r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 28/10/2017 at 11:42 PM, Fifulin said:

An idea just flew out of my head.  What if we got LEGO The Middle??? To celebrate the show's retirement

Jokes in the middle are a bit overly adult, though. And most kids and even teens probs wouldn't have seen it

On 28/10/2017 at 11:42 PM, Fifulin said:

An idea just flew out of my head.  What if we got LEGO The Middle??? To celebrate the show's retirement

I'd never heard of it either. I doubt a (globally) not very well known US TV show would go down very well as a CMF series. The Simpsons is well known world-wide and that seems not to have sold that well as a CMF series (although I liked it, but they could have done better characters).

Okay so I saw on Instagram, this guy was saying how's there's a rumour that in 2018 there will be a Sons of Garmadon CMF Series, he claims there's sources and hints that back this up, he got his friend to do some fan art based off of this rumour as well. Maybe the HP CMF Series is replaced because TLNM CMF Series did brilliantly?

48 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Okay so I saw on Instagram, this guy was saying how's there's a rumour that in 2018 there will be a Sons of Garmadon CMF Series, he claims there's sources and hints that back this up, he got his friend to do some fan art based off of this rumour as well. Maybe the HP CMF Series is replaced because TLNM CMF Series did brilliantly?

I don’t think sog minifigure series is coming. Mainly because of the minifigures that were listed for this series seemed to be a fan wishlist with mostly all filler figures that every ninjago fan really wants like the first spinjitzu master and pink Zane. If there was another ninjago series coming, it would be about the movie

20 hours ago, J4ck said:

I'm highly dubious. If whatever it is happens at all it will likely be a polybag.

22 hours ago, J4ck said:

TLNM CMF Series did brilliantly?

Did it? They still seem to be everywhere near me.

And everyone claims "sources" when they put out either genuine or completely made up rumours.

I'm not saying it is happening because that means HP will be cancelled and it sounds like it's already being worked on but I hope for SOG being a Series as HP is a wasted slot to me. 100% waste.

Edited by J4ck

Just now, MAB said:

Did it? They still seem to be everywhere near me.

And everyone claims "sources" when they put out either genuine or completely made up rumours.

I agree with the second comment. To me they seem to have sold faster in my area.

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

I'm not saying it is happening because that means HP will be cancelled and it sounds like it's already being worked on but I hope for SOG being a Series as HP is a wasted slot to me. 100% waste.

Both are compared to a classic series.

9 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Both are compared to a classic series.

I more or less agree, but since Lego seems determined to release licensed series all the time these days then HP is on top of my list! The rest of the licensed series I have little or no interest in unless they include a new animal mould :tongue: I won't be surprised if I actually have more use for a HP series than series 18 "dress up party", hope they bring back the normal classic series soon :sceptic:

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I more or less agree, but since Lego seems determined to release licensed series all the time these days then HP is on top of my list! The rest of the licensed series I have little or no interest in unless they include a new animal mould :tongue: I won't be surprised if I actually have more use for a HP series than series 18 "dress up party", hope they bring back the normal classic series soon :sceptic:

If they put a DEMENTOR in the HP cmf series, then HP will have my attention. If not, no.

My only problem with a potential HP series is that there is little likelihood of getting any wacky, unusual or innovative characters. In a regular CMF series there are serious, straightforward figs--such as the historic castle/pirate figs, which fill a void in current themes, and then there are characters with never-before-seen accessories some of which are also straightforward, like the Mariachi guitar, but there are also things like a giant banana suit or Lobster Thermidor. Whether or not those are useful to you as a builder, the innovation in prints, parts, and accessories is a great source for novelty in MOCs and figbarfs everywhere.

Will HP have any new molds? New accessories? Probably not. New prints? Likely, but I imagine they won't have a broad appeal. Whereas a regular series has something for everyone, a HP series is a theme designed more for nostalgiaphiles than builders. But hey, maybe I'll be wrong and it'll have all kinds of new goodies (fingers crossed). 

I would enjoy a Wizarding World of Harry Potter CMF because of the license. But out of all the licensed CMF, the only ones that were duds for me were The Simpsons. I only got a Bartman for the slingshot mold and a Maggie for the toddler body mold.

