r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 10/22/2020 at 2:52 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

Apparently the CMF coming in boxes is not a final concept it was part of a closed survey. No idea how true this is. Also apparently the guy this screenshot originated from will be kicked from the closed survey. Can anyone else confirm this? I saw this info posted by a reliable leaker on an IG story.

While I can't attest to this instance in particular, LEGO has been known to run closed "market test" surveys, and even can run market test ads in certain regions to gauge interest for products that don't even exist yet, like the recent Mindstorms car. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a packaging style they considered/are considering, but hopefully the very negative FOL community reaction to it has taught LEGO something - if anything, that image leaking has given them even more market research than they would have gotten with that one closed survey.

Something to remember is that LEGO has a stated goal of only using "green" materials in their packaging (hence the plans to do away with the polybags in the sets in favor of paper bags) so they will be looking for a way to package the CMFs that is also "green" and environmentally friendly.

...and yet in more recent times some Collectable Minifigures have been double bagged, double the plastic.  (I’m just saying)  :hmpf:

Edited by SFmuscle73

Isn't the rumour just that there is a CMF series coming, and there is a movie coming. Put them together and it is a Space Jam 2 CMF series.

It ignores - the CMF coming in May, movie not until about 10 weeks later in July.  Then will it be just Looney Tunes characters or will there be human basketball players too.

16 minutes ago, MAB said:

Isn't the rumour just that there is a CMF series coming, and there is a movie coming. Put them together and it is a Space Jam 2 CMF series.

It ignores - the CMF coming in May, movie not until about 10 weeks later in July.  Then will it be just Looney Tunes characters or will there be human basketball players too.

That's not really unusual, the Spider-Man: Homecoming sets were released 3 months before the movie came out, the initial Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker wave was released 2 months early, the Toy Story 4 sets came out 2 months early, etc. That being said, I think a general Looney Tunes CMF would sell a lot better than a Space Jam 2 CMF.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:59 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Only Marvel, Hasbro still owns those exclusive rights for Star Wars

Recently, I had a word with @Falconfan1414 on Instagram, and he told me that Hasbro’s Star Wars action figure license had become non-exclusive.

FalconFan1414 is very trustworthy, after all.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, BigGuy4U said:

That's not really unusual, the Spider-Man: Homecoming sets were released 3 months before the movie came out, the initial Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker wave was released 2 months early, the Toy Story 4 sets came out 2 months early, etc. That being said, I think a general Looney Tunes CMF would sell a lot better than a Space Jam 2 CMF.

Yes, it's not unusual unless they want to keep it a secret as to which LT characters are in it or if there is other sensitive or spoiler information (team affiliations and so on). If it is Space Jam and the LT characters are wearing basketball kits, then it is of no interest to me.

If what we get is Space Jam figs, forget it.

If we get classic Looney Tunes figs, I am all over that.

4 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Recently, I had a word with @Falconfan1414 on Instagram, and he told me that Hasbro’s Star Wars action figure license had become non-exclusive.

FalconFan1414 is very trustworthy, after all.

There have been sightings of new Star Wars action figures that are not hasbro put on the market 

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I’ll reserve judgment til I see them 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There have been sightings of new Star Wars action figures that are not hasbro put on the market 

It's nice to finally have some official confirmation of this. Now if we could only see non-hasbro Marvel figures, I'd be really happy...

On 12/9/2020 at 8:58 AM, jonwil said:

Same here.  It would be very nice to have classical Looney Tunes figures. 

But we know nothing at the moment until the revelation of the figures. 

There is a new mermaid tail on IG

But.... it's colored as an ice cream

So, an ice cream mermaid? I really didn't know where to post this :/

13 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Yea same here.Can't think from which theme it could be from.

The only theme I can think of is the Universal Music theme

But I've looking for something like an ice cream mermaid or candy mermaid on a music video but there is nothing of the sort...

Even if Ninjago is rumored to have an underwater theme.... this can be it, right? First it would be too early for S15 leaks and second.... it doesnt fit the theme at all. It's like a 180° turn 

Nothing like that is coming in LEGO IDEAS. And the next CMF line is Looney Tunes. There is no character like that in the brand

If BAM starts introducing new molds..... then this would be it for the regular CMF series

Edited by Robert8

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There is a new mermaid tail on IG

But.... it's colored as an ice cream

So, an ice cream mermaid? I really didn't know where to post this :/

I can’t even ... ?

This ice cream mermaid tail is almost certainly from the new Music theme. Found the following on instagram:

Vidiyo (coming March 2021)

43101: MF wave 1 (11 pcs.) $4.99

43102: Mermaid (71 pcs.) $19.99

43103: Pirate (73 pcs.) $19.99

43104 Alien (73 pcs.) $19.99

43105 Llama (82 pcs.) $19.99

43106 Unicorn (84 pcs.) $19.99

43107 Robot (73 pcs.) $19.99

The waffle cone pattern on the tail piece makes for an interesting effect. Can't wait to see these things unveiled.

13 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

This ice cream mermaid tail is almost certainly from the new Music theme. Found the following on instagram:

Vidiyo (coming March 2021)

43101: MF wave 1 (11 pcs.) $4.99

43102: Mermaid (71 pcs.) $19.99

43103: Pirate (73 pcs.) $19.99

43104 Alien (73 pcs.) $19.99

43105 Llama (82 pcs.) $19.99

43106 Unicorn (84 pcs.) $19.99

43107 Robot (73 pcs.) $19.99

Does it means that 43101 is not going to be part of CMF Series, right? Just like Super Mario’s MF wave?

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does it means that 43101 is not going to be part of CMF Series, right? Just like Super Mario’s MF wave?

I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess.

By the way, is the third series of 2021 (after Looney Tunes Series in May) going to be Marvel Series, right? Or is it still undetermined? 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

By the way, is the third series of 2021 (after Looney Tunes Series in May) going to be Marvel Series, right? Or is it still undetermined? 

As far as I know, undetermined. I haven't seen any proof that it will be.