU

And the Looney Tunes will probably be the Simpsons or the Mickey gang: huge molded heads with little or none torso or leg printing

I really hope the Janurary wave will be Series 22

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah...  don't see myself being interested in a Marvel minifigure. I dont think I can name 5 characters from the MCU

And the Looney Tunes will probably be the Simpsons or the Mickey gang: huge molded heads with little or none torso or leg printing

I think at this point one regular series a year is a fairly safe assumption for the foreseeable future.

Also, didn't know you weren't that much into Marvel. Guess you're more of a DC/Batman person?

3 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I think at this point one regular series a year is a fairly safe assumption for the foreseeable future.

Also, didn't know you weren't that much into Marvel. Guess you're more of a DC/Batman person?

I know some Marvel lore, but its more XMen and Spiderman for me rather than the MCU (but I don't like MCU's Spiderman at all)

And yeah DC is more my thing.

Edited by Robert8

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I use mainly fleshies in my MOCs, so I like fleshie CMFs if they have decent heads and hands. But the problem with superheroes is the masks or other weird face prints. I think the DC one had maybe two unique plain-ish fleshie heads and they were not that different to existing ones. And most wear something on their hands so they don't even have fleshie hands that can be reused.

I guess I'll be the weirdo who is actually excited for Marvel, lol. I'm curious about how this, and Looney Tunes will shape up.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

I use mainly fleshies in my MOCs, so I like fleshie CMFs if they have decent heads and hands. But the problem with superheroes is the masks or other weird face prints. I think the DC one had maybe two unique plain-ish fleshie heads and they were not that different to existing ones. And most wear something on their hands so they don't even have fleshie hands that can be reused.

I feel your pain. I am patiently waiting for yellow-skinned superheroes but I am very doubtful that it will happen.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I hope it's a comic based series to be honest, the parts will have more versatility I reckon.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Me too. I hope they don't make us wait until May or even worse September :cry_sad:

Edited by Anonknee Muss

I have to say following this thread for a little while (and not posting much) I am glad the 3rd series is a Marvel series.  I never was a Nintendo person so the Super Mario has no appeal to me.   There are so many different directions that Lego can go with the characters that they choose especially given the size and strength of both the MCU and Marvel comics.  This series has the potential to be several series and still not even cover the tip of the iceberg in terms of characters.  Given the shear number of characters I cannot see this set being less than 16 figures.  More likely this series could be either 18 or 20 figures.  This would allow for either 3 or 2 complete sets in a box depending on if they are the 36 figure boxes or the 60 figure box.  I hope they do a mix of well known characters and some less familiar ones. If they do I wonder if we will get a Howard the Duck figure?

On 1/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, Robert8 said:

Well... there goes that I guess :sceptic:

Time to look forward to 2022

We are only on Jan 12th and this theme has already ended for me this year. Kind of sad in a way haha

Like the DC Series (and for that matter, Harry Potter/Wizarding World), I'm rather apathetic about a Marvel CMS for the same reasons, as playsets can easily offer the same characters/figures that a CMS would be offering, so I see it all as pretty pointless. On the other hand, while I have no attachments to any of the properties that the brand offers, a Nintendo CMS would've been much more worthwhile for the same reasons Disney Series 1 & 2 have been.

That pretty much sums it up for me. There is nothing in the DC series that couldnt have been released in a set

Look at the list of Marvel sets coming (around10!). Why would they need a CMF line to get +12 characters? 

For me, this CMFs (DC and Marvel) are just an excuse to keep releasing repetitive and below average quality characters in sets. 

If they know the Marvel minifigures have such a strong appeal, just give them a bigger pice from the sets budget 

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That pretty much sums it up for me. There is nothing in the DC series that couldnt have been released in a set

Look at the list of Marvel sets coming (around10!). Why would they need a CMF line to get +12 characters? 

For me, this CMFs (DC and Marvel) are just an excuse to keep releasing repetitive and below average quality characters in sets. 

If they know the Marvel minifigures have such a strong appeal, just give them a bigger pice from the sets budget 

I know, a lotta people see the Collectable Minifigure theme just as a means to acquire higher-quality figures that playsets can't offer, whereas I see the theme as an opportunity to acquire characters and/or archetypes that playthemes/playsets at the moment can't offer at all regardless of quality.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Obviously TLG is pushing for the CMF theme to become only-licensed. For instance, Whitefang didn't get a Series 20 box to review. He did get a Harry Potter Series 2 box. And now he won't get a Series 21 one. With that kind of stuff, they are shooting the regular series in the foot from the get go.

But at least they could try other themes for the CMFs. Like you said, Nintendo would have been nice as minfigures. Heck, even Disney 3

Edited by Robert8

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Obviously TLG is pushing for the CMF theme to become only-licensed. For instance, Whitefang didn't get a Series 20 box to review. He did get a Harry Potter Series 2 box. And now he won't get a Series 21 one. With that kind of stuff, they are shooting the regular series in the foot from the get go.

