r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

2 hours ago, MAB said:

as it has been too long since series 1 and 2, and the D2C sets.

I think the D2C are the point. We're always talking about Series 2 mitigated and mixed opinions, but we're all okay on the fact that series 1 was successful, also both of D2C, am I right ? We are okay to say that Simpson Series releases was related to D2C releases. We could think that LEGO already knew about the CMF Disney & D2C Caste releases when they first release CMF Simpson 1 & House. LEGO has a calendar for all the D2C they release. So we will get a series 3 when a new D2C will be scheduled (probably the same with Disney Series 2) (or a contrario, we will get a new D2C when we'll know about new Simpson or Disney CMF)

12 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

I think the D2C are the point. We're always talking about Series 2 mitigated and mixed opinions, but we're all okay on the fact that series 1 was successful, also both of D2C, am I right ? We are okay to say that Simpson Series releases was related to D2C releases. We could think that LEGO already knew about the CMF Disney & D2C Caste releases when they first release CMF Simpson 1 & House. LEGO has a calendar for all the D2C they release. So we will get a series 3 when a new D2C will be scheduled (probably the same with Disney Series 2) (or a contrario, we will get a new D2C when we'll know about new Simpson or Disney CMF)

Or (more likely) we'll get nothing more from The Simpsons.

I believe the house and Kwik-E-Mart were well received by AFOLs and some older kids, but I haven't a clue how well they did financially.

I think it has been too long between Simpsons CMF series for them to do a 3rd series. If they do a 3rd, they'll have to repeat a lot of characters to get new people drawn in. If people didn't already buy S1 and S2, then presumably they won't be interested in S3, so the pool of potential buyers drops.

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Let me preface this by saying I have no dog in the fight, as I'm not a Simpsons fan. While I agree the family repeats were lame, there was no way LEGO was gonna do a second wave and not have them as anchor characters. You can also be certain that if a 3rd series materialized there would be variants of the Simpsons family taking up slots. TLM had an Emmet we didn't need, and TLNM has not one, but TWO L-loyd figures largely unchanged from their set versions, as well as a Master Wu eating up a slot.

And three Lord Garmadons!

46 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

And since a HP CMF Series is probably happening then we might get a HP D2C. I'm not interesting in HP/FB in the slightest, mo' money for me :tongue: !

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

And three Lord Garmadons!

I'm kind of mixed feelings on the Garmadon situation. Flashback Garmadon is the kind of figure that belongs in the CMF line, and I even appreciate the Pajama variant. I genuinely like the "regular" Garmadon, but he is redundant, recolored hat and new staff excepted.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm kind of mixed feelings on the Garmadon situation. Flashback Garmadon is the kind of figure that belongs in the CMF line, and I even appreciate the Pajama variant. I genuinely like the "regular" Garmadon, but he is redundant, recolored hat and new staff excepted.

I don't usually say this but I'm glad they put a "regular villain" in the CMF line this time, he looks great with the hat and staff!

I would have replaced the ninjas and Wu with townsfolk and recolored, funny helmet-wearing villains. If for nothing else than to make up for sticking that boring watch cap thug in virtually every other set.

On 14 July 2017 at 10:39 PM, K_Tiger said:

I would have replaced the ninjas and Wu with townsfolk and recolored, funny helmet-wearing villains. If for nothing else than to make up for sticking that boring watch cap thug in virtually every other set.

Shame they aren't doing a second series :sad:

Sometimes I do feel that TLG's strategy is becoming more Google-like: scatter the seeds around, see which one sprouts and then nurture those that mature and grow healthily. I guess it's good if it works for their bottom-line but there are times I doubt the management knows where the CMF line is heading due to the fast pace the market demands/preference is changing. After all, TLG is in the retail market and majority of their planning is based on market response and current taste.

So, licensed CMFs is likely going to stay whether we like it or not... However, when time comes that market and sales DATA dictates there is very low reward for TLG to produce licensed CMFs, then that's likely the tipping point when the marketing group will hit the break and scatter more seeds to grow.

5 hours ago, makoy said:

Sometimes I do feel that TLG's strategy is becoming more Google-like: scatter the seeds around, see which one sprouts and then nurture those that mature and grow healthily. I guess it's good if it works for their bottom-line but there are times I doubt the management knows where the CMF line is heading due to the fast pace the market demands/preference is changing. After all, TLG is in the retail market and majority of their planning is based on market response and current taste.

So, licensed CMFs is likely going to stay whether we like it or not... However, when time comes that market and sales DATA dictates there is very low reward for TLG to produce licensed CMFs, then that's likely the tipping point when the marketing group will hit the break and scatter more seeds to grow.

So in other words we just need to be patient. Don't get me wrong I like the TLBM CMF Series and the TLNM CMF Series (TLM CMF Series was alright) but I didn't like Simpsons, Disney and I definitely won't be buying Harry Potter so that's 3/8 Licensed series I like. RIP Regular CMF Series :sad:

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

So in other words we just need to be patient. Don't get me wrong I like the TLBM CMF Series and the TLNM CMF Series (TLM CMF Series was alright) but I didn't like Simpsons, Disney and I definitely won't be buying Harry Potter so that's 3/8 Licensed series I like. RIP Regular CMF Series :sad:

I'm pretty sure Lego will at least maintain one regular CMS per year, and with the way it is going, I'm expecting to see S19 slated for Sept. 2019.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm pretty sure Lego will at least maintain one regular CMS per year, and with the way it is going, I'm expecting to see S19 slated for Sept. 2019.

I know but now I realise how much I love the regular series, I miss them! But hey we're gonna get some real nice ones this August and January!

Oh.... yes it does like them

31 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

A few pages back, someone tried to tease us with some supposed snippets of possible future figures. I think I found the source:

http://bricksfanz.com/introducing-lego-quest-collect-legend-of-the-master-brick/

Quest2.png?w=900

Quest3.png?w=900

Quest6.png?w=900

Quest5.png?w=900

Thanks to @badbob001 for the pics

I don't how are those could be related to the CMF line

Not sure if these characters will appear elsewhere, considering this line:

• Collect famous LEGO® characters throughout Brick World, including characters exclusive to the game.

19 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

HP series coming in late 2018, you heard it here first folks.

Ah, well, it did seem to be the most obvious possibility. :sceptic: I guess though there may be a D2C of some sort to be entied with it.

Do you know if it is an original HP movie based series, a FB based series, or a combination?

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Do you know if it is an original HP movie based series, a FB based series, or a combination?

That's a good question, it's a mystery :sweet:

Thanks for the confirmation

So, this is what we are expecting

Jan 18 - Batman Movie 2

May 18 - CMF Series 18

Sep 18 - Harry Potter

Jan 19 - ????

Very nice to hear.  I think a lot of us had already assumed it, but it's good to have someone just come out and say it.

Should be interesting to see what the Wizarding World provides us with.  Would it be too much to hope for a new wand mold?  Strangely that's what I'm hoping for most.  Maybe it's my avoidance of fleshies.

Harry Potter, so no fantastic beasts? How many figs? 20 or 16? 

Not really familiar with the hp world (saw those movies once), but i'd like to get an owl as an accessory in one of them. 

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks for the confirmation

So, this is what we are expecting

Jan 18 - Batman Movie 2

May 18 - CMF Series 18

Sep 18 - Harry Potter

Jan 19 - ????

One question about the January 2019 LEGO Minifigure Series. Does anyone know whether this CMF series will be licensed or not?

Edited by MatthewRC