r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

4 hours ago, julesvincent said:

It's just a mix and match of old parts though, isn't it?

Yes. No new elements or re-colours this time. But haven't checked on my own, so don't "hit the messenger" :laugh:

Lol he is making a duck face in his rubber ducky. 

The dualmoulded legs are the same as the earlier blue-yellow ones isn’t it?

8 hours ago, Borex said:

Lol he is making a duck face in his rubber ducky. 

Yes it is.

B&P Guardian at your service in J4ck’s absence.

On 10/9/2018 at 5:28 AM, Borex said:

Bright Blue and Yellow once again unfortunately. Our once hoped for Earth Blue/Yellow pair would've been nice to see for something new. :sceptic:

On 10/14/2018 at 2:23 PM, gedren_y said:

The hair looks rubbery.

It is a recolor of the hair of professor Flitwick (or something like that) and that hair is just solid lego hair. Great hairpiece, i’d like to have more of them

On 10/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, Capparezza said:

Yes. No new elements or re-colours this time. But haven't checked on my own, so don't "hit the messenger" :laugh:

Mine aren’t new.  Took the S14 spider lady straight up less the cape, a small clown with pumpkin head and axe, and a vampire mix mold from what I don’t remember. Seems to be somewhat randomly put together since mine are different from the pics posted, but I didn’t buy them the wife did.

The witch from that 3-pack is used on S@H to advertise all their new Halloween sets: NBC brickheadz, Ghostbuster brickheadz and GB firestation. She got me all hopeful there were new specific sets, but alas.

8 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

The witch from that 3-pack is used on S@H to advertise all their new Halloween sets: NBC brickheadz, Ghostbuster brickheadz and GB firestation. She got me all hopeful there were new specific sets, but alas.

Huh

What an odd choice...

Halloween--201810--gl--2-up-tall-tout-foreground?$Tout2UpTallForeground$&#x27

The pieces alone are great, but the minifigure as a whole is just a trainwreck

11 hours ago, brickmeistro said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to hear of this... but the next CMF series is TLM2 + Wizard of Oz.

Yes. This is being discussed in the TLM2 thread. Here is the link in case you want to join the discussion :classic:

Haha... So my dream of a mixed cmf-series with missing Lord of the Rings- and Simpsonscharakteres became a bit more likely :grin:

I know we'd be getting a bit ahead of ourselves by pondering this so early, but, what would you expect TLG to do for Series 20 as a milestone marker? :classic:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

I know we'd be getting a bit ahead of ourselves by pondering this so early, but, what would you expect TLG to do for Series 20 as a milestone marker? :classic:

Good question, since next year will not only see Series 20 (if they keep up the current pace), but 2020 also marks the 10th anniversary of the CMF :sweet: It has to be different than the previous two special series (10 as a celebration of the 10th series and 18 as a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the minifig), so there's plenty of options :thumbup: Anything but a "best-of" of sorts, that'd be kinda lame :snicker:

Yes. They did it with Series 10.

Also 2020 will be the 10th anniversary of the CMF line. 

56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good question, since next year will not only see Series 20 (if they keep up the current pace), but 2020 also marks the 10th anniversary of the CMF :sweet: It has to be different than the previous two special series (10 as a celebration of the 10th series and 18 as a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the minifig), so there's plenty of options :thumbup: Anything but a "best-of" of sorts, that'd be kinda lame :snicker:

Personally, I'd kinda like to see a Series made up of an even mix of new archetypes (as typical of a non-themed traditional CMS) and modernized throwback designs based upon noteworthy figures/characters from themes past. For instance, such CMFs within that latter category could include an Adventurer archetype based upon Johnny Thunder, a Pirate Captain taken more after Lego's Captain Redbeard rather than Blackbeard, an antagonistic knight archetype inspired after Lego's Black Falcons, a modernized tribute to Classic Spacemen in some other color rather than White or Pink, and so on. :shrug_oh_well:

If i was in the Position to decide, i´d bring Mr. Gold back and put one of him in every Box, so People can complete their collection. Beside of that i want a regular minifigure series with some cute animal costumes and historical figures. But to be honest i expect it to become a series 18 2.0.

Nah... Series 18 is still on the shelves a and TLM2 had 3 costumes and 1mI expect Series 19 to have 3 as well. 

It would be too much

I'd also expect to see DK update and revise their CMF Encyclopedia with an exclusive figure to mark the occasion for then.

I am longing for a normal series, it has been way to long :wacko: In the beginning we got 3 series a year now it is 1 series every other year *huh* I admit that the WW was a bullseye to me, but usually the licensed series give me little or nothing of figs and accessorizes I want.. And the specialized series is way to uniform, we need a normal series with something for everyone :wall:

Every fig with a different animal in series 20 would be a dream come true, but it is probably Ms gold :tongue:

I really hope we never get something like series 18 ever again, while costume figure are nice to have, the amount that are being put in just starts to get me sick of them (Especially when you get too many of them in your hunt).

@Roebuck Yeah, I completely agree, minifgiure with name tag or with something on them that make it hard to use for other things (Newt with his Bowtruckle and Batman). I think the best minifigure for a pack of original and licensed are ones that can be use for army building and reusing their clothes.