r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

10 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

As for Mr. Bill's information and how it relates to "THE PLAN", well...sometimes plans fall through. Things don't always come to fruition. (For examples, visit any thread about LEGO Dimensions.) And with the diminishing returns on each subsequent LEGO movie and its related merchandise, it's reasonable that they might rethink their strategy in any number of ways. 

If Warner Brothers DID end up scraping The Billion Brick Race, what do you suppose TLG would end up doing with all the progress in developing tie-in sets for it? Would it be repackaged as a new in-house action theme, or would set/minifigure designs be incorporated elsewhere into other preexisting themes/lines?

On 15/04/2018 at 4:53 PM, Mr Bill said:

An inside connection I know has told me TBBR has not yet been greenlighted... Pre-production stuff is happening, but whether it goes into production or not will likely depend on how well TLM2 does. TLBM and TLNM did not do as well as expected, but hopes are high for TLM2. Plus the original deal was for a total of four movies, so...  with TLM2 being #4, we shall see. Good box office will lead to more movies whether they (WB) sign off for them one at a time or sign for multiples. Keep your fingers crossed!

--Mr Bill

The LEGO Batman Movie did well at the box office. I don't get why Warner Bros would be disappointed with that film's BO performance.

6 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The LEGO Batman Movie did well at the box office. I don't get why Warner Bros would be disappointed with that film's BO performance.

It did do well, but I think that it didn't do just as well as The Lego Movie had done.

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It did do well, but I think that it didn't do just as well as The Lego Movie had done.

Indeed. And TLNM didn't do as well as either. It's a worrying trend. However, I do believe that TLM2 will do better than TLNM, at the very least. Chris Pratt becomes more bankable every day, it seems, and the first one was much beloved.

Yesterday it was confirmed that Unikitty series are actually blind bags, unlike the Mixels. 

And it's not a special release like Team GB or DFB. It's even labeled as "Series 1"

So, technically 2018 is the first year with 4 collectable series overall: 3 with minifigures and 1 with figures

What a day to be alive...

Edited by Robert8

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What a day to be alive...

LOL. Yes, and it will be the blind bag to be the hardest to feel because the parts are just very much similar.

That's lame.

The 3 minifigure series in blind bags are half awesome because of great minifigures, half pain in the asterisk due to the difficulty of finding what you want.

An additional blind bag series is more pain.  Only time will tell if the designs will be worthwhile at all, let alone worth the trouble of hunting and feeling bags for the builds.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, technically 2018 is the first year with 4 collectable series overall: 3 with minifigures and 1 with figures

Are they though made in the same manufacturing plant as CMS lines?

Do reckon there is any chance at all of an Overwatch CMF line? Im not a player myself, I’m interested in the possible new pieces.

Edited by J4ck

I hope not. I think that there are better licenses that are of interest to more people (especially younger kids) to do as CMFs.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

Do reckon there is any chance at all of an Overwatch CMF line? Im not a player myself, I’m interested in the possible new pieces.

I think it's entirely possible, as there are a large number of playable characters in the game with multiple appearances.

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

Has anything like that ever happened before? (Meaning, video game-wise)

Edited by General Magma

1 minute ago, General Magma said:

Has anything like that ever happened before? (Meaning, video game-wise)

No, but that wouldn't mean it can't.  There have only been a few licensed series so far as it is, so venturing into a video game based CMF series wouldn't be going too far.  And they have done more video game based products recently, including the Dimensions Midway Retro Arcade, and Dimensions Sonic the Hedgehog.  And don't forget, an entire line of products based on Minecraft that includes a couple of "Skin" packs with 4 minifigures each.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that this product line could include a CMF series.  That said, I much prefer unlicensed CMF series and hope for more of those rather than more of these types of licensed CMF themes.

I'm neutral with OW being a possible candidate. Of course I say this with ignoring the whole regular-versus-license debate. Just for OW there is some difficulty to make all major characters into the regular sets, and CMF series can help that, and I like OW characters so I don't mind getting them.

Ultimately this depends on whether the diversity of OW characters can interest those kids who even don't play video games at all.

