r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

1 hour ago, parsom said:

According to instagram leak - series 18 will have 17 minifigures. Next Mr Gold?

That's been batted around a few times since we found out there were gonna be seventeen figures, which was some months back.

I know I've said this before, but if this Harry Potter theme and CMF line also includes material based upon the Fantastic Beasts movie and its sequel, then at least we'd obtain some 1920's-1930's minifigure attire prints for period set repurposing, which would be the only good thing I would hope for from this theme.

That or at least loads of bricks in desirable rare recolors and/or a Expert scale Hogwarts Express.

I should clarify my earlier statement about my source and the Harry Potter wand pieces.  My source actually said they didn't remember seeing any new wand pieces, not that there would not be any new wand pieces.  So, there may indeed be a new wand piece.  Sorry for the confusion!

Also, this is supposed to be representing the "Wizarding World" rather than any particular movie or book...

Edited by x105Black

Just now, x105Black said:

I should clarify my earlier statement about my source and the Harry Potter wand pieces.  My source actually said they didn't remember seeing any new wand pieces, not that there would not be any new wand pieces.  So, there may indeed be a new wand piece.  Sorry for the confusion!

Also, this is supposed to be representing the "Wizarding World" rather than any particular movie or book...

Thanks but I think this should be in the Harry Potter CMF thread :classic:

Edited by Robert8

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks but I think this should be in the Harry Potter CMF thread :classic:

Maybe, but it relates to a conversation from the last page of this thread.

For those that have yet to see it, here is the promotional art of the Tree Suit:

l_lego-60174-city-politie-1898359778.png?resize=625%2C352&ssl=1l_lego-60174-city-politie-41576030839.png?resize=625%2C352&ssl=1

And there's that puma / cougar / mountain lion in the background as well.

rob_ot didn't recall seeing anything tree-related on the list, so we can probably knock off speculation on the tree suit being reused in S.18.

If I was to bet $1, the Tree Guy would have been put in series 18 and then it has been removed and pushed to a "normal" set and found its place in this one.
Which is brilliant, as you cannot order parts from CMFs line, so now we can order the skunk and the log costume. Fantastic.

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If I was to bet $1, the Tree Guy would have been put in series 18 and then it has been removed and pushed to a "normal" set and found its place in this one.
Which is brilliant, as you cannot order parts from CMFs line, so now we can order the skunk and the log costume. Fantastic.

And the beehive! What fits on a minifig head. I can see the little vignettes with a running beehiveman and cmf beelady in it

On November 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Your probably right after I suggested a tree suit guy for series 18 someone from Lego saw it and said " take the tree suit out " so that my first prediction for series 18 is completely crushed oh well .... But they still made it in another more expensive set so I will probably have to pay like $120 dollars for that tree piece ( and mountain lion! ) or wait knowing Lego they'll probably use it in another set eventually.   :sceptic:

1 hour ago, 1Panda said:

Your probably right after I suggested a tree suit guy for series 18 someone from Lego saw it and said " take the tree suit out " so that my first prediction for series 18 is completely crushed oh well .... But they still made it in another more expensive set so I will probably have to pay like $120 dollars for that tree piece ( and mountain lion! ) or wait knowing Lego they'll probably use it in another set eventually.   :sceptic:

I'm hoping they end up available through Bricks & Pieces.  If not, there's always BrickLink and ebay.

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

I'm hoping they end up available through Bricks & Pieces.  If not, there's always BrickLink and ebay.

Yeah I think they would.

Over on Instagram under #legoleak, there is an image of a pile of yellow CMF blind bags branded under the name "Renault Sport Formula One Team".

Has anyone seen these yet, and if so, has it been debunked yet or what?

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on Instagram under #legoleak, there is an image of a pile of yellow CMF blind bags branded under the name "Renault Sport Formula One Team".

Has anyone seen these yet, and if so, has it been debunked yet or what?

Might be connected to the new Renault F1 sets and the event at the Renault Atelier in Paris -> https://media.group.renault.com/global/en-gb/renault/media/pressreleases/21200348/renault-sport-formula-one-team-et-lego-france-se-rencontrent-a-latelier-renault

Or, possible connection No. 2: There is a raffle on the web for French people, they are giving away Renault F1 car sets in Minifig / Town size. Maybe that's what the bags are for. Lost the link to it, unfortunately, sorry.

Edited by Capparezza

16 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Might be connected to the new Renault F1 sets and the event at the Renault Atelier in Paris ->

Interesting, I didn't hear about this before.

Now just this morning, The Brothers Brick posted this article about three of these Certified Professional made sets for Renault, only available in limited quantities. Nothing in the article though mentions anything about the polybags.

Brothers Brick - Renault is Celebrating 40 Years of its Formula One Racing Team with Unique LEGO Certified Sets [News]

Spoiler

26949793129_ecd63b6236_b.jpg?resize=640,

24852765678_34e85c0d84_b.jpg?resize=640,

lego-lcp-renault-rs2027-vision.jpg?w=600

I think the more salient issue is why the hell is miniNico running around in a Speedo? :laugh:

Edited by K_Tiger

Update

April 2018:  CMF Series 18

September 2018: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter series

January 2019: The LEGO Movie Sequel series*

*unconfirmed but highly likely

Do you expect a special series for the 10th anniversary of the theme in 2020?

Edited by Robert8

I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was some kind of special theme for the regular series in '20. Maybe a Mr. Gold Redux.

Edited by K_Tiger

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Update

September 2018: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter series

Is it confirmed confirmed? *huh*

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Do you expect a special series for the 10th anniversary of the theme in 2020?

Sure, I just hope that it won't be a (insert animal/inanimate object here) suit guy party 2.0. :hmpf_bad:

But, I also do hope that by that time it will be a Series 20, and that 2019 will have room for at least Series 19. I don't want to see a year without at least one regular series, as that's a precedent I hope will never be set.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, I just hope that it won't be a (insert animal/inanimate object here) suit guy party 2.0. :hmpf_bad:

But, I also do hope that by that time it will be a Series 20, and that 2019 will have room for at least Series 19. I don't want to see a year without at least one regular series, as that's a precedent I hope will never be set.

This in spades. I wish they'd dial back the licensed waves to one a year, but I don't think it's gonna happen. On the subject of anniversaries, does anyone think they'll print a special logo on the base plates like they've done with TLBM S.2?

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

On the subject of anniversaries, does anyone think they'll print a special logo on the base plates like they've done with TLBM S.2?

Remember that strange circular 4×4 base that came with Polka Dot Man in the Ultimate Batmobile? I thought that would eventually be the next CMF display plate right after the fact starting with the TLNM series, but perhaps we will we see its debut in Series 18? :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Remember that strange circular 4×4 base that came with Polka Dot Man in the Ultimate Batmobile? I thought that would eventually be the next CMF display plate right after the fact starting with the TLNM series, but perhaps we will we see its debut in Series 18? :shrug_confused:

Huh, I just thought he was on a 4x4 round plate. That's an interesting thought on them changing the base plate design, though I'm moving away from using the factory base plates altogether.