The others times I say I won't want any but I got Ninjago for the bowl prints, the scarf, the scientist with the Batman t-shirt, and the icee cup. Even for Batman wave 2, the Native American, dolphin, and white tuxedos should have broad appeal. The Victorian bathing suit on the Alfreds is of great interest to me as I am building a Victorian world.

LEGO must know that they need to have items with broad appeal to make a successful CMF, whether it is LEGO or not. If we do get HP, I hope there is enough stuff to interest non HP fans.

4 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

My only problem with a potential HP series is that there is little likelihood of getting any wacky, unusual or innovative characters. In a regular CMF series there are serious, straightforward figs--such as the historic castle/pirate figs, which fill a void in current themes, and then there are characters with never-before-seen accessories some of which are also straightforward, like the Mariachi guitar, but there are also things like a giant banana suit or Lobster Thermidor. Whether or not those are useful to you as a builder, the innovation in prints, parts, and accessories is a great source for novelty in MOCs and figbarfs everywhere.

Will HP have any new molds? New accessories? Probably not. New prints? Likely, but I imagine they won't have a broad appeal. Whereas a regular series has something for everyone, a HP series is a theme designed more for nostalgiaphiles than builders. But hey, maybe I'll be wrong and it'll have all kinds of new goodies (fingers crossed). 

There's a chance for a plenty of new molds in HP. New hairs, new molds of wand, new animals, etc.

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

An updated owl?

Surprisingly we already got those in the last wave of HP sets

On 12 November 2017 at 5:47 PM, J4ck said:

Ok so I found the Instagram user (@mario_power56) he thinks the Ninjago SOG Series will run along side another series, I am not sure which series, either runs along TLBM Series 2 or Series 18.

7 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

There's a chance for a plenty of new molds in HP. New hairs, new molds of wand, new animals, etc.

My source said there will be no new wand mold, much to my dismay.

22 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

I suppose. But as much as I might love new hair molds it's hardly worth it IMO to shell out for a $4 CMF for a hair mold w/o other accessories/prints to increase the appeal. We have had it suggested that no new wand would appear (and their usefulness might be limited even if there were). As for new animals, they would have to be small, with the most likely being a new owl, a small owl, a cat and possibly a smaller rat. Given a likely 16-to-20 figure lineup, that doesn't give me much hope the line will be substantially different than the Simpsons: a small group of people will love every one, a few will like a few, (@Itaria No Shintaku will swoon if there is a dementor), and FOL-dom at large will breathe a sigh of *meh*.

I would love to be wrong about this.

12 minutes ago, rodiziorobs said:

I suppose. But as much as I might love new hair molds it's hardly worth it IMO to shell out for a $4 CMF for a hair mold w/o other accessories/prints to increase the appeal. We have had it suggested that no new wand would appear (and their usefulness might be limited even if there were). As for new animals, they would have to be small, with the most likely being a new owl, a small owl, a cat and possibly a smaller rat. Given a likely 16-to-20 figure lineup, that doesn't give me much hope the line will be substantially different than the Simpsons: a small group of people will love every one, a few will like a few, (@Itaria No Shintaku will swoon if there is a dementor), and FOL-dom at large will breathe a sigh of *meh*.

I would love to be wrong about this.

DEMENTOR CONFIRMED? *laaughs*

1 hour ago, rodiziorobs said:

As for new animals, they would have to be small, with the most likely being a new owl, a small owl, a cat and possibly a smaller rat.

The new batman series include a dolphin so they do not need to be that small!

-Sirius Black with his animagus form "padfoot" (big dog)

-Professor McGonagall with her animagus form (cat)

-Hermione with Crookshanks (big cat)

-Ron with Pigwidgeon (small owl)

-Hagrid with Fang the Boarhound

-Ravenclaw eagle, Slytherin snake and Hufflepuff badger (the lion is to big I guess)

etc in addition to all the fantastic beast they could include :wink:

10 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Was there ever even a wand mould? Hasn't it always just been a stick? 

Yes, it was always just a stick.  That's why I'm disappointed that they didn't create a new mold for it.  I mean, they made a sonic screwdriver mold, it shouldn't be that hard to make a tapered stick...

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

in addition to all the fantastic beast they could include :wink:

Oh, man! I forgot this was likely to be a Fantastic Beasts tie-in. Plus all the animagi forms. Well then, there may be some potential.