r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

3 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I hadn't thought about this possibility but I'm liking it. I just hope if that's the case there isn't too much fleshie showing. Not that I really mind fleshies, it's just that my current (and foreseeable future) collection has a lot more customizing options for classic yellows.

Now all we need is some one who knows to confirm or deny HP/FB.

That would be either rob-ot5000 or Itaria No Shintaku

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

That would be either rob-ot5000 or Itaria No Shintaku

I can neither confirm nor deny at this time.

(I'm practicing my stock PR responses. Pretty good, right?)

7 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I'll take that as a confirm! :laugh:

7 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Brilliant haha. I'm really hoping it isn't HP/FB. I don't see what else there can be.

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

Well at least my wallet can take a break :laugh:

15 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

What this nice guy said.

Well, given that our beloved leakers denied specific themes, and have repeatedly refused to deny the HP/FB theme even though it has been discussed at great lengths, I think we can be 90% sure that's what the mystery licensed series is. With Batman 2 and the suits series, sounds like next year will break my wallet!

If it's going to be HP/FB i hope also for some fantastic beasts as minifig, and owls as accesoires. I'm not really familiar with the themes so i have no idea what we could expect with a series like this. 

6 minutes ago, Borex said:

If it's going to be HP/FB i hope also for some fantastic beasts as minifig, and owls as accesoires. I'm not really familiar with the themes so i have no idea what we could expect with a series like this. 

Lots of 4L lightsaber blades in reddish brown. :grin:

Jokes aside, someone mentioned FB as a source for 1920s prints and hair pieces, so that's what I'd look forward too. I'm a HP fan, but FB seemwd a pretty flimsy premise for a continuation of the franchise.

21 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

21 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Wait, what??

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Lots of 4L lightsaber blades in reddish brown. :grin:

It'll be a real shame if they come out with new Harry Potter minifigures, but they don't have a new wand mold.

20 minutes ago, x105Black said:

It'll be a real shame if they come out with new Harry Potter minifigures, but they don't have a new wand mold.

I don't think they see a point. I'd like a new mold, or at least start printing them with some kind of design.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

I don't think they see a point. I'd like a new mold, or at least start printing them with some kind of design.

Likely they'll just use this one. :iamded_lol:

th?id=OIP.ijC-jGlbcBdwvANwY-oQ4gClEs&pid=15.1

Just now, K_Tiger said:

*snort*

Don't give 'em any ideas!

Heehee! :grin: Thanks for the laugh man!

They could have used the bar for the sonic screwdriver, which is basically a high tech wand, but they made a new mold.  One new, simple wand mold and they could use it for nearly any character from the Potter universe (and later for other magic users, or even as drum sticks).  But yeah, I think we will sadly see the bar instead.

Does anyone think there's a remote chance of getting a Simpsons Series 3? The theme seems dead to me, but there's still so many essential characters missing.

Here's my wish list for a series 3, in prioritized order:

1. Moe
  2. Principal Skinner
  3. Otto
  4. Sideshow Bob
  5. Carl
  6. Lenny
  7. Barney
  8. Sideshow Mel
  9. Cletus
  10. Snake
  11. Rainer Wolfcastle
  12. Duffman
  13. Superintendent Chalmers
  14. Jaqueline Bouvier
  15. Major Quimby
  16. Fat Tony

9 hours ago, bjorn77 said:

Does anyone think there's a remote chance of getting a Simpsons Series 3? The theme seems dead to me, but there's still so many essential characters missing.

1. Moe
  2. Principal Skinner
  3. Otto
  4. Sideshow Bob
  5. Carl
  6. Lenny
  7. Barney
  8. Sideshow Mel
  9. Cletus
  10. Snake
  11. Rainer Wolfcastle
  12. Duffman
  14. Jaqueline Bouvier
  15. Major Quimby
  16. Fat Tony

Snake was already an exclusivity for the D2C, he can't be in a potential series 3, I'd like to see one or both aliens in this potential series 3.

12 hours ago, x105Black said:

They could have used the bar for the sonic screwdriver, which is basically a high tech wand, but they made a new mold.  One new, simple wand mold and they could use it for nearly any character from the Potter universe (and later for other magic users, or even as drum sticks).  But yeah, I think we will sadly see the bar instead.

I think LEGO could make a new wand especially for this comeback, the kind of wand we can see on the websites proposing compatible accessories (you can look for "lego wand" on Google Image to see the black, brown and golden ones), this is the kind of return that deserves a new wand mold, maybe?

Edited by notpennysboat

3 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I think LEGO could make a new wand especially for this comeback, the kind of wand we can see on the websites proposing compatible accessories (you can look for "lego wand" on Google Image to see the black, brown and golden ones), this is the kind of return that deserves a new wand mold, maybe?

I would think so.

11 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I'd like to see one or both aliens in this potential series 3.

It would be easy to feel Kang and Kodos through the bags :). But it wouldn't really be minfigs per se, so I doubt it. Perhaps a good candidate for a Lego Dimensions set though?

Considering that Simpsons 2 was one of the worst products LEGO made in the last decade, I highly doubt a series 3, if not that I consider it totally impossible.

Since everybody says HP, well, the only minifigure I would be interested in is the Dementor, if anything they do such.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Considering that Simpsons 2 was one of the worst products LEGO made in the last decade, I highly doubt a series 3, if not that I consider it totally impossible.

It was not that bad. The problem was that they included the whole Simpsons family again. Would they have left them out in favor for my top five, it would have been a great series.

1 hour ago, bjorn77 said:

It was not that bad. The problem was that they included the whole Simpsons family again. Would they have left them out in favor for my top five, it would have been a great series.

Let me preface this by saying I have no dog in the fight, as I'm not a Simpsons fan. While I agree the family repeats were lame, there was no way LEGO was gonna do a second wave and not have them as anchor characters. You can also be certain that if a 3rd series materialized there would be variants of the Simpsons family taking up slots. TLM had an Emmet we didn't need, and TLNM has not one, but TWO L-loyd figures largely unchanged from their set versions, as well as a Master Wu eating up a slot.

50 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Let me preface this by saying I have no dog in the fight, as I'm not a Simpsons fan. While I agree the family repeats were lame, there was no way LEGO was gonna do a second wave and not have them as anchor characters. You can also be certain that if a 3rd series materialized there would be variants of the Simpsons family taking up slots. TLM had an Emmet we didn't need, and TLNM has not one, but TWO L-loyd figures largely unchanged from their set versions, as well as a Master Wu eating up a slot.

Yeah, I am perfectly aware of this, and I would be OK with that if they released a third series. But if they leave it with the two released so far, then it really feels like a missed opportunity. No Moe or Skinner? C'mon...

On 13/07/2017 at 11:44 AM, bjorn77 said:

1. Moe
  2. Principal Skinner
  3. Otto
  4. Sideshow Bob
  5. Carl
  6. Lenny
  7. Barney
  8. Sideshow Mel
  9. Cletus
  10. Snake
  11. Rainer Wolfcastle
  12. Duffman
  14. Jaqueline Bouvier
  15. Major Quimby
  16. Fat Tony

I don't believe they will do a series 3, as it has been too long since series 1 and 2, and the D2C sets.

The list is pretty much the important second tier characters we are missing.  They would probably redo more of the main Simpsons family though, although these could be good if they did maybe Halloween / Treehouse of Horror versions, or some of Homer's various outfits (Stonecutter, Mascot, Mumu, etc).

Obviously, the ones missing are the controversial ones - especially the alcohol (Moe and Barney, with Lenny and Carl) and drugs (Otto) ones.

Edited by MAB