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

No, but that wouldn't mean it can't.  There have only been a few licensed series so far as it is, so venturing into a video game based CMF series wouldn't be going too far.  And they have done more video game based products recently, including the Dimensions Midway Retro Arcade, and Dimensions Sonic the Hedgehog.  And don't forget, an entire line of products based on Minecraft that includes a couple of "Skin" packs with 4 minifigures each.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that this product line could include a CMF series.  That said, I much prefer unlicensed CMF series and hope for more of those rather than more of these types of licensed CMF themes.

Oh, what the heck - Overwatch is getting actual sets, I just discovered. I thought it was just a random idea, like if somebody said "What about some Fortnite or Rocket League or (insert any other semi-child friendly game here) sets/CMF lines?".

Unexpected. Then again, indeed, they have done some video game-based products in recent years, including the Minecraft theme. But still, I wasn't expecting them to make sets based on a shooter. The CMF suggestion makes sense now.

I think it’s safe to say TBBR will get pushed back. Series 19 - May 2019? And then unnamed licensed series August/September 2019.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but yeah. That does seem to be the case. 

The LEGO Movie 2 Series is safe bet for Jan 1st.

But, the other 2 series are unknown

I'd like to think they will be Series 19 and Series 20 ?... but nah, probably Series 19 and Disney 2/Harry Potter 2.

I just hope The LEGO Movie 2 wont have a second series, like Batman Movie did

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Unless TLG decide not to uphold it, Series 19 just has to be a given for either May or September, as we've so far seen at least one standard CMS per year.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but yeah. That does seem to be the case. 

The LEGO Movie 2 Series is safe bet for Jan 1st.

I'd like to think they will be Series 19 and Series 20 ?... but nah, probably Series 19 and Disney 2/Harry Potter 2.

I just hope The LEGO Movie 2 wont have a second series, like Batman Movie did

I don’t think it will, I think TLBM Series 2 was to release leftover characters without leaving too much of a gap that the market moves on.

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

I don’t think it will, I think TLBM Series 2 was to release leftover characters without leaving too much of a gap that the market moves on.

If The Lego Movie 2 leaves any of its characters unmade, it will result in a few grumbles from the fans. But, if a second CMS for The Lego Batman Movie were left undone, DC Comics fans here would be marching up to TLG headquarters with their custom BrickArms. :sarcasm:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

If The Lego Movie 2 leaves any of its characters unmade, it will result in a few grumbles from the fans. But, if a second CMS for The Lego Batman Movie were left undone, DC Comics fans here would be marching up to TLG headquarters with their custom BrickArms. :sarcasm:

True that! :wall:

Some of what the Lego community says/does angers me. People have their opinion, that’s ok, but some of it is so unneeded and unnecessarily picky.

10 minutes ago, J4ck said:

True that! :wall:

By the way, unless you've already seen this posted over on the Series 18 discussion topic, if you (or anyone else) have any questions regarding the future of the Collectable Minifigure line... :wink:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, unless you've already seen this posted over on the Series 18 discussion topic, if you (or anyone else) have any questions regarding the future of the Collectable Minifigure line... :wink:

*insert video here*

Whoa bro, thanks Mr Bricks!

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

Whoa bro, thanks Mr Bricks!

You can also share your questions at this blog too! :classic:

New Elementary - Fan Media Days Are Approaching! 

What would you like Are to ask LEGO employees? Add your suggested questions to the comments area below and he will include the most interesting ones.

We won't know until the day exactly which teams he will speak to but it might be any of the following: LEGO Minifigures, Unikitty, Harry Potter, LEGO Ideas, Brickheadz, LEGO Architecture, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, LEGO Friends, LEGO Creator Expert, LEGO Mindstorms and TT Games / LEGO Games. Also, he might interview members of the AFOL Engagement team: Tormod Askildsen (head of AFOL Engagement), Jan Beyer (manager AFOL Network Events) or Signe Lønholdt (senior manager Community Growth / LEGO Ambassador Network). There are some other exciting events lined up at Fan Media Days that we will reveal at the time.

Edited by Digger of Bricks