r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do you think we will get another soccer series from Rusia 2018's champion?

It would have an exclusive dark blue stand with 2 stars printed on. :wink:

I'd actually love to see a World Cup CMF series where each team gets a minifig. Heck, they're 32 teams, so it works nicely with the 16 minifig series if they only took the teams from the round of 16.

Edited by BrickHat

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I'd actually love to see a World Cup CMF series where each team gets a minifig. Heck, they're 32 teams, so it works nicely with the 16 minifig series if they only took the teams from the round of 16.

Yeah.   I would like to get certain... goalkeeper as minifigure

Maybe with a Champions League CMFs. That's more likely :laugh:

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do you think we will get another soccer series from Rusia 2018's champion?

Hopefully not, the last series was probably the most boring CMF series ever :hmpf: Leave the world cup to Panini :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Hopefully not, the last series was probably the most boring CMF series ever :hmpf: Leave the world cup to Panini :tongue:

Who knows maybe one of the players could come with a brand new rooster mold :wink: hahahaha

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Who knows maybe one of the players could come with a brand new rooster mold :wink: hahahaha

Haha :head_back: I believe it when I see it :tongue:

On 7/11/2018 at 12:39 AM, BrickHat said:

Yes, I would prefer a series with 16 different teams, rather than 16 from the same team. But how could they do the Round of 16? They need to know months in advance who progresses if they are to be out at the time of the competition. And guessing wouldn't work (eg. Germany). Plus licensing is an issue, as they'd need to negotiate with all the different football associations.  

On 7/11/2018 at 12:37 AM, gedren_y said:

The minidolls would need movable feet for that to work.

Why? There have been Friends football / soccer sets. They didn't need movable legs / feet. I doubt many people actually play out action games with the DFB series, and just display them standing still instead.

52698595?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg41011?$main$81X415bhZ9L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by MAB

Why would they give us a football cmf series after the world cup has ended? That makes no sense at all. 

Team France anyone? 

37288340_1259990974137979_8947059816992342016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=561c15349e3ccba5e3838f917a661263&oe=5BD8528E

I hope LEGO will release this, just like they did with Germany

On 7/16/2018 at 6:33 AM, Robert8 said:

Team France anyone? 

I hope LEGO will release this, just like they did with Germany

A waste of a series, like DFB was :)

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

Eh, the DFB was largely region-locked, and it didn't take one of 2016's regular CMF slots. I'd reckon it would be 2020 before they got to a Les Bleus series, and I imagine it would be no different than the DFB; Limited release area and not taking up a regular CMF slot. I'm not even a soccer fan and I ended up with a couple of the DFB figures.

Could be worse, it could be another Simpsons series.

6 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Could be worse, it could be another Simpsons series.

I wouldn't mind much, those brought some nice pieces.  But yeah, there are better ideas out there...

With the inevitable arrival of Series 19 come perhaps next year, what Collectable Minifigure archetypes do you think are strongly overdue to be seen? I'm not so much looking to discuss our CMF wishlists, but instead gain an idea of what we still have missing from previous series.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With the inevitable arrival of Series 19 come perhaps next year, what Collectable Minifigure archetypes do you think are strongly overdue to be seen? I'm not so much looking to discuss our CMF wishlists, but instead gain an idea of what we still have missing from previous series.

We've gotten some specific historical characters, and there are some that are still missing. Napoleon, Newton and Einstein come to mind.

6 hours ago, BrickHat said:

We've gotten some specific historical characters, and there are some that are still missing.

As far as historical archetypes go, I also think we need more representation for both popular and cultural fashions of the past for both men and women in the CMS line.

1 hour ago, Blakstone said:

We never had any firefighters in CMFs. We could use both a modern one and a 19th century version.

Even up unto this point, I'm surprised that we haven't seen one yet of either type, whether it be modern or historical. I mean, if you're not counting the S18 Classic Policeman, law enforcement archetypes have seen at least three variant CMFs so far. :shrug_confused:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I just hope Series 19 will be a regular no themed series

It'd have to be, as I doubt they'd make two "regular" themed series in a row. If anything, I'd imagine Series 20 may be at the most a themed series, or have at the very least a Mr. Gold-like chase figure.

On the matter of named historical persons: Abraham Lincoln and William Shakespeare were in the TLM series.

The Wizarding World series gives us that announcer's horn, which we were hoping to get with a Director fig from somewhere in the TLM line. Maybe TLM2 will finally have him. Just speculating.

On 8/5/2018 at 12:29 AM, Robert8 said:

I just hope Series 19 will be a regular no themed series

As much as I wouldn't mind a Halloween Series 2: Spooky LEGO Boogaloo, I really have to agree with this. A nice, old-fashioned, a-little-something-for-everyone CMF wave.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:38 AM, gedren_y said:

The Wizarding World series gives us that announcer's horn, which we were hoping to get with a Director fig from somewhere in the TLM line. Maybe TLM2 will finally have him. Just speculating.

Hmm, much like that figure we thought we were going to see for Series 13... 

The Brick Fan - LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 13 (71008) Minifigure Leaked?

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 13 (71008) - Director?

Speaking of such, @jonwil recently filled out a suggestion form over at this below linked topic for a Director CMF that would utilize the new megaphone part from Flitwick. :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

23 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

As much as I wouldn't mind a Halloween Series 2: Spooky LEGO Boogaloo, I really have to agree with this. A nice, old-fashioned, a-little-something-for-everyone CMF wave.

And really we're only missing a couple of iconic monsters that were not on S14: the bride of Frankenstein and the Invisible Man. Too bad we didn't get those in S14, because that was the best moment for them to make them. Sadly we haven't had any monster figure since then. But anyways, I do agree with you and would love to see another regular series. Although I wouldn't personally mind if we ever got a Space series...

On 8/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I always think it's weird they haven't done a jockey, especially as they could re-use the headpiece from the 2012 Olympics release.

Also there hasn't been a classic ghost yet, has there? Update of the ghost piece from 90s Castle - it would have to be glow in the dark of course!

@Digger of Bricks I remember posting about that image years back when I saw it in Toys R Us. While we still might get a director using the megaphone from the Harry Potter series, that image is not a leak. As someone pointed out to me years back, the Statue of Liberty dress piece is a major clue that it is not a marketing piece.

9 hours ago, BrickHat said:

And really we're only missing a couple of iconic monsters that were not on S14: the bride of Frankenstein and the Invisible Man. Too bad we didn't get those in S14, because that was the best moment for them to make them. Sadly we haven't had any monster figure since then. But anyways, I do agree with you and would love to see another regular series. Although I wouldn't personally mind if we ever got a Space series...

Yeah, a Bride of Frankenstein CMF would be great. Space really isn't my bag, but ya know, if they did one and threw in a couple of Space Police III aliens I would be pleased as punch. Totally unrelated, but I hope they reuse Professor Trelawny's hair on a future CMF.

Edited by K_Tiger