r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

6 hours ago, sylin said:

As far as I know, undetermined. I haven't seen any proof that it will be.

I agree. I heard unofficial rumors that third series may be Marvel. Like you said, there is no solid proofs at the moment. 

On 12/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, Robert8 said:

The only theme I can think of is the Universal Music theme

But I've looking for something like an ice cream mermaid or candy mermaid on a music video but there is nothing of the sort...

Even if Ninjago is rumored to have an underwater theme.... this can be it, right? First it would be too early for S15 leaks and second.... it doesnt fit the theme at all. It's like a 180° turn 

Nothing like that is coming in LEGO IDEAS. And the next CMF line is Looney Tunes. There is no character like that in the brand

When you said Universal Music, I immediately thought of California Gurls by Katy Perry (and funnily enough it's owned by Universal Music). I just rewatched it and it's definitely not for children and no sign of an ice cream mermaid although it wouldn't be out of the ordinary in a music video like that. Despite all this, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that these Vidiyo sets will allow you to dress up your popstar minifigure? Or was that speculation I read? I can't remember. Anyway, that's my take on ice cream mermaid.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 12/31/2020 at 11:01 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree. I heard unofficial rumors that third series may be Marvel. Like you said, there is no solid proofs at the moment. 

I dare to assume a Disney 3 series including Seasame Street Characters - The moulding budget for the Ideas set would be way too generous for Lego, if they don´t use the moulds twice. They could give Ernie and Bert arm pinting then.

10 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I dare to assume a Disney 3 series including Seasame Street Characters - The moulding budget for the Ideas set would be way too generous for Lego, if they don´t use the moulds twice. They could give Ernie and Bert arm pinting then.

Disney Series 3 may not be released this year. Disney Series 1 released in 2016, Series 2 released in 2019. Maybe next year? 

Sesame Street doesn’t belong to Disney, by the way. But on your personal opinion, I think Sesame Street Series would be awesome!

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Disney Series 3 may not be released this year. Disney Series 1 released in 2016, Series 2 released in 2019. Maybe next year? 

Yeah, I think one of the leaks confirmed the third CMF is something never done before, so I'd rule out something like Disney.

I can see Disney series 3 coming out in 2022. Though has any licensed CMF gotten more than 2 series tops? 

Ah, sorry^^' Disney ownes the muppets, doesn't it?

Then I'd say we probably get a Seasame Street cmf or a line of 4+ sets. One of those things will happen. Lego would never be so generous to give us 5 exclusive moulds for one set... especially in that price range.

It was Itaria, who unfortunately is no longer with us, who said the fall series is a license never done before in the CMF theme

So, all previous licensed CMFs are ruled out

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It was Itaria, who unfortunately is no longer with us, who said the fall series is a license never done before in the CMF theme

So, all previous licensed CMFs are ruled out

Sounds like Marvel to me! I can only hope.

i read someone comment on the Ninjago thread that Vidiyo should have its own thread but I can’t find one in the Special Lego forum or the Action and Adventure so I will post my thoughts here. If a mod chooses to redirect me to the correct thread that is ok.

this new llama head is perfect! Exactly w I was asking for. People in animal suits gets tiring, seeing an actual Llama person mini figure after being told my ideas for anthropomorphic animals was a bit far fetched, this feels good. Super excited to see what else we get with this theme. Hopefully more anthropomorphic animals with exciting new head molds.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

i read someone comment on the Ninjago thread that Vidiyo should have its own thread but I can’t find one in the Special Lego forum or the Action and Adventure so I will post my thoughts here

It’s in the Licensed forum.

Okay - Disney and Harry Potter will be on hold for this year. 

We have some unofficial guesses for the third series this year. 

1.) Marvel

2.) Sesame Street

I don’t think the series will be Vidiyoa because there would be MF set for Vidiyo theme, just like Super Mario has Character Package set. 

And I highly doubt Jurassic World theme will have its own CMF series. I don’t think Star Wars will be introduced in CMF series either. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

12 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Lego would never be so generous to give us 5 exclusive moulds for one set... especially in that price range.

Normally not, but it depends on the budget it gets. Ideas set have had a low budget traditionally, some parts in new colours and a couple of printed parts and that is it. However they are so popular so maybe they have gotten a higher budget now that allow for new moulds if it is necessary :shrug_oh_well:

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It was Itaria, who unfortunately is no longer with us,

What?

36 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He left Eurobricks for good

Ok, sounded like he had died...

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Ok, sounded like he had died...

*oh2*

Oh no no no. He's still alive and kicking somewhere in Rome

Sorry for the misunderstanding

On 1/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, sylin said:

I can see Disney series 3 coming out in 2022. Though has any licensed CMF gotten more than 2 series tops? 

