r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

So, to go even further, I think it is safe to say that Mid 2019 will be S19.

Jan 18 - Batman Movie 2

May 18 - CMF Series 18

Sep 18 - Harry Potter

Jan 19 - TLM 2

May 19 - CMF Series 19

29 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Okay, that makes sense to me. Thank you, @Digger of Bricks

And again, unless the film is rescheduled by WB, May 2019's CMS will likely be entied to the next cinematic film The Billion Brick Race to be released the same month.

Hopefully they do 20 minifigures and most if not all Harry Potter. This excites me that there could be a chance of a d2c for Harry Potter 

7 hours ago, Borex said:

Harry Potter, so no fantastic beasts? How many figs? 20 or 16? 

Not really familiar with the hp world (saw those movies once), but i'd like to get an owl as an accessory in one of them. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't include some minifigures from the wider Wizarding World.  And yes, of course, and owl (or 3) would be fantastic!

To be honest we've already established all of this. 

4 hours ago, julesvincent said:

So, to go even further, I think it is safe to say that Mid 2019 will be S19.

Jan 18 - Batman Movie 2

May 18 - CMF Series 18

Sep 18 - Harry Potter

Jan 19 - TLM 2

May 19 - CMF Series 19

Yes, correct, only thing I think might change is the May 2019 slot.

Judging by all the unsold packets of TLBM CMF I see everywhere I go here in Oz (and the fact that they are now selling TLBM CMF on Shop @ Home on discount, I am surprised that a second series of TLBM CMF would be viable. I am also surprised they aren't doing a second series of Disney CMF given how well the first one sold.

Or have TLBM CMF sold better in other countries or something?

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Judging by all the unsold packets of TLBM CMF I see everywhere I go here in Oz (and the fact that they are now selling TLBM CMF on Shop @ Home on discount, I am surprised that a second series of TLBM CMF would be viable. I am also surprised they aren't doing a second series of Disney CMF given how well the first one sold.

Or have TLBM CMF sold better in other countries or something?

My local Midco is selling them 3 for 2. I am rather surprised by this.

A Toys-R-Us near me has Series 16, Series 17, Disney, Batman and Ninjago minifigures available. They'll eventually sell out I'm sure, but I've never seen so many different series available at the same time before.

- MJ

Edited by MicroJow

Just now, MicroJow said:

A Toys-R-Us near me has Series 17, Series 18, Disney, Batman and Ninjago minifigures available

*oh2*

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*oh2*

Man, you jumped on that fast. I noticed my mistake and made the edit within 30 seconds of it posting!

On 31/8/2017 at 6:26 AM, J4ck said:

Lego will never go back to Simpsons, it will damage their brand values, don't troll.

Like.... the Joker shot and raped Barbara Gordon, and there are like 2348734089 Joker minifigures

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Like.... the Joker shot and raped Barbara Gordon, and there are like 2348734089 Joker minifigures

What do you try to explain?

Edited by Pop Star c o

Are there really that many missing characters in the Lego Batman Movie that warrant making another entire series or is this going to be just a further assortment of unnecessary Batman costumes he'd never actually wear? Don't suppose there were any animals in the film that would be worthy of being an accessory, e.g. a zoo breakout scene? I have seen the robotic penguins but just wondering if there is anything else likely?

2 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Are there really that many missing characters in the Lego Batman Movie that warrant making another entire series or is this going to be just a further assortment of unnecessary Batman costumes he'd never actually wear?

Considering what we have been told won't be appearing in S.2, I'm starting to wonder this myself.

Well, insiders told us there won't be a lot of different new batmen in this series. So a few villains and some superheroes actually. That is enough reason to make a good solid cmf series imho. 

I don't mind the lack of Batsuits, the only one I really wanted is El Murcielago, and I don't like the odds of LEGO making that one-off use sombrero/cowl mold. Zod is great to get, but Gentleman Ghost is in a set, so outside of Doctor Phosphorous I'm having a tough time thinking of villains that we already know about that I'd care to see. FaF, Phantom Zone villains and Concept art figures are all out. That leaves us Batgirl and Robin variants, Justice Leaguers (meh) and civilians, maybe an Alfred?

They've obviously got a series put together, but I'm thinking it's Simpsons S.2 compared to what it actually could have been. Hopefully they make me eat my words.

Edited by K_Tiger

22 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Are there really that many missing characters in the Lego Batman Movie that warrant making another entire series or is this going to be just a further assortment of unnecessary Batman costumes he'd never actually wear? Don't suppose there were any animals in the film that would be worthy of being an accessory, e.g. a zoo breakout scene? I have seen the robotic penguins but just wondering if there is anything else likely?

The wonder twins' monkey, Gleek.

9 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I don't mind the lack of Batsuits, the only one I really wanted is El Murcielago, and I don't like the odds of LEGO making that one-off use sombrero/cowl mold. Zod is great to get, but Gentleman Ghost is in a set, so outside of Doctor Phosphorous I'm having a tough time thinking of villains that we already know about that I'd care to see. FaF, Phantom Zone villains and Concept art figures are all out. That leaves us Batgirl and Robin variants, Justice Leaguers (meh) and civilians, maybe an Alfred?

They've obviously got a series put together, but I'm thinking it's Simpsons S.2 compared to what it actually could have been. Hopefully they make me eat my words.

Well with the bricktober pack of bat suits, there is more coverage of bat suits so I'm not as concerned, I would love quite a few heroes, '66 Alfred would be pretty awesome! Especially since he isn't seen in any sets dressed like that.

21 hours ago, Borex said:

Well, insiders told us there won't be a lot of different new batmen in this series. So a few villains and some superheroes actually. That is enough reason to make a good solid cmf series imho. 

Well, then this is going to be a hard sell for casual fans.  The reason that TLBM CMF sells quite well as a "complete set" is due to all different batsuits. If you buy them loose all you find left behind inside the boxes are the non-batsuit characters. I think it's a terrible idea not to include more batsuits.

On 5 September 2017 at 5:06 AM, makoy said:

Well, then this is going to be a hard sell for casual fans.  The reason that TLBM CMF sells quite well as a "complete set" is due to all different batsuits. If you buy them loose all you find left behind inside the boxes are the non-batsuit characters. I think it's a terrible idea not to include more batsuits.

Especially since they are the main selling point for most children and some of us adults as well.

I'm infinitely more excited about the prospect of the heroes from the Super Friends party as I would be in more batsuits.

5 minutes ago, Gomek said:

I'm infinitely more excited about the prospect of the heroes from the Super Friends party as I would be in more batsuits.

Not gonna lie, I'm definitely take advantage if this opportunity to buy super hero minifigures at such low low prices.