r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

1 hour ago, 1Panda said:

Well I’ve heard rumors about a Minecraft movie some time in the next year or two so it could have something to do with that.

Ugh. My eyes just rolled so hard, it kind of hurt.

Dang it Lego, just focus on making little plastic yellow people!

Well after finally getting my hands on the melon farm set, ( I think that’s what it was called) mainly for the creeper and villager. I’m not as excited about a possible Minecraft series as I would have been yesterday. Since they have made plenty of battle packs it seems odd that they would try to produce a series of characters that would be more interesting than the other ones that they have already made. But if the rumors are true about a movie there might be some interesting characters that they can make.

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

just focus on making little plastic yellow people!

Yes! no more fleshies !

1 hour ago, 1Panda said:

Yes! no more fleshies !

Hah, it’s not that fleshies are bad. It’s just that specific to CMF, they’re straying too far from what makes CMFs so wonderful to the point that we’re getting niche stuff that appeals to smaller audiences at the expense of the greatness that comes with a regular series. 

4 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Hah, it’s not that fleshies are bad. It’s just that specific to CMF, they’re straying too far from what makes CMFs so wonderful to the point that we’re getting niche stuff that appeals to smaller audiences at the expense of the greatness that comes with a regular series. 

I couldn’t agree more. 

3 hours ago, General Magma said:

Just give us more regular CMFs...

Again I couldn’t agree more.

Mine craft movie was already cancelled twice years ago, did this one even make it past pre-development? I wouldn't get your hopes for this movie :wink:

It was canceled!?! Oh well I guess Minecraft is a dying game anyway. But they might try to revive it like they did with angry birds.

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

Mine craft movie was already cancelled twice years ago, did this one even make it past pre-development? I wouldn't get your hopes for this movie :wink:

Nope, there is still a movie staring Steve Carell slatted for May 2019 to be produced by Warner Animation Group, the same studio responsible for the Lego Cinematic Universe.

IMDb - Minecraft (2019)

37 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

But I think that it's the Unikitty series.

It has been essentially confirmed that this is not the case.

18 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

But I think that it's the Unikitty series.

That's replacing the mixels. @rob-ot5000 said it was minecraft (he was told).

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

That's replacing the mixels. @rob-ot5000 said it was minecraft (he was told).

I'm not sure they are. The Unikitty series is solely comprised of Unikitty variants, and the bags are CMF size. I think they're their own thing. Not built like Mixels, but also not taking up a CMF slot.

Edited by K_Tiger

On 2/1/2018 at 7:42 PM, SirBlake said:

I think the Ninjago CMF series actually did a really good job of giving us some Batman'ish wackiness in the more classic yellow figures. Plus a ton of unique and interesting civilians. I'm loving the Batman runs just for the oddball stuff like the Wonder Twins, but they really don't fit my display well. And I'm someone that isn't as rabid about Lego racewars. (Lemonheads vs the Fleshies... TO THE DEATH!)

On 02/02/2018 at 12:42 AM, SirBlake said:

Is there any reason to expect that series like Batman and Disney are niche and that they appeal to smaller audiences than regular CMF? They both have huge followings and appeal to people outside of regular LEGO collecting. It woudln't surprise me if regular CMF are actually a more niche product these days.

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

Rob-ot5000 said it might be Minecraft.

Eh i think i already saw that comment and maybe reacted on it as well *huh*

maybe i need some more sleep

On 02/02/2018 at 5:13 AM, 1Panda said:

I couldn’t agree more. 

Again I couldn’t agree more.

Me too. Seems ages ago that we used to get three series of regular CMFs. I've lost a great deal of interest since.

The NY Toy Fair press release mentions only 3 CMF series for 2018

Collectibles (Ages 5+)
Fans can collect 59 never-before-seen LEGO Minifigures from three new series of mystery bags, each including one figure, starting with 20 new characters from the blockbuster film The LEGO® Batman Movie. Series 18 in April celebrates the 40th Birthday of the LEGO Minifigure. A third series launches later in the year.

Edited by Robert8

9 hours ago, gedren_y said:

59 - 20 - 17 = 22

*oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2* will the minifig checklist have enough room for all of them or will they have to use the back?

On 2/17/2018 at 12:14 AM, Robert8 said:

The NY Toy Fair press release mentions only 3 CMF series for 2018

Were you expecting more?

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Were you expecting more?

It was rumored there might be a 4th series this year. Another licensed series (Either Minecraft or Teen Titans, that was no clarified)

I don't really place much stock in that "4th CMF series" rumor. It was just something I heard and passed along. I probably should have thought on it a bit more before doing that, but here we are.

19 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I don't really place much stock in that "4th CMF series" rumor. It was just something I heard and passed along. I probably should have thought on it a bit more before doing that, but here we are.

That is fine, you have been clear about that the hole time, but people forget and one feather is made into five hens :wink:
Since Lego have confirmed 59 figs it is probably fake news :tongue: