r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

My guess is a space pirate, or otherwise variation on existing figures similar to the zombie skater. I’m not expecting another Toy Soldier, in fact I’m leaning towards more simple accessories (not a microfigure). The space pirate is optimistic but wouldn’t be surprised for a clown, or lest... a costumed figure. Especially as a ‘celebration of 10 years and 20 series’. 

A direct copy of Mr Gold would cause quite a stir. And sell a lot of books at RRP.

For those familiar with Chinese mythology and lore, what further archetypes could we see based upon such after Series 19's Monkey King? :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, BrickHat said:

How about if they go meta again? Perhaps a Lego minifigure collector? :tongue:

If they were to go meta, I'd preferably like to see a TLG Set/Product Designer myself. :wink:

13 hours ago, MAB said:

A direct copy of Mr Gold would cause quite a stir. And sell a lot of books at RRP.

I've wondered about this but more generally if we were to get a Mr. Gold rerelease. Would they get backlash from people that have it who don't want it to become less rare? I hope not. I think it would be nice if they gave more people the opportunity to complete their CMF collections. And by this point I hope that the backlash they initially received will mean that we won't ever get a CMF that is rarer than one per box. I for one would like an opportunity to complete my S10 collection, but it is likely just wishful thinking.

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If they were to go meta, I'd preferably like to see a TLG Set/Product Designer myself. :wink:

Well, I mean they did have that Mini LEGO Store set with a LEGO Store employee figure in it, so a LEGO Set Designer isn't too far-fetched.

I know there is a DC characters series rumored for January, but I just cant stop thinking on those leaked faces: the pirate and the SciFi Character (I don't really thinks that's the Bounty Hunter's face).... 

Where are they from? :wacko:

Edited by Robert8

9 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I've wondered about this but more generally if we were to get a Mr. Gold rerelease. Would they get backlash from people that have it who don't want it to become less rare? I hope not. I think it would be nice if they gave more people the opportunity to complete their CMF collections. And by this point I hope that the backlash they initially received will mean that we won't ever get a CMF that is rarer than one per box. I for one would like an opportunity to complete my S10 collection, but it is likely just wishful thinking.

There are of course ways around this. Do a slightly different face print or a slightly different torso print and the original one remains original and retains value for those that really want it. Stick the monocle on the other eye, and it is a different figure.

I cannot remember now, did LEGO ever claim the figure would be exclusive to S10 only? They have done this before with LOTR comic con figures - the figures became common, but the packaging for them was rare.

Personally, I think it has been long enough since the original that a repeat is fine. They have done it with valuable sets, so why not minifigures?

4 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

Well, I mean they did have that Mini LEGO Store set with a LEGO Store employee figure in it, so a LEGO Set Designer isn't too far-fetched.

There have been a few different store employees already, so I don't think that would be such a draw to buy the book (just for the minifigure).

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I know there is a DC characters series rumored for January, but I just cant stop thinking on those leaked faces: the pirate and the SciFi Character (I don't really thinks that's the Bounty Hunter's face).... 

The Sci-Fi one could be  from the next wave of Ninjago as the theme's meant to be Tron-like but the pirate is giving me hope, LEGO doesn't seem like they'll be reviving that theme anytime soon so a CMF seems the most likely.

What I'd hope for is

-Regular CMF

-Anniversary CMF

-Disney 2: Electric Boogaloo

30 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

What I'd hope for is

-Regular CMF

-Anniversary CMF

-Disney 2: Electric Boogaloo

We've had Disney 2!

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

-Disney 2: Electric B

1 hour ago, MAB said:

We've had Disney 2!

oogaloo

Yeah, we'd be up to S.3, but now that you've mentioned Electric Boogaloo, I wish they'd make a breakdancer CMF.

Edited by K_Tiger

Probably another Batman. They'd need to scrape the barrel pretty hard to come up with a twist on or version of Batman they haven't done yet but I have faith in TLC's Bat-addiction.
Possibly another Superman, but the Man of ABS isn't as popular it seems.

I'd hope for an updated version of one of the original pirates. A 2019 take on Capt. Roger or Bosun Willie would be neat. And it would provide an opportunity to highlight Pirate 30th anniversary on the inside cover or something. I'm desperate aren't I? :sadnew:

Edited by Masked Mini

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well, at the very least, perhaps they're just Build-A-Minifigure exclusive parts? :def_shrug: 

Alternatively, perhaps they're a part of that upcoming mysterious "Leaf" line (set numbers 71360 through 71373), which @TeriXeri had plausibly hypothesised to be a new constraction line, though there's a chance it could instead be another "big bang" theme.

5 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Woops, I meant Disn3y

Di$n3y? :-)

On 7/28/2019 at 3:53 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for this news! :classic:

Regrettably it's bad news: Is TLG crazy (of licenses) to bring a DC minifigures series?! I really think that we've now got more than enough licensed series! :thumbdown:

Please bring back at least two normal (unlicensed and unthemed) series per year!

I want unlicensed and unthemed series too... however as a big DC fan, a DC set is one I will buy completely instead of a handful of an unthemed series.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

As a step up from the exclusive Toy Solider, they oughta do a Toymaker exactly like @Robert8's design from his own Series C, paired with a microfigure Toy Solider as a callback to the previous edition of the book. :classic:

25164047227_4ea88c6c50_o.png

I would love that :D But please at least one per box :P

7 hours ago, dario2739 said:

I want unlicensed and unthemed series too... however as a big DC fan, a DC set is one I will buy completely instead of a handful of an unthemed series.

@dario2739 I am with you on this! LEGO DC Universe has finally become popular enough to spawn a LEGO CMF series! It took them seven or eight years, and it’s finally happening!

11 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

The suggestion here was that this should go with a new series 11-20 handbook, to pair with the one on the 1-10 handbook.

3 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:
On 7/31/2019 at 9:05 AM, MAB said:

Di$n3y? :-)

You just pretended that third series will be more expensive than first two.

More likely just commentary on Disney as a company.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:11 AM, MAB said:
On 7/31/2019 at 4:23 PM, Gorilla94 said:

The suggestion here was that this should go with a new series 11-20 handbook, to pair with the one on the 1-10 handbook.

Huh, I was presuming such a book would be an update of the first visual encyclopedia, acting next time as a handbook for Series 1 through Series 20. I hadn't even contemplated that it could instead be a complementary second volume. :shrug_confused:

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, I was presuming such a book would be an update of the first visual encyclopedia, acting next time as a handbook for Series 1 through Series 20. I hadn't even contemplated that it could instead be a complementary second volume. :shrug_confused:

Including the first ten series as well as 11-20 would either decrease the detail on all minifigures or increase the price. I can’t imagine them giving a full page to 320+ figures