I sure hope they aren't, but given how lackluster Series 20 turned-out to be in spite of its significance (twentieth CMS, tenth anniversary of the theme and all), I sorta felt they'd given-up on unlicensed CMS until Series 21 came along; so, for now, I'm taking that as a signifier that they're committed to keeping them around? :shrug_confused:

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But at least they could try other themes for the CMFs. Like you said, Nintendo would have been nice as minfigures. Heck, even Disney 3

Heck yes to Disney Series 3, because you can go much further with that subtheme than Marvel or DC can offer before it starts becoming redundant. Plus, what further Disney CMS can offer has much broader, diverse appeal to many more interest groups whereas Marvel & DC can only really pander to fans of those properties. 

And I'm so so with Disney 3. Most of the torso and legs are quite simplistic. Also, I'm afraid getting the Disney versions of certain characters will prevent them from appearing in a normal CMF series like Hades

I’m not sure how i feel about Marvel CMF serie. It may be mixed of comic and movie characters instead of the way DC Comic series had.

I guess I will wait until I see the first pictures. 

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to see Disney series 3 next year. I really wnat to add Belle and the Beast to my collection (they are my favorite characters). 

I just bought a complete box of series 21 from my local lego store and there was one figure who was not in it (the shipwreck guy with crustacian). I have bought almost all of the other boxes except for a handfull and have never had this happen before that the box do not include all figures. Is this a new selling stategy from LEGO? Has anyone else experienced this? Will this be the new norm to induce scarcity?

27 minutes ago, Snojd said:

I just bought a complete box of series 21 from my local lego store and there was one figure who was not in it (the shipwreck guy with crustacian). I have bought almost all of the other boxes except for a handfull and have never had this happen before that the box do not include all figures. Is this a new selling stategy from LEGO? Has anyone else experienced this? Will this be the new norm to induce scarcity?

It was done intentionally with Harry Potter Series 2 apparently but that shouldn’t be happening with Series 21. 

There should be 3 of every minifigure in a sealed box of Series 21 minifigures.

LEGO made a statement that it was unintentional for HP2. However, I have heard it is happening a lot also with S21 that people are not getting three complete series and sometimes do not get a particular character at all. I have also heard of people not getting 36 in a "sealed" box - once 37, and two times I have heard of 35 in the box. It is complicated by the fact that "sealed" boxes are not actually sealed.

2 hours ago, Snojd said:

I had this happen with the Disney 2 CMF series.  I bought a sealed box, and it didn't have any of the Dale figures.  It did however, have 8 Chip figures.  The rest of the set had the correct distribution of the characters.  The series 21 box that I found sealed had 3 complete sets, but two of the figures ended up being under the rest of the figures.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:00 AM, Robert8 said:

While I am a comic book fan, I have a little trepidation about Marvel being the third CMF wave this year. I can't see Lego NOT filling it with characters we already have umpteen times over due to their popularity - would they dare put out a CMF set without Iron Man, Captain America and Spiderman, for instance? And as others have said, there are so many more characters they could give a chance to, like X-Men characters (I'd kill for a legit Lego Nightcrawler and Psylocke to name just two but we all know the X-Men will be represented by *bleeping* Wolverine), Fantastic Four, more obscure Avengers like Hercules and the Black Knight,  Daredevil, Moon Knight, Captain Britain ... the list could go on. If it's going to be just 12 figure, it's going to be difficult to include anything original or surprising. Time will tell, I guess.

1 hour ago, DarrellBricker said:

While I am a comic book fan, I have a little trepidation about Marvel being the third CMF wave this year. I can't see Lego NOT filling it with characters we already have umpteen times over due to their popularity - would they dare put out a CMF set without Iron Man, Captain America and Spiderman, for instance? And as others have said, there are so many more characters they could give a chance to, like X-Men characters (I'd kill for a legit Lego Nightcrawler and Psylocke to name just two but we all know the X-Men will be represented by *bleeping* Wolverine), Fantastic Four, more obscure Avengers like Hercules and the Black Knight,  Daredevil, Moon Knight, Captain Britain ... the list could go on. If it's going to be just 12 figure, it's going to be difficult to include anything original or surprising. Time will tell, I guess.

They will probably go the DC CMF series, where the "must be included" characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman) were cool variations, like 1st comic appearance. 

Also, we don´t know if the series will be comic or MCU focused. With the rumor of sets from the D+ shows, we could have some nice variations like black and white Wanda and Vision, etc.

I think it's a real shame that when we finally get a Marvel CMF, the series are now limited to 12 characters. As others have mentioned, I fully expect Lego to assign a significant fraction of those slots to characters we have gotten previously.

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I think it's a real shame that when we finally get a Marvel CMF, the series are now limited to 12 characters. As others have mentioned, I fully expect Lego to assign a significant fraction of those slots to characters we have gotten previously.

We don’t know for sure it is limited to 12.

6 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

They will probably go the DC CMF series, where the "must be included" characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman) were cool variations, like 1st comic appearance. 

Also, we don´t know if the series will be comic or MCU focused. With the rumor of sets from the D+ shows, we could have some nice variations like black and white Wanda and Vision, etc.

I’d place money on it being comic based, I’m pretty confident about that too.