r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Just now, Robert8 said:

What does classic mean? Regular?

Yep, pretty sure that's what's being suggested there... :smug: ...by the way, this here is the primary source of information:

I would be really surprised if we do not get a WW series this or next year since the first WW series was a top 10 overall best-seller for Lego in 2018 :wink:
The last series of the year is most likely I think..

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I would be really surprised if we do not get a WW series this or next year since the first WW series was a top 10 overall best-seller for Lego in 2018 :wink:
The last series of the year is most likely I think..

As previously speculated here, they might reserve a second WW Series for Fall 2021 to coincide with the theatrical release of the third Fantastic Beasts film.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yep, pretty sure that's what's being suggested there... :smug: ...by the way, this here is the primary source of information:

Yes finally something about series 20 has risen! I don't believe I have ever been this excited about a CMF series before.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What does classic mean? Regular?

Either that or some kind of anniversary set. TBH what I'd hope for would be 

.DC CMF (I don't like the idea but it seems inevitable) 

.An anniversary series (Either updated versions of series one or 1 updated version of a figure from each previous series)

.Normal CMF

My first thought was an anniversary series with ‘classic’ figs remade. But a regular non-licensed seems likely as well and that is what I will hope for until then. 

Still doesnt answer if there will be Mr. Gold 2.0 or something like it. 

3 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Still doesnt answer if there will be Mr. Gold 2.0 or something like it. 

I REALLY hope they won’t pull a stunt like that again :ugh: As you can probably tell, I’m still miffed about the Mr Gold shenanigans. The SDCC minifigs I can deal with, but the prices Mr Gold demands are beyond obscene. Might as well be made of real gold

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Aw, I had hoped for a double regular series year, but another HP series isn't terrible.

Seems like those days are over :def_shrug: If we getting 2 licensed ones anyway I am super happy if one is HP/WW, it is the only licensed series I care about :wub:

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If we getting 2 licensed ones anyway I am super happy if one is HP/WW, it is the only licensed series I care about :wub:

Hmmm, would've rather wanted to see Disney Series 3 myself; but, I suppose it's fairer this way... :def_shrug:

hp series 2 isn’t the worst possible new license cause at least the figures are detailed and I’ll be happy this time if they include more obscure characters rather than variants of the protagonists.

Still bummed we can’t get 2 regular series; I wonder why I got my hopes up :hmpf_bad:

17 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Aw, I had hoped for a double regular series year, but another HP series isn't terrible.

It is for me. I hate the HP license. Oh well money saved.

2 licensed and 1 regular series per year has been the standard for a couple of years now, so if you expected a reversal, you simply set yourself up for disappointment :shrug_oh_well:

WW series 2 made the most sense and I’m glad they chose it over a series based on a new license (like Minions :ugh:). Disney series 3 I would have been down with as well, but TLG don’t do back-to-back licensed series any more, so that one might be back in 2021 :sweet:

But that was because of the movies 

So, it was normal to expect 2 regular series next year

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But that was because of the movies 

So, it was normal to expect 2 regular series next year

Good point... However, since the movie-based series are technically licensed, the pattern still holds up :wink:

On 10/6/2019 at 8:50 AM, J4ck said:

It is for me. I hate the HP license. Oh well money saved.

I'm not really an HP fan, but some of them are useful for fleshie parts. Especially if the series sells badly and the figures are sold off cheaply.

4 minutes ago, MAB said:

Especially if the series sells badly and the figures are sold off cheaply.

I suppose you‘re alluding to The Simpsons series 2 and TLBM series 2, but I think the curse has been broken :wink: The second Disney series did well from what I can gather and WW series 1 apparently sold extremely well, so there‘s no real reason to assume that WW series 2 will sell badly :tongue: