r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

5 minutes ago, parsom said:

You are asking about Shakespeare?

Of the people mentioned, I think only Abe Lincoln's existence has really be proven.  So while the other characters may have a relevance to history, in my opinion only Lincoln is truly a historical figure.  He is also a political figure, albeit from an era around 150 years ago.

But I'd rather not enter into a debate here on the status or authenticity of these clearly important world figures.

Back to discussing future CMF series.  What other themes would we like to see as the focus of a non-licensed CMF series?

Perhaps a nature theme?  Many such minifigures have proven popular, from the Tree suit in the City theme or the Lumberjack CMF from series 11 to the recent Flower Pot and Cactus suits from series 18.  I could see adding a couple of similar suits, maybe an animal suit or 2.  Then there could be characters like a gardener or landscaper.  Even things like an agricultural scientist, a geologist, or a hunter could be included.  To really stretch the appeal to everyone, include a medieval shepherd and an alien ecologist or something.

Anyways, just an idea.

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

They won't pull the movie forwards but they will probably push it back like with Ninjago to make way for TLM2.

Consider this too: TLBM and TLNM had seven months between their release dates. On the other hand, where it stands now, TLM2 and TBBR have only three.

20 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Back to discussing future CMF series.  What other themes would we like to see as the focus of a non-licensed CMF series?

How about a Series comprised of minifigures representing various cultures in traditional dress? :classic:

32 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Consider this too: TLBM and TLNM had seven months between their release dates. On the other hand, where it stands now, TLM2 and TBBR have only three.

How about a Series comprised of minifigures representing various cultures in traditional dress? :classic:

Not an outright bad idea, but it could run the risk of offending those cultures.

Just now, x105Black said:

Not an outright bad idea, but it could run the risk of offending those cultures.

Maybe, but given that most non-licensed CMSs usually have only sixteen figures, I'd guess that the exclusion of ones they couldn't fit would be even more offending.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe, but given that most non-licensed CMSs usually have only sixteen figures, I'd guess that the exclusion of ones they couldn't fit would be even more offending.

depends what you find 'offending' I guess. There are a number of figures already which are clearly national or regional stereotypes ... but they seem on the whole not to have been the source of outrage. So this could have some mileage (Canadian Mountie, Uncle Sam, Gondolier, Australian bushman etc)

I think a 'history' themed series could be awesome, but I'm also happy with unthemed series ;)

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

I think a 'history' themed series could be awesome, but I'm also happy with unthemed series ;)

I don't think this will exactly fly with kids, but I'd love to see a series with maybe period set attire instead. You know, mainstream fashions for both men and women from the late 1800's, the early 1900's, the Roaring 20's, 1940's wartime styles, the 1950's, the 60's, the 70's... :shrug_oh_well:

51 minutes ago, williejm said:

So this could have some mileage (Canadian Mountie, Uncle Sam, Gondolier, Australian bushman etc)

I agree.  I would love a Mountie or a Bushman.  And a history themed CMF series sounds pretty cool.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Shut up and take my money. It could be the LEGO minifigures version of Disney's "it's a small world".

2 hours ago, williejm said:

depends what you find 'offending' I guess. There are a number of figures already which are clearly national or regional stereotypes ... but they seem on the whole not to have been the source of outrage.

Very true; Tribal Chief, Kimono girl, Maraca Man/Mariachi, Pharaoh/Egyptian Queen, Bagpiper, Lederhosen Guy/Pretzel Girl all fit that category along with several others.

And yet out of all the CMF the most controversial still seem to be the evil dwarf (among non-Lego fans) and Mr. Gold (among Lego fans).

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Shut up and take my money. It could be the LEGO minifigures version of Disney's "it's a small world".

What cultures and traditional attire would you perhaps want to see represented in such series? :classic:

I think there could be a "chess" series with 12 characters: pawn, rook, knight, bishop, queen and king. Both black and white.

The reverse of the leaflet could have a printed chess board. 

