r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

I know that it's akin to beating a dead horse, but I have to say I am disappointed there aren't more regular CMF series in development. With all of the leftover Batman and Ninjago packages I have seen on store shelves, I thought perhaps Lego would reconsider the amount of licensed CMF sets they produce. Maybe sales are better in other areas than mine, though? For me, though, 1 normal series a year just doesn't cut it, not with all of the great ideas that are floating around out there ...

13 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

I know that it's akin to beating a dead horse, but I have to say I am disappointed there aren't more regular CMF series in development. With all of the leftover Batman and Ninjago packages I have seen on store shelves, I thought perhaps Lego would reconsider the amount of licensed CMF sets they produce. Maybe sales are better in other areas than mine, though? For me, though, 1 normal series a year just doesn't cut it, not with all of the great ideas that are floating around out there ...

Some dead horses need a good beating now and then...

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

Not when it's been repeated a dozen times. It's not exactly a rumour for a future CMF series either. Let's get this thread back on track please.

On 28/12/2017 at 5:04 AM, x105Black said:

You do love to beat the dead horse don't you? Everyone would appreciate a break from it. Thanks.

On 28/12/2017 at 10:29 AM, J4ck said:

Not when it's been repeated a dozen times. It's not exactly a rumour for a future CMF series either. Let's get this thread back on track please.

Careful not to minimod, we have got a report button for issues. 

So, keep on topic yes? Go make a thread in community for bugbears, horse beating and general unsociable whinging and rattle throwing. Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Careful not to minimod, we have got a report button for issues. 

I realised. I used the report button and wanted to delete my comment but I couldn't find a delete button as mentioned in my report.

13 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I realised. I used the report button and wanted to delete my comment but I couldn't find a delete button as mentioned in my report.

We only allow for posts to be edited, not deleted. 

On 5/1/2018 at 2:36 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

The minifigure series is a fake. The rest of the minifigure series for 2018 goes batman series 2, coustume party, and wizarding world of Harry Potter in August 

August?

I thought it was september. Especially considering there will be another CMF series in June: Unikitty TV Show

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

August?

I thought it was september. Especially considering there will be another CMF series in June: Unikitty TV Show

Well aren’t they usually September but we see them in August? Also the cmf series isn’t a true series. I think it’s replacing mixels 

Collectible MINIFIG series, unikitty figs are brickbuilt so it can off course not be a CMF :wacko: Something close to mixels on the other hand is possible, but that would not affect the CMF lines in any way :wink:

So here is something interesting that was pointed out. The leaked list for Harry Potter cmf is books 1-3 so we might get another series covering 4-7

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So here is something interesting that was pointed out. The leaked list for Harry Potter cmf is books 1-3 so we might get another series covering 4-7

If that were to be the case, then I hope such a CMS arrives in 2020 and not 2019. With 2019, the sequel to The Lego Movie will be hitting theaters in February 2019, while The Billion Brick Race is still slatted for May of that year, so both will have a presumed CMS released around the same time. With that, September will be the only available slot for another CMS, and it would be a shame if we didn't get a regular one for 2019 if a second HP series were to be released that month instead.

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

It is logical to put another HP series for 2020 since that year there will be FB3.

Good point. Releasing that wave while FB3 comes out will drive sales up a bit more so makes sense :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If that were to be the case, then I hope such a CMS arrives in 2020 and not 2019. With 2019, the sequel to The Lego Movie will be hitting theaters in February 2019, while The Billion Brick Race is still slatted for May of that year, so both will have a presumed CMS released around the same time. With that, September will be the only available slot for another CMS, and it would be a shame if we didn't get a regular one for 2019 if a second HP series were to be released that month instead.

Sadly I think Lego might take a break from a regular cmf series and give us another Harry Potter. Both times Lego has done another series of a CMF line, it has occurred one year after the first. Lego batman movie series 1 was january 2017 and series 2 was january 2018. The simpsons series 1 was May 2014 and series 2 was May 2015. That means most likely if there is a series 2 for harry potter it will be in august 2019. So unfortunately for some if Lego does release a Harry Potter CMF series 2 which it seems is being heavily hinted at, then we might not get a regular cmf series at all in 2019

It is logical to put another HP series for 2020 since that year there will be FB3.

If lego had decided to include Fantastic Beast characters in the CMF, this would be exactly where i could see this series going but sense there are no Fantastic Beast characters in this series my guess is it will be 2019 were we see the next series

I could see this happening, much like with the second film coming out this November. Perhaps the sequence of release will go like this - A licensed series (Disney Series 2 perhaps) in January 2020, Series 20 the following May, and HP Series 2 in September of that year.

32 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If lego had decided to include Fantastic Beast characters in the CMF, this would be exactly where i could see this series going but sense there are no Fantastic Beast characters in this series my guess is it will be 2019 were we see the next series

The 3 unknown figs could still be Tina, Queenie and Jacob

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sadly I think Lego might take a break from a regular cmf series and give us another Harry Potter. Both times Lego has done another series of a CMF line, it has occurred one year after the first. Lego batman movie series 1 was january 2017 and series 2 was january 2018. The simpsons series 1 was May 2014 and series 2 was May 2015. That means most likely if there is a series 2 for harry potter it will be in august 2019. So unfortunately for some if Lego does release a Harry Potter CMF series 2 which it seems is being heavily hinted at, then we might not get a regular cmf series at all in 2019

This sounds grim :sceptic:

But I think we should wait

They didn't do it with Disney and there must be a reason. (Simpsons 2 did bad). Also, we are yet to hear about the reception Batman S2 got

16 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I saw the HP list.
No dementor.

I'm officially sad.

Lame, especially after they stuck prisoner Joker in the CMF line. I know the Dementor is rumored for one of the sets, but they're something that you need multiples of.

The Unikitty thing doesn't have the Minifigures logo on it. And set number doesn't fit in the CMF line-up. So, yeah. These are not CMFs

This means there will be 3 CMFs series this year.

Batman Movie 2: January

Series 18: April

Harry Potter: August. 

The catalog saying that Harry Potter CMFs will be released on April is most likely a mistake

The image I saw looked like a display of Mixels, so I'm guessing that's where these are heading. I'm guessing no minifigure-scale Hawkodile for me?
As to the Harry Potter in April, yeah, a mistake. If you look down in the info section it has the correct month.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The catalog saying that Harry Potter CMFs will be released on April is most likely a mistake

Thanks for clearing that up.  I knew there was something amiss.

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Unikitty thing doesn't have the Minifigures logo on it. And set number doesn't fit in the CMF line-up. So, yeah. These are not CMFs

This means there will be 3 CMFs series this year.

Batman Movie 2: January

Series 18: April

Harry Potter: August. 

How many figs does HP have?