r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

12 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Totally unrelated, but I hope they reuse Professor Trelawny's hair on a future CMF.

Perhaps for a female counterpart to the Series 7 Hippie? :shrug_oh_well:

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps for a female counterpart to the Series 7 Hippie? :shrug_oh_well:

Perfect parts usage!

So The Simpsons are getting a second movie

I think the return of the Simpsons theme is very likely by then considering they already have the head molds and the license. @just2good 

I would not mind seeing that.  It will be interesting to see where the movie goes, and where a related LEGO theme would go.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think the return of the Simpsons theme is very likely by then considering they already have the head molds and the license. @just2good 

Darn it! Oh well, that would be good for my wallet, I guess. I've even struggled with years in which I'm only interested in two series.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, Robert8 said:

Yes please! :wub_drool:

Edited by just2good

On 8/10/2018 at 9:20 PM, Robert8 said:

Since we’re apparently getting a Homer & Krusty BrickHeadz 2-pack this November, I’d like to see a Mr. Plow vehicle set with Homer Simpson in his winter apparel!

Personally I loved the Simpsons CMFs, but imagine if Lego did a series 3 just for the kicks and the outrage....

Anyway thought that Lego terminated that theme because of the parents complaining about the ‘mature themes’?

Personally, I will prefer a third series from the Simpsons over another hypothetical Disney theme for example; I need some civilians for my Modular city, and the Simpsons can deliver that (bus driver, teacher, groundskeeper, bartender...); this could also be accomplished with the future serie 19 for which I’m eager to see !  Milkman, postman, teacher, hairdresser, musician in a march band, referee, fireman, majorette, pharmacist, folks in national costume for my ethnic quarters, name it !

55 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

Personally, I will prefer a third series from the Simpsons over another hypothetical Disney theme for example; I need some civilians for my Modular city, and the Simpsons can deliver that (bus driver, teacher, groundskeeper, bartender...); this could also be accomplished with the future serie 19 for which I’m eager to see !  Milkman, postman, teacher, hairdresser, musician in a march band, referee, fireman, majorette, pharmacist, folks in national costume for my ethnic quarters, name it !

I cannot for the life of me believe that we haven't gotten a teacher in a CMF yet. Someone in my family is a teacher and is always asking me if there is any in the new series!

39 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I cannot for the life of me believe that we haven't gotten a teacher in a CMF yet. Someone in my family is a teacher and is always asking me if there is any in the new series!

The closest MF I could use as a teacher is The Eraser from TLBM, that I will rename: Mr Pencil

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Something like @Robert8's hypothetical design would be nice to see for such an archetype. :classic:

Teacher

Are there any rumours of a new Disney CMF next year? I've been told on Instagram that it's rumoured that there will be but thought I'd check in here with you guys to see if there's any truth in that?

9 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Personally I loved the Simpsons CMFs, but imagine if Lego did a series 3 just for the kicks and the outrage....

Anyway thought that Lego terminated that theme because of the parents complaining about the ‘mature themes’?

I thought Series 2 just didn't sell well...

15 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Are there any rumours of a new Disney CMF next year? I've been told on Instagram that it's rumoured that there will be but thought I'd check in here with you guys to see if there's any truth in that?

We know nothing about the 2019 CMF line up. 

Of course, seems pretty obvious that the first series is going to be The Lego Movie 2 but it isn't confirmed yet

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

We know nothing about the 2019 CMF line up. 

Of course, seems pretty obvious that the first series is going to be The Lego Movie 2 but it isn't confirmed yet

I have a feeling that Lego has gotten better at containing leaks. Didn't we get info much before back in the day? Oh man, I really hope we do get S19 next year. :look:

THANK YOU for sharing. That's an amazing interview

There are some interesting points there but I'd like to highlight that it was confirmed that there will be 3 series next year 

Thanks for sharing!

In the group of 4 minifigs with the corn-suit guy, what is that fig on the left with the statuette? 

Edited by julesvincent

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You guys might want to check out New Elementary's Media Fan Days interview with Collectable Minifigures designers Tara Wike and Austin Carlson. I'm telling you, lots to pour over there, as I still am... :oh:

New Elementary - LEGO® MINIFIGURES INTERVIEW: TARA WIKE & AUSTIN CARLSON

Thank you for sharing. :sweet: 

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There are some interesting points there but I'd like to highlight that it was confirmed that there will be 3 series next year 

For me, this was naturally the most interesting part of the interview, even though it was still somewhat vague:

Now you have a costume series, and you have had a monster series. Apart from that, have you considered other genre themed series?

Tara: We kick it around all the time, and I think it’s fun to mix between the two, the mix-and-match classic and a more themed thing. This one was… we really wanted to celebrate the anniversary of the minifigure, so that was the best way we could think of doing it, that was a natural fit. And with the monsters, I think it was falling close to Halloween and that’s always been an inspiration for us, too. So that one was also natural. I don’t want to say any of the other ones we’ve considered, in case we do them in the future!

Probably something like sci-fi or fantasy or a historical theme is something you would consider then?

Tara: Absolutely.

Thanks for posting this link! Great read!

Oooh, a sci-fi series would be sweet...

I thought this part was interesting:

"There’s been a lot of controversy in the AFOL community about the police officer being so hard to get. Does the inclusion of these “chase figures” really help sales?
Tara: That’s a good question and I’m not on that end of things, so I can’t confirm or deny that. I don’t know.

But there must be a reason for them to want to do it.
Tara: I think that in this case we know we wanted to pay homage to the fact that this was the 40th anniversary special, and we know that people would be interested in it, but of all of the characters, this one we thought maybe would be more interesting to the fans than it would be to kids. And we are primarily selling these to kids. So it was a bit of a compromise, a strategic decision to say, “we want to include it, we don’t want to have too much of it, how do we do this?” Obviously, there was pluses and minuses to doing something extremely rare, like Mr. Gold, that we’ve done in the past, so we felt that this was a little more fair."

So they're aware that people don't like chase figures being so hard to find, yet they did it with Graves. I wonder if that had to do with the amount of figures in the series. Unlike with the policeman, that has a higher potential to upset kids. I really hope this does not become a trend.

Edited by BrickHat

Probably something like sci-fi or fantasy or a historical theme is something you would consider then?

Tara: Absolutely.

Yes please! :moar:

If Castle doesn't come back next year, the next series should be entirely historical. Same with Space the following year.

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Yes please! :moar:

If Castle doesn't come back next year, the next series should be entirely historical. Same with Space the following year.

Well you know I'll be on board for that.  I don't think that's likely, but it could happen.