r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 10. 8. 2017 at 3:31 PM, julesvincent said:

So, to go even further, I think it is safe to say that Mid 2019 will be S19.

Jan 18 - Batman Movie 2

May 18 - CMF Series 18

Sep 18 - Harry Potter

Jan 19 - TLM 2

May 19 - CMF Series 19

Aaaaaaaand maaaaaybeee.... just maybee.... Sep 19 - Scooby Doo, thus making the theme return??? What?? Only me wanting that??? Ok.

Just now, Fifulin said:

Aaaaaaaand maaaaaybeee.... just maybee.... Sep 19 - Scooby Doo, thus making the theme return??? What?? Only me wanting that??? Ok.

Unless they completely skip it for a year, the September slot has to be filled by a traditional non-licensed CMS (a.k.a. Series 19).

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Unless they completely skip it for a year, the September slot has to be filled by a traditional non-licensed CMS (a.k.a. Series 19).

That's why i don't like NonLicensed CMFs. (No offense to everyone who likes them)

13 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

That's why i don't like NonLicensed CMFs. (No offense to everyone who likes them)

Well, licensed/branded offshoot CMSs certainly now take up the bulk of each year now, so I'm grateful we are at least seeing one traditional CMS a year now.

Regarding a hypothetical Scooby Doo CMS though, I think instead if we were to see such a line, a broader Hanna Barbara CMS would be a much more ideal scenario.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, licensed/branded offshoot CMSs certainly now take up the bulk of each year now, so I'm grateful we are at least seeing one traditional CMS a year now.

Regarding a hypothetical Scooby Doo CMS though, I think instead if we were to see such a line, a broader Hanna Barbara CMS would be a much more ideal scenario.

Maaaaan, I would LOVE a Hanna-Barbera line of CMFs. I don't think it's likely, but who knows?

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Maaaaan, I would LOVE a Hanna-Barbera line of CMFs. I don't think it's likely, but who knows?

I do think TLG may be considering the franchise for the distant, if not near, future. As of now, for instance, there are two Flintstones based Ideas projects with 5000+ votes making their way to the 10K threshold; and Warner Bros. has a animated Hanna Barbera cinematic universe in the works, with its first entry, a Scooby Doo movie, slated for 2020.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I do think TLG may be considering the franchise for the distant, if not near, future. As of now, for instance, there are two Flintstones based Ideas projects with 5000+ votes making their way to the 10K threshold; and Warner Bros. has a animated Hanna Barbera cinematic universe in the works, with its first entry, a Scooby Doo movie, slated for 2020.

And if we are getting a Scooby movie at the cinema, maybe LEGO will use their Scooby Doo license to make new sets!!!! I hope they aren't so much about the new movie tho, because i would much more prefer to get classic villains instead of a new one.

TLBM series 2 seems a bit late as there is now no tie in with the movie or with the DVD release. In a way, I hope it bombs so that future movies get just one series to coincide with the movie.

Classic Disney (so Disney series 2) would probably be a much better seller worldwide than Scooby Doo, even without any current movie tie-ins. Plus they've done enough monsters recently - through the S14 CMFs and Scooby Doo sets, it is time for something else. I'm not including Monster Fighters as that is now 5 years old.

54 minutes ago, MAB said:

TLBM series 2 seems a bit late as there is now no tie in with the movie or with the DVD release. In a way, I hope it bombs so that future movies get just one series to coincide with the movie.

Classic Disney (so Disney series 2) would probably be a much better seller worldwide than Scooby Doo, even without any current movie tie-ins. Plus they've done enough monsters recently - through the S14 CMFs and Scooby Doo sets, it is time for something else. I'm not including Monster Fighters as that is now 5 years old.

Agreed. I find it a mystery why they would sell now another batman series... but that's the fact.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Agreed. I find it a mystery why they would sell now another batman series... but that's the fact.

I'm interested to see how many of them are barrel scrapings. There are a couple of genuinely good ones, and there may be a couple of more that we don't yet know about. Got to be honest, most of my enthusiasm for  S.2 went out the door once it was revealed they were gonna toss the FaF figures in that damn DTC set. No thanks, LEGO.

Just thankful we're not gonna see a half-hearted TLNM S.2.

8 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm interested to see how many of them are barrel scrapings. There are a couple of genuinely good ones, and there may be a couple of more that we don't yet know about. Got to be honest, most of my enthusiasm for  S.2 went out the door once it was revealed they were gonna toss the FaF figures in that damn DTC set. No thanks, LEGO.

Just thankful we're not gonna see a half-hearted TLNM S.2.

Harry Potter seems quite promising, tho.

Definitely! I'm excited for it's potential, but also dread LEGO's propensity for carrot-and-stick tactics. I just know they're going to stick the best stuff in sets.

I was fairly pleased with the way they handled the figures in both Disney and Simpsons (aside from missing the more adult characters). I hope HP is done similar. 

Having purchased the disney castle i would like to see actual minifigs to match all the rooms and spaces

I jave aladin and the genie along with alice but there are many empty rooms with no traditional minifigs -not the princess/elves/friends variety.  I am even using a mickey head, palpetine guard torso and red slope to mimic the sorcerer's apprentice for that room

An idea just flew out of my head.  What if we got LEGO The Middle??? To celebrate the show's retirement

28 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

An idea just flew out of my head.  What if we got LEGO The Middle??? To celebrate the show's retirement

I think that's quite difficult.

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I think that's quite difficult.

Yeeeah, but wouldn't it be cool?

17 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'm not an hardcore fan of it... so I wouldn't like that very much, sorry.

Yep, color me uninterested.

2 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Just saw a pic of a „carrot-suit“ minifig on instagram. Don‘t know though if it is legit for S18 or fake. 

It is a custom. It is a good one though. 

22 minutes ago, Borex said:

It is a custom. It is a good one though. 

Interesting. I’m pretty sure I saw a knock off Chinese brand showcasing a Carrot minifig sometime this week. Totally possible it’s a takeoff of the custom, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got it as a leak from the China factory of a real minifig.