Yep, no licensed CMS subtheme as of yet has had three Series so far, and personally I'm hoping that honor will go to Disney, as I consider them to be most worthwhile and diverse licensed subtheme for the Collectable Minifigure theme we've had so far.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yep, no licensed CMS subtheme as of yet has had three Series so far, and personally I'm hoping that honor will go to Disney, as I consider them to be most worthwhile and diverse licensed subtheme for the Collectable Minifigure theme we've had so far.

Same. I have to agree. I feel like they haven't even covered the tip of the iceberg yet for Disney.

Harry Potter is another good one for a series 3 continuation.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I would agree with this in general. Disney has so many characters that have been untapped in minifigure form. Granted, Marvel and DC do so as well, but I guess you could argue Disney has a greater diversity of characters and settings.

On 1/1/2021 at 9:01 PM, Robert8 said:

Disney doesnt own Sesame Street

Neither does Warner Bros., who is just a partner for Sesame Workshops.

I would say the safest bet would be Marvel or Universal Music 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:48 AM, BrickHat said:

I would agree with this in general. Disney has so many characters that have been untapped in minifigure form. Granted, Marvel and DC do so as well, but I guess you could argue Disney has a greater diversity of characters and settings.

DC have a very diverse universe. It has other planets and aliens and everything

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

It will be 100% unlikely to happen but I think Lord of the Rings/Hobbits CMF Series would be neat to collect after several years since the last release of Middle-Earth sets.

Moniker Kid has so many new pieces. HarryPotter has so many new printing and pieces. Star Wars has been remaking over years. 

I think new helmets, new molds, improved printings would be great for Middle-Earth figures.

Just saying. :) 

On 1/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

It will be 100% unlikely to happen but I think Lord of the Rings/Hobbits CMF Series would be neat to collect after several years since the last release of Middle-Earth sets.

Moniker Kid has so many new pieces. HarryPotter has so many new printing and pieces. Star Wars has been remaking over years. 

I think new helmets, new molds, improved printings would be great for Middle-Earth figures.

Just saying. :) 

Yeah! Sauron is an obvious choice to be included since his minifigure was only featured in video games and never physically.

None of the other ideas that are being thrown around sound as plausible to me as a Marvel CMF. Of course that may just be my own bias, seeing as how I’m a Marvel fan, but the next few years are gonna be huge for the MCU. Lego is definitely going to want to cash in on that. Ideally, it’d have more than twelve figures and we could get some much needed variants of the marketable characters, some key characters that we’re missing, and a few based on the new Disney+ shows.

Regardless of what the third series ends up being, it’s so nice that this year will be such a refreshing year for CMFs. I think Series 21 has been received well despite its small size and, in my opinion, is the first great original CMF series in about three years. The Looney Tunes series will be interneting and I think will sell well with the hype for Space Jam 2. Heck, I don’t even like Looney Tunes and I may still try to get some of the iconic characters. And then we have the third series of ‘21, which will be a fresh, new licensed series whether or not it’s Marvel.

2022 probably won’t have much for those who want new series ideas. I’m guessing Series 22 will be first, then Disney Series 3 second, and Harry Potter Series 3 last.

15 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Yeah! Sauron is an obvious choice to be included since his minifigure was only featured in video games and never physically.

Good point! 

13 hours ago, The Stud said:

None of the other ideas that are being thrown around sound as plausible to me as a Marvel CMF. Of course that may just be my own bias, seeing as how I’m a Marvel fan, but the next few years are gonna be huge for the MCU. Lego is definitely going to want to cash in on that. Ideally, it’d have more than twelve figures and we could get some much needed variants of the marketable characters, some key characters that we’re missing, and a few based on the new Disney+ shows.

Regardless of what the third series ends up being, it’s so nice that this year will be such a refreshing year for CMFs. I think Series 21 has been received well despite its small size and, in my opinion, is the first great original CMF series in about three years. The Looney Tunes series will be interneting and I think will sell well with the hype for Space Jam 2. Heck, I don’t even like Looney Tunes and I may still try to get some of the iconic characters. And then we have the third series of ‘21, which will be a fresh, new licensed series whether or not it’s Marvel.

2022 probably won’t have much for those who want new series ideas. I’m guessing Series 22 will be first, then Disney Series 3 second, and Harry Potter Series 3 last.

Honestly, i prefer Comic-style series (just like DC Comic Series) over MCU-style ones.

But I have to say - I agree with you on Marvel part. 

I’m quite looking hoping for classical Looney Tunes figures. However, i will reserve my judgement until there is a revelation of Looney Tunes series.  

16 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Any LOTR CMF series would probably have to contain The Fellowship, so that is nine places already gone. It is getting on for almost a decade since the first sets were released, and so a CMF series is unlikely to sell well if The Fellowship are not included as new customers will not be interested if they cannot get the key characters. The LOTR Witch King is another character that would be very popular for older collectors but places may well be taken up by orcs and uruks, as they will be popular for army builders. That said, it is unlikely to happen, so barely worth thinking about!