But this could be a special series like Team GB or DFB

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think there could be a "chess" series with 12 characters: pawn, rook, knight, bishop, queen and king. Both black and white.

That's not an entirely bad idea.  I wouldn't mind seeing something like this at all.

52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I....would absolutely go for that. And would probably have never thought of it. Neat-o.

I really hope that we'll see much more non-licensed series in the future. And please non-themed! Regular series offer a huge variety: You find characters of historic periods as well as today's ones and even some futuristic ones plus there are always some customed minifigs, too - so the perfect selection for everyone (and not only for a special part of TLG's customers).

E. g. in the beginning of the CMS I always bought minifigs of all series. And these partly were three series a year. In contrast to for example this year (2018) when I buy minifigs from only one series (namely series 18); the other two series don't interest me in any way since I'm neither Batman / TLBM nor HP fan. So I'm disappointed and Lego does get less money from me. Bad for both, I'd say.

7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I really hope that we'll see much more non-licensed series in the future. And please non-themed! Regular series offer a huge variety: You find characters of historic periods as well as today's ones and even some futuristic ones plus there are always some customed minifigs, too - so the perfect selection for everyone (and not only for a special part of TLG's customers).

Yep, something for everyone, because I'm pretty sure that the traditional CMSs can even offer at least something of interest to fans of licensed themes.

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What cultures and traditional attire would you perhaps want to see represented in such series? :classic:

Hell, I'm not picky. Practically every corner of the planet has had some visually interesting cosume at some point in history. I guess I'd like something out of Eastern Europe, and if LEGO wants to hit us with a rehash of the Pretzel Girl in blue and white, with the hair piece in a new color I'm down. A female minifigure from the Baroque era to go with Shakespeare, as well as the Actor and Conquistador from S.8 would be swell.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That could really be a fun series depending on execution. A nightmare for us bag-feelers, though.

6 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I guess I'd like something out of Eastern Europe, and if LEGO wants to hit us with a rehash of the Pretzel Girl in blue and white, with the hair piece in a new color I'm down. 

I've always thought a male or female minifigure in traditional Dutch attire would be really cool. You know, something like a Dutch Milkmaid or a Dutch guy with wooden shoes. :classic:

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Consider the distribution though ... 8 pawns to 2 rooks, knights and bishops and 1 king and queen per colour. So they'd probably need boxes of 32 / 64 to get the right distribution. Then there would be the complaints about rarity and not being able to complete a chess set, or the price to complete the whole set. Would many people be willing to pay out £100 or so for a basic chess set without the board? I'd also imagine that the pawns would be fairly plain, maybe just a monochrome figure, so possibly boring to most children especially given the frequency required.

I think it is better that they stick to making complete chess sets like in the past rather than doing them as blind bagged series.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A female minifigure from the Baroque era to go with Shakespeare,

What sort of outfit do you mean by baroque? I doubt they'd get any more detailed than this dress ...

col15-16.png

Remove the crown and cape and she is no longer a queen.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

What sort of outfit do you mean by baroque? I doubt they'd get any more detailed than this dress ...

There's one.  Let's get some more variations of this, please.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

*pic snip*

Something less.....red. The S.8 Actor has some pretty fine detail work in the printing, so the hypothetical bodice could be equally detailed, and a new hair piece would be nice. I'm not saying CMF Queen is a bad start, I suppose all it would really take was the addition of the ruff piece.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've always thought a male or female minifigure in traditional Dutch attire would be really cool. You know, something like a Dutch Milkmaid or a Dutch guy with wooden shoes. :classic:

I agree. There's still a lot of places to go with the CMF line, but, just like everywhere else, licensed themes are horning in on the action.

I agree.

I'd also really like to see India represented in such a series, given how colorful their traditional attire can be! :classic:

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

There's still a lot of places to go with the CMF line, but, just like everywhere else, licensed themes are horning in on the action.

Well, @Robert8's work is most certainly proof of that! :grin:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'd also really like to see India represented in such a series, given how colorful their traditional attire can be! :classic:

Yeah, Indian attire would make for a great minifigure.

Agreed.