r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

The dual molded legs are new in earth blue/yellow.

My gosh, they are Earth Blue! *huh* That's going to be of much interest I'd suspect for X-Men fans who wish to upgrade their 2014 Cyclops figure! :wink:

The duck is recoloured yellowish orange too, it’s odd that they’d give this away for free considering a regular CMF is 4 bucks and this is of the same quality.

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The duck is recoloured yellowish orange too, it’s odd that they’d give this away for free considering a regular CMF is 4 bucks and this is of the same quality.

Free and free, you have to buy Lego for 75$ before you get it.. They have used the CMF budget to make the parts, when they have the mould I assume the cost of making new parts even if they are in a different colour is rather small all in all :shrug_oh_well:

On 9/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, Roebuck said:

Free and free, you have to buy Lego for 75$ before you get it.. They have used the CMF budget to make the parts, when they have the mould I assume the cost of making new parts even if they are in a different colour is rather small all in all :shrug_oh_well:

But not all CMFs feature new moulds, this is on the same quality as those. Plus you’re paying for $75 for sets not the feebee. They could’ve easily just given the frame without the figure but they chose to give us a high quality one. :P

23 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

But not all CMFs feature new moulds, this is on the same quality as those. Plus you’re paying for $75 for sets not the feebee. They could’ve easily just given the frame without the figure but they chose to give us a high quality one. :P

The vast majority of CMFs use new moulds. Love the positive mindset :wink: I completely agree (however I bet the profit off of the $75 would more than easily pay for the free gift).

9 hours ago, J4ck said:

The vast majority of CMFs use new moulds. Love the positive mindset :wink: I completely agree (however I bet the profit off of the $75 would more than easily pay for the free gift).

Didn’t only one of the TLBM series 2 figures have a new mould? So it depends on the series. XP Just because the profit is paying for the free gift doesn’t mean they’d have to give us some a great one, we could’ve easily got a frame with nothing and no consumers would’ve turned away.

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Didn’t only one of the TLBM series 2 figures have a new mould? So it depends on the series. XP Just because the profit is paying for the free gift doesn’t mean they’d have to give us some a great one, we could’ve easily got a frame with nothing and no consumers would’ve turned away.

I disagree. The frame alone would not tempt me to make a $75 purchase at full RRP. I'd buy what I wanted elsewhere with a discount instead.

Edited by MAB

TLBM2 series only had 1 new mold because that theme got 3 waves, 2 CMFs lines, several promo minifigures, etc...

By the time series 2 came out, all the new molds needed for the theme were already introduced. 

Also, there are some very cool CMFs that didnt introduce new molds. S4 Kimono Girl, S6 Highland Battler, S6 Intergalatic Girl, S8 Conquistador, S9 Mr Good and Evil, S13 Evil Wizard, S14 Specter, S16 Cyborg, etc...

On 9/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, Robert8 said:

Also, there are some very cool CMFs that didnt introduce new molds. S4 Kimono Girl, S6 Highland Battler, S6 Intergalatic Girl, S8 Conquistador, S9 Mr Good and Evil, S13 Evil Wizard, S14 Specter, S16 Cyborg, etc...

That’s interesting Can you tell us where the kimono girl’s fan and Highlander’s long sword were used before?

There are now two versions of that sword. The newer one has a thicker hilt. The one the CMF series 6 Highland Battler had came out in 2012. There were eleven sets that year that had that mold, including the CMF series 6 Highland Battler and the CMF series 7 Evil Knight. The standard sets that included the weapon were LOTR and Monster Fighters sets. The sword appears to have been designed for LOTR, then used elsewhere.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, Robert8 said:

The thing is, while I do personally appreciate new molds when they're needed every now and then, I more greatly appreciate further usage and/or recolors of already existing molds, especially from the CMS line. TLG really needs to focus upon further proliferation of their preexisting inventory and in turn slow down the introduction of new molds just a little bit.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:09 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

My gosh, they are Earth Blue! *huh* That's going to be of much interest I'd suspect for X-Men fans who wish to upgrade their 2014 Cyclops figure! :wink:

It suddenly got my attention! Thanks. Also i really like the flitwick hair 

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Official release dates for the next two series. LEGO Movie 2 CMF January 31st 2019. Series 19 April 18th 2019

LM 2 I have very low expectations to, I have no use for mad max figs or minidolls, hopefully a new animal in it.. Series 19 on the other hand is hopefully the first normal series since 2017 so that should be great :excited:

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

LM 2 I have very low expectations to, I have no use for mad max figs or minidolls, hopefully a new animal in it.. Series 19 on the other hand is hopefully the first normal series since 2017 so that should be great :excited:

I feel much the same way.  Still, I'm always hopeful that a new series will have something useful for me.

36 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I feel much the same way.  Still, I'm always hopeful that a new series will have something useful for me.

I think if there isn't a Castle series next year, we'll definitely get some historical figures in the next series. I don't think it's possible for next year to be any worse than this year for us historic fans. :grin:

I was recently reviewing some series from past years and it occurred to me that ever since LEGO switched to just one non-licensed series per year, the series number has corresponded to the year of release (Series 17 in 2017, Series 18 in 2018, Series 19 in 2019). I wonder if that's deliberate? I imagine that sort of system would probably help more casual LEGO fans keep track of new series… after all, even as a really dedicated LEGO fan I've been known to lose track of which series came out in which years or what the current/latest series number is…

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The heck?

It’s LEGO adding exclusive parts to their build a mini figure station

Edited by Falconfan1414

10 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I was recently reviewing some series from past years and it occurred to me that ever since LEGO switched to just one non-licensed series per year, the series number has corresponded to the year of release (Series 17 in 2017, Series 18 in 2018, Series 19 in 2019). I wonder if that's deliberate? I imagine that sort of system would probably help more casual LEGO fans keep track of new series… after all, even as a really dedicated LEGO fan I've been known to lose track of which series came out in which years or what the current/latest series number is…

That has been noted by others in the past here; but, yeah, it kinda does seem like that's going to be their gameplan from now on for who knows how long. :shrug_confused: 

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

29 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That has been noted by others in the past here; but, yeah, it kinda does seem like that's going to be their gameplan from now on for who knows how long. :shrug_confused: 

But that came to happen because of all the LEGO movies.

But after TLM2 there are no more movies announced (The Brick Race is probably going to be cancelled at this point), so things should go back to normal soon.

I really doubt there will be 2 licensed series per year, for a number of reasons. 

-Simpons Series 2 and Batman Movie Series 2 sold poorly, according to just2good's sources. Which means the second series of the same license don't sell as well as the first one. Not even Batman could revert this.

-The CMF lines are used to introduce new pieces for other themes. Like the S14 Tiger Woman's hairpiece, which was latter used in a D2C set which had no budget for new molds. They couldn't do that with series like The Simpsons, where all the budget went to the molded heads that can't be used out of the theme.

-The regular CMFs are a stand alone product, with no sets. But for licensed themes, there are also sets, like Harry Potter or Batman Movie. Often the minifigures are the selling point of a set. If they release a CMF, that might damage the sales of the regular sets because you can get the characters in cheap blind bags.

-It's harder to get the license for CMFs because those are considered action figures, and other toy makers might have the license for action figures. Star Wars is best example here. LEGO would need 2 licenses for SW: action figures and constraction toys.

-Regular CMFs are cheaper fo produce because LEGO doesn't have to pay license fees. So, with the same budget they can produce more new molds, etc. Also, they can reuse the characters and the molds whenever and whereever they want, like Banana Guy, Hot Dog Man, Chicken Guy, Gingerbread Man, etc who have appeared out of the CMF theme. They can't reuse licensed molds for City of Friends sets.

I would prefer if they go with the regular - licensed - regular - licensed - regular - licensed - regular - licensed, etc route. So, some years there would be 2 licensed and 1 regular and the next one there would be 2 regulars and 1 licensed

Edited by Robert8

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The heck?

New minifigure set for Halloween. Has been reported on a german website already, found in Billunds Legoland store.

It is rumored to cost 7,99 € in Germany, release should be